SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 472

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted H.:
Probably not.

I'm not sure why the Nancys even bother to post in this thread.

Member here for 16 years and finally decided to finally start posting shit in the Glock thread... Roll Eyes

Certified iPhone and Glock fan-boi..

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Posts: 3799 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a 19X. My 2nd Glock. Really like it but I need to re-acclimate to the Glock trigger. Been carrying the VP9 or the SK version for like 3 years now and I think it's the best striker fired trigger out there.

Posts: 1990 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No Gen 5 MOS 17s or 19s seen today, two different dealers. Nor a G45. The quest continues to see a live one before plunking out the plastic.

Posts: 863 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by Ted H.:
Probably not.

I'm not sure why the Nancys even bother to post in this thread.

Member here for 16 years and finally decided to finally start posting shit in the Glock thread... Roll Eyes

Big Grin

Posts: 118 | Location: Hampton, VA / Salvo, NC | Registered: June 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ted's alright in my book.

Posts: 84874 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Ted's alright in my book.

My Momma would disagree. She always said I was at least a half deck short because I volunteered for sub duty. Wink

Posts: 118 | Location: Hampton, VA / Salvo, NC | Registered: June 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to a G45. Hopefully the department will approve it soon.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2288 | Location: Chicago IL | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Visited another dealer this week, no Gen 5 MOS or G45s to check out. After doing a little soul searching, I'm thinking what's really my desire is a G22 MOS for a HD role.

Posts: 863 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non Nobis Solum
posted Hide Post
I’m now up to following:
Glock 43
Glock 19
Glock 19 mos
Glock 26

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 3544 | Location: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: May 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
Gen 5 19 MOS with a TLR-7 & RM06 is just pure awesome sauce. I’m even happy with the factory trigger!

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1670 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
As stated before, epic thread. Bought some Glocks, then some more. And more will follow me home. The G45 is quite interesting.

Posts: 68 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KHolm:
Gen 5 19 MOS with a TLR-7 & RM06 is just pure awesome sauce. I’m even happy with the factory trigger!

That's a great looking setup you have there!

Posts: 68 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Do the irons clear the dot sight on that? If not do you just use the window like a giant ghost ring if you will, should the dot fail???

That is a bad ass little setup.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 3733 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Do the irons clear the dot sight on that? If not do you just use the window like a giant ghost ring if you will, should the dot fail???

That is a bad ass little setup.

Yes, they clear and cowitness perfectly. I was going to opt for extra tall sights, but I do have a reasonable amount of real estate at the bottom of the optic glass to the iron sight picture. These are standard Ameriglo front NS with black rear suppressor sights, which are my preferred Sights for RMR use. Thanks! I’m really liking this guy over my Gen 4’s! I have an Overwatch Precision Gen 5 TAC coming simply to try out, but other than a flat shoe I can’t see how it’ll improve the new trigger too much. I may also switch the MOS plate to a C&H plate for a tighter RMR fit and improved asthetics.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1670 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RR. I AM WORKING ON THE SAME SET UP. I just GOT THE G19 gen5 MOS. FROM XWERKS. WITH THE Frame IN Glock-FDE COLOR. EVERTHING ELSE Unchanged. Gonna order the RMR ADJUSTABLE 3.25 dot. And I’d like a light that does not protrude for aesthetics sake like your TLR. You beat me to it. Nice set up. It will be my first Glock ever.

229c 229 227.

Posts: 25 | Location: Vidalia and Savannah Georgia | Registered: September 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops. I mean KHOLM. Sweet set up.

Oh and I went with the Trijicon Suppressor Night sights.

Hey. U gotta rack the slide all time to dry fire. No one told me this. My first striker fired too

Posts: 25 | Location: Vidalia and Savannah Georgia | Registered: September 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Wow, I was going to get a gen 5 G 19 but I looked at the 45 and may get it.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3232 | Location: Georgia on my Mind | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FMp227sw629:
U gotta rack the slide all time to dry fire. No one told me this. My first striker fired too
Well there you have it.

Yes, you need to rack it for dry fire. Like you would for an SAO gun. Although with a glock you only need to move the slide back <1" to reset the trigger. Wink

Welcome to the machine... Big Grin

I'm really liking my G45 and G19.4s. I did buy a complete G19.4 slide with Front Cocking serrations to convert my LEO trade in G23.4 to a G19. I could have gone conversion barrel but just don't like 40S&W. I'll keep the slide just in case but it'll be a G19 for all intents (changed the ejector already).

Once the Vanilla G19 Gen 5s come without the grip cutout I'll buy. I already have Talons and the extended slide stop waiting. Big Grin

Posts: 40403 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a 19X a couple weeks ago. I have a few 19's and really like them, and have heard nothing but good things about the 19X. Finally got it to the range the other day and was quite disappointed. Uncomfortable, my finger kept rubbing the bottom of the trigger the wrong way, and felt like it had quite a bit more recoil than my other 19's (which seems odd). Will have to put a few more mags through it, but not sure it's a keeper yet.

Posts: 517 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
The G45 Gen 5 is the Cats Meow, it's just flat out perfect for me, I also have Gen4 and Gen 5 G19's, but the G45 ROCKS, it's worth waiting for IMHO...

Posts: 246 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post