SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 465 466 467 468 469 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
One thing I did like about the G19X was the +2 mag extensions.
What do y'all recommend for +2 for the G45?

I have used Glock OEM +2s to make black G17 mags 19rds, however with the price drop to $24.99 for G19X 19rd mags (they used to be $34.99), it's cheaper to just buy them from Brownells (since most places want @$9 for each extension & insert, plus $20-ish for the base G17 magazine).

Wait for a $10 off $99 deal and you get 4 of them for $90, or about $22-23/each.

https://www.brownells.com/maga...-19x-prod116292.aspx


I also suggest the 19x +2 magazines.
 
Posts: 2466 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rlbuzz:

...My problem though isn't that I'm shooting low and left, I'm shooting just left of center. At 15 yards I'm showing a nicely grouped set of holes about 1 1/2 to 2 inches to the left of center. The elevation is fine...

Do you usually shoot Sigs? If so, your problem may be sight picture. Sig recommends covering the bullseye with the front sight, Glock recommends a center hold. If you cover the sights with the Glock, and don't use enough trigger finger, you'll shoot left of center.

Sight image 2 is for Glock, 3 is for Sig.


--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18
 
Posts: 8330 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
That G45 is tempting me something fierce.

It’s a 17 frame and everything internally, right? Locking block and slide rails in the right place? Could someone put a G34 upper (Gen 4, I’m assuming) on it and have it work? Probably not, I’m guessing. They really need to get rid of the half moon horseshit on the Gen 5.
 
Posts: 9557 | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
That G45 is tempting me something fierce.

It’s a 17 frame and everything internally, right? Locking block and slide rails in the right place? Could someone put a G34 upper (Gen 4, I’m assuming) on it and have it work? Probably not, I’m guessing. They really need to get rid of the half moon horseshit on the Gen 5.


Sorry, but no, that wouldn't work. The Gen5 Glocks all use the G19 style locking block. The Gen4 G34 uses the "old" G17 style locking block and is not compatible with the Gen5 guns. You would need to use a Gen5 G34 upper in order to make that swap. Also, there would be a gap between the end of the frame and the slide, as the frame is a G17 grip, but only as long as a G19 slide.
 
Posts: 1251 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it seemed a bridge too far. Hopefully they ditch the half moon on the Gen 5 and all of us who haven’t got one yet because of it won’t have an excuse anymore, lol.
 
Posts: 9557 | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by rlbuzz:


Do you usually shoot Sigs? If so, your problem may be sight picture. Sig recommends covering the bullseye with the front sight, Glock recommends a center hold. If you cover the sights with the Glock, and don't use enough trigger finger, you'll shoot left of center.

Sight image 2 is for Glock, 3 is for Sig.


Thanks for that clarification. I have been more into Sigs the last few years and do usually shoot with their combat sight picture which does include covering the target with the front sight. Personally I don't like that as it hides the center of the target when trying to do precision shooting. I guess that the combat style of aiming is used exactly as the name implies and is intended to deliver shots at center mass, not precision shooting.
Personally I like the Glock sight picture that you pointed out. It allows for more of the target to show through. I will definitely give that a try, plus using more trigger finger.
I've been shooting for many years but it seems like I never stop learning.
I've never owned a Glock before and to be honest, I never wanted to own a Glock. But for some reason this model 45 intrigued me and I bought it. Now I am beginning to see the draw to Glocks.
I guess the OP who named this thread "You will buy a Glock" was right.
 
Posts: 36 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I have used Glock OEM +2s to make black G17 mags 19rds, however with the price drop to $24.99 for G19X 19rd mags (they used to be $34.99), it's cheaper to just buy them from Brownells (since most places want @$9 for each extension & insert, plus $20-ish for the base G17 magazine).

Wait for a $10 off $99 deal and you get 4 of them for $90, or about $22-23/each.

https://www.brownells.com/maga...-19x-prod116292.aspx


I also suggest the 19x +2 magazines.


Thanks guys, but the color of the 19X is one reason I got rid of it.
The slide actually looked OK, but the poop colored plastic was not..
Besides, I already have 12 G17 mags.
I just need the +2 bases and inserts.

I ordered 4 sets of GLOCK OEM PLUS 2 MAG EXTENSION BASE PAD + INSERT - SP07151 SP07165.
They were $12 per set with free shipping.



_________________________________________________
Learn it, know it, live it.......Brad Hamilton

Certified iPhone and Glock fan-boi..

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
 
Posts: 3778 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's what you need if you aren't buying new mags, but for anyone buying new the G19X 19rd mags from Brownells are the best way to go for the $$$.

