September 27, 2018, 10:18 PM
RHINOWSO
You will buy a Glock
Yup, ordered a G45 today.
September 28, 2018, 01:44 AM
1lowlife
If only I could have waited it out. Mad
Might have to sell my baby poop 19X and get a G45.. Big Grin

But then again maybe keep the 19X for the longer front strap, 19 rd mags, and night sights.

September 28, 2018, 09:01 AM
kimberkid
so the designation 45 ... is for a 9mm?

Ironic, I realize it was probably the next number in their line up but I wonder why they didn't make it a 45 caliber?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
September 28, 2018, 09:03 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:

Ironic, I realize it was probably the next number in their line up but I wonder why they didn't make it a 45 caliber?

Because Glock model numbers have no correlation to caliber. None. Never have.
September 28, 2018, 09:43 AM
Chowser
Keep both. My 19X night sights I gave away since the gen5 sights don't work for me. I'm standardizing on Ameriglo Agent gen3/4 sights on all my Glocks.

I already ordered a set for my Glock 45 which I'm told will be ready for pickup next Friday. I will make a spot for it in my 19X case. I also have a TLR-7 ready for the 45 as well.

Not minority enough!
September 28, 2018, 09:49 AM
kimberkid
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:

Because Glock model numbers have no correlation to caliber. None. Never have.

Yep, that's why I said "I realize it was probably the next number in their line up"

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
September 28, 2018, 10:21 AM
Augen
I re-entered the glock ownership with an FDE G17 3rd gen. New for mid-$400's. May never shoot it, but its there for the collection.

Wish I never sold the G20c from the 1990's though.
September 28, 2018, 10:53 AM
RHINOWSO
Mine shipped, will be at the FFL Tuesday.

Ameriglo Agents and an OEM extended slide release on the way as well.

Already plenty of 17/19/21/22rd mags around. Big Grin
September 28, 2018, 02:13 PM
47Straight
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by 47Straight:
I don't believe you.
...and then you say:
quote:
I've tried 3 times to buy a Glock. Every time I've left the store with the Pistol I was comparing it to.
You, sir, are a latent glockosexual. Here's a couple of passes to the bath house.
quote:
The one time I bought one was the G43 and I went in without a comparison.
Oh, I spoke too soon. There's no latency, but you are in denial.

You have, in fact, bought a Glock and it's only a matter of time before you give yourself over fully.

You know what they say- bipistolality is just a stopover on the way to Glockville.

Sorry, Big Grin but the G43 is no more. I didn't like it, and never shot it, so there was just no reason to own it.

I stand by my original theory: you either love them, hate them, or modify them until you like them.
September 29, 2018, 08:40 AM
Kevbo
How do you know you don’t like it if you don’t shoot it?

That’s like my kids saying they don’t like foods they’ve never tried

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?
September 29, 2018, 03:59 PM
parabellum
I see that you used your bath house passes. It's OK. You're among friends. Smile

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
September 29, 2018, 06:15 PM
rat2306
The Gen 5 MOS models intrigue me, this coming weekend I may need to check them out (if a LGS to me has them).
October 01, 2018, 09:43 PM
Sig Sauer Kraut
I gave in and got my first in 15 years. Got a 43 used at Cabela’s. It looked new and the price was right. All that’s left is some range time and finding a holster.
October 02, 2018, 03:40 PM
RHINOWSO
Yup G45 came in today.
October 03, 2018, 09:20 AM
jsbcody
Bought and picking up two more: G26 Gen 5, G19 MOS Gen 5.

In a couple months, my department is transitioning from 15+ year old Sig 229s to the G17 Gen 5.
October 03, 2018, 09:13 PM
BigNC
Traded for a g4 34 a few weeks back. It's a known shooter from a friend so I am not freaked out about the fact that I still haven't shot it! I think I need a 17 and then I can rest easy until spring when I decide i need a 26 or 43. Lol

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
October 04, 2018, 06:11 PM
47Straight
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
How do you know you don’t like it if you don’t shoot it?

That’s like my kids saying they don’t like foods they’ve never tried

Maybe I should clarify. I shot it quite a bit. I tried to get to where I liked it. After quite a bit of shooting I found that I took it to the range less and less. I always wanted to shoot something else. After a while I found I was just leaving it in the safe, or putting it in my range bag, but shooting something else. All because I never got to where I liked shooting it. So I finally decided to sell it.
October 05, 2018, 07:19 PM
egregore
The thread title doesn't only mean that you will, in the future, buy a Glock at some point. It also applies to present and former owners.
October 05, 2018, 08:39 PM
Ted H.
I still don’t have one
October 05, 2018, 08:44 PM
LincolnSixEcho
quote:
Originally posted by Ted H.:
I still don’t have one

Eventually, when you least expect it, you’ll just realize that you can’t live without one.