SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 464 465 466 467 468 469 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
The G45 Gen 5 is the Cats Meow, it's just flat out perfect for me, I also have Gen4 and Gen 5 G19's, but the G45 ROCKS, it's worth waiting for IMHO...

Posts: 244 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up three Glocks in the last month (my department is switching over to Glock 17 Gen 5 the end of the year):

Glock 26 Gen 5

Glock 19 MOS Gen 5: Everyone who shoot it liked it, especially doing speed & accuracy drills with it.

Glock 45: Everyone at our in service range session shot it and loved it. It just feels and shoots perfectly! After that session, I know of at least 3 other officers who went online and bought one.

Posts: 2466 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Is there any word on a gen 5 G20?

Posts: 8253 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Is there any word on a gen 5 G20?
Nope, Gen 5 is only 17/19/45 right now in the US, although there are photos of 40S&W model Gen 5s overseas.

I think it’ll be a lot like the Gen 3 to Gen 4, it’s gonna take awhile.

Posts: 40048 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TENWOLVES:
The G45 Gen 5 is the Cats Meow, it's just flat out perfect for me, I also have Gen4 and Gen 5 G19's, but the G45 ROCKS, it's worth waiting for IMHO...

quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:

Glock 45: Everyone at our in service range session shot it and loved it. It just feels and shoots perfectly! After that session, I know of at least 3 other officers who went online and bought one.

I wish I would have waited for the G45.
I'm going to have to sell my G19X and then buy a G45... Mad

Main reasons:
1. The baby poop color, which isn't that bad in person, but I'd rather have black.
2. Being able to use my other G17 mags without changing the base plates.

Certified iPhone and Glock fan-boi..

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Posts: 3778 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by TENWOLVES:

quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:

Main reasons:
1. The baby poop color, which isn't that bad in person, but I'd rather have black.
2. Being able to use my other G17 mags without changing the base plates.

I have the 19X too. I have shot it numerous times and loved it right away. When I bought the 19X, there was no plans for the G45. Trust me, with the response I got with my G45, my department would have probably gone with it over the G17 Gen5 we have on order. Having a 19X is why I immediately bought a G45 when I could. I plan on keeping both. The 19X with Surefire light/laser and its magazines are for home defense and is in the nightstand safe. I am carrying (depending on clothing) one of the G19X 17+2 magazines as a reload for the G45.

Posts: 2466 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, I got lucky - several times Brownells had $70 off $600, which means I could have gotten the 19X for right around $540 after their FFL fee.

I had it ready to go in the cart, just needed to press CONFIRM ORDER but I would always be like "nah, you don't need it".

Then the G45 came out and I bought that mofo so fast. It is just a great gun, has all the needed changes from the 19X and Gen 5s (magazine well area of the grip, color, etc).

I can't wait to shoot it again, hopefully this weekend.

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Well, that didn't take long.
After 2 people flaked on me I sold the 19X today.
Hours later got the Glock 45.
I might have got it a little cheaper from a gun show, but then I'd have to go to the gun show. Mad

Price I paid locally was equivalent to the best price on Gunbroker, plus shipping, plus transfer fees.

I bought it with the Ameriglo sights, so I won't have to change them later.

So without shooting it, it seems the perfect Glock.
With the large back strap my usual Glock high aim on the draw is eliminated.

One more thing, the serial number has my son's initials in it.
Which is good since in the end, he will end up owning it. Big Grin

Looking forward to some range time.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Posts: 3778 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I kinda want a Glock 45. I have basically been all DA/SA for 8 years and my Glocks basically just get occasional exercise and the G45 makes little practical sense to me but ....... I kinda want one. I mean hell I have a Ruger Charger and those make no practical sense.

All that being said all the praise is selling me on the handling characteristics.

I like toys.....sue me. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 3710 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never been interested in Glocks for some reason. Maybe it's their very plain, very utilitarian styling, I'm not sure. They have definitely earned an almost sterling reputation through the years.