I found this is the best way to install them after my first two were a huge PITA.

After putting the insert in, hold it flush while sliding the baseplate on with a Glock tool pushed through the hole - use the tool to keep the insert flush until the baseplate is on, then slowly remove the tool to lower it into place.
 
Posts: 40048 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Yeah, that's what you need if you aren't buying new mags, but for anyone buying new the G19X 19rd mags from Brownells are the best way to go for the $$$.

I found this is the best way to install them after my first two were a huge PITA.

After putting the insert in, hold it flush while sliding the baseplate on with a Glock tool pushed through the hole - use the tool to keep the insert flush until the baseplate is on, then slowly remove the tool to lower it into place.


Thanks RHINOWSO...


_________________________________________________
Learn it, know it, live it.......Brad Hamilton

Certified iPhone and Glock fan-boi..

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
 
Posts: 3778 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rlbuzz:

Thanks for that clarification. I have been more into Sigs the last few years and do usually shoot with their combat sight picture which does include covering the target with the front sight...

You're welcome! My own preference is for Number 1, called the "6 O'clock Hold", and all my adjustable-sight guns are set for that. I don't understand why anybody would consciously choose to design fixed sights to obscure the POI.


--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18
 
Posts: 8330 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Yeah, it seemed a bridge too far. Hopefully they ditch the half moon on the Gen 5 and all of us who haven’t got one yet because of it won’t have an excuse anymore, lol.


If you are talking about the half moon at the front of the grip, the new Gen 5 G19s don't have it, at least my brand new G19 Gen 5 MOS doesn't have it. The G45 doesn't have it and I have been told that the G17 Gen5 my department is getting will not have it. I think the half moon grip is referred to as the FBI Glock now.
 
Posts: 2466 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Yeah, it seemed a bridge too far. Hopefully they ditch the half moon on the Gen 5 and all of us who haven’t got one yet because of it won’t have an excuse anymore, lol.


If you are talking about the half moon at the front of the grip, the new Gen 5 G19s don't have it, at least my brand new G19 Gen 5 MOS doesn't have it. The G45 doesn't have it and I have been told that the G17 Gen5 my department is getting will not have it. I think the half moon grip is referred to as the FBI Glock now.
Right now, for civie sales only the Gen 5 G17/G19 MOS models and G45 are sold without the cutout.
 
Posts: 40048 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Damn,

It's been 3 days I've been Glockless and I thought I would be happier, but I'm not. I picked up another P365 with an October B-day and have put it through my carry regiment. A coworker wanted my Glock 43 package more than I did and I caved. That was 3 days ago, and now I really miss the hell out of that weapon......
 
Posts: 863 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Shouldnt have done it rock. Between wife I and we have the german sig 225, sig 365(6/18) , glock 43, hk vp9sk, and (walther ppq 22lr( the fun gun to shoot all day), all well used , comfortable, no upgrades, and always go bang!
 
Posts: 9 | Location: Spencerport, New York | Registered: June 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I have the half moon cut out on my gen 5 19, which at first didn't really bother me but I do notice it slightly. The trigger pull out of the box is amazing compared to prior generations.
 
Posts: 4362 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Found a good deal on a Gen3 19 today at my LGS. Very lightly used, came with the Glock bag (no box), 2 mags, and they installed a set of Ameriglo agents I had for free, all for $380. So now I have a 42, 43, 19 gen3, 19 gen5, 34, and because I had to, a 40. Every time I think I am going to thin the heard, I end up getting another one.
 
Posts: 178 | Location: Shenandoah Valley - VA | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Glock bag"?

Must be a new thing with the kids.


____________________________________________________

If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would promise them missionaries for dinner. - H. L. Mencken
 
Posts: 84749 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Ha! It's just one of those single pistol glock range bags that they sometimes give away with a pistol purchase at Glock Demo days.

Like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Glock-G...ords=glock+range+bag
 
Posts: 178 | Location: Shenandoah Valley - VA | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
Picture of soggy_spinout
posted Hide Post
Glock bag: just the typical merchandising that gun makers do...and what others may or may not license to do. Glock gave me a Glock-embroidered backpack a couple of years ago along with the usual promotional swag the rep drops off every 12 months or so. Like I really wanna advertise that I just might be carrying...nice bull's-eye on the back, that. And in FDE no less. Kinda like the black hoodie with the HUGE Glock logo on its back that I got several years ago; can you say, "first to die"?
 
Posts: 8677 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Agree! I won't use it for those exact reasons.
 
Posts: 178 | Location: Shenandoah Valley - VA | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 465 466 467 468 469  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock

© SIGforum 2018