I had a chance to examine the new Glock 45 a couple of weeks ago and was surprising impressed, so much that I surprised myself and bought one.

I've had a chance to shoot it on a couple occasions and have to admit, that it handles and shoots very well. It's generally very accurate although mine shoots to the left. I've shot it from a bench, no change, experimented with varying my grip and the grip attachments that came with it, and still no change. I like to go through all possibilities before doing any thing permanent, but I guess I'm going to have to move the rear sight to the right. I hate to do that because the rear sight is already somewhat to the right from the factory, but I don't see any alternative.

Once this is corrected, I think I'll be pretty satisfied with the new Glock. Other than that, it has been just about perfect.

My only real complaint is that IMO, Glock should make the trigger guard just a bit bigger. No matter how I grip the gun, my finger rubs on the bottom of the trigger guard and can be a bit uncomfortable. Another 1/16" to 1/8" height would make a world of difference. I can't imagine how anyone could shoot this with gloves on.

Other than that one bit of criticism, I think Glock has a winner with the new model 45.

Posts: 36 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 84755 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
If you're a right hander, it's common to shoot low and to the left, just the opposite for lefty's, as for correcting these issues, you just need a better grip and keep your finger a little higher on the trigger, I have a few of my auto's that made my trigger pull painful, until I learned a better hold and placement, congrats on your G45, I love mine and think it's my perfect Glock, if your's didn't come with night sights, there are several good ones to consider, Amerglo agents work great, I'm running Tru-Glo TFX Pros on mine which are great day and night sights because they are also fiber optic, anyway, congrats, enjoy your G45, you made a good choice in a firearm...

Posts: 244 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Concur with the above. When I first got my g26 it shot low and left for me also. I was used to using the tip of my finger on the trigger. Putting a little more finger on the trigger, around the first knuckle helped tremendously.

Posts: 9680 | Location: Magnolia, Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Re: Shooting low and left with Glocks.

This helped me with my first G19 when I struggled with consistent center hits, instead of grouping left.

Sink more trigger finger.

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
After years of shooting nothing but Sigs, I had the same low and left issue in my XD phase.
It just took a bit of trigger and grip range time.

Between tiring of the spongy XD triggers and reading this thread, I became a follower of the Glock..

I used to say the last gun I'd ever be rid of is my Gen 2 G17, but this G45 may end up being the favorite.
I can't see there being a better LEO weapon.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
One thing I did like about the G19X was the +2 mag extensions.
What do y'all recommend for +2 for the G45?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

posted Hide Post
quote:
One thing I did like about the G19X was the +2 mag extensions.
What do y'all recommend for +2 for the G45?

I have used Glock OEM +2s to make black G17 mags 19rds, however with the price drop to $24.99 for G19X 19rd mags (they used to be $34.99), it's cheaper to just buy them from Brownells (since most places want @$9 for each extension & insert, plus $20-ish for the base G17 magazine).

Wait for a $10 off $99 deal and you get 4 of them for $90, or about $22-23/each.

https://www.brownells.com/maga...-19x-prod116292.aspx

posted Hide Post
Sometimes I don't like to carry the poop colored 19x so I got a 45 for those times.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 7230 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Re: Shooting low and left with Glocks.

Thanks for the tip and the link to the video. I'll definitely try it the next time I go to the range.

My problem though isn't that I'm shooting low and left, I'm shooting just left of center. At 15 yards I'm showing a nicely grouped set of holes about 1 1/2 to 2 inches to the left of center. The elevation is fine.

I've tried shooting from a rest with the exact same results. I've varied my grip using more trigger finger and less. I've also tried using different grip adjustment panels. No matter what I've tried, I always get the same results.

I'll probably try again and give the recommendations in the video a try. Like I mentioned before, my rear sight is already slightly right of center from the factory so I hate to move it even more to the right.

I ordered my Glock 45 with the AmeriGlo sights. They are among the best pistol sights I've had. The big orange front dot is hard to miss.

Posts: 36 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post