SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 460 461 462 463 464 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xmod:
^^^^ That should be the next thread - You will customize your Glock. Everyone does sooner or later.

Done.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 3320 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
no ... I bought my Glock to be a hammer. To be the AK47 of the pistol world. (although I do like SiG's and CZ's too.)

You start fucking with them and they are no longer a hammer. Look at what it did to the 1911. Took an absolutely reliable 45, tightened it up, bling it out and what do you have. A shiny semi-reliable paperweight.

Yeah, my name is kimberkid and I'm guilty too.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 4736 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well after putting it off for the last 15 years or so I finally bought my first Glock. Picked up a model 19 Gen 3 from a guy in a pinch so he
let it go so cheap $425.00 bucks and no tax I just couldn't pass it up. Came with 4 magazines total and night sights and was so lightly used it almost looked new. Tried many 40 S&W models and never warmed up to them but after trying a Glock 19 last year was very impressed for what it could do at the price point they cost.

Want to get a Glock 26 but without the pierce grip extenders even my small hands hang off the grip which I didn't like so it's future purchase down the line.

Question for all you Glock guys I'm a big fan of John WIck 2 and the Taran Tactical Glock 34 they did. But is it worth the price of 600 for the gun and over 2,000 for all the labor and upgrades? Money isn't a problem but that is a lot of cash for something that I can't exactly handle or shoot before hand. If it's fun to shoot that's great but does it have a place besides a range toy or can it double as a night stand gun?

Posts: 886 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dfens:

Question for all you Glock guys I'm a big fan of John WIck 2 and the Taran Tactical Glock 34 they did. But is it worth the price of 600 for the gun and over 2,000 for all the labor and upgrades?

No. Absolutely not necessary. Or helpful.

Posts: 2487 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

Question for all you Glock guys I'm a big fan of John WIck 2 and the Taran Tactical Glock 34 they did. But is it worth the price of 600 for the gun and over 2,000 for all the labor and upgrades?

No. Absolutely not necessary. Or helpful.

But it sure does look cool! Cool

A while back, I did a thread on a ZevTech Glock G-19. (Sorry, can't find it...) The long and short of it is, Zev makes a damn fine pistol. Nice, crisp trigger, the fiber-optic sight was super sharp, I liked the coated barrel & internal parts. Fantastic stippling job, scalloped mag release and trigger guard reduction. Accurate as hell, and reliable.

To me, the price point just isn't worth it. I can't justify spending $500-$600 on a Glock, sending it off and a couple thousand dollars later... Don't get me wrong, it's a GREAT GUN, but I can't justify the $.

There's some great companies out there that can stipple, scallop and do a reduction job for a good price and quality. (Polymer Refined comes to mind) Toss in a Haley Strategic trigger ($150) and a good set of sights (another $100-$150) you're way under what a custom company charges.

Even doing the $.50 trigger job and sights helps.

However... It's been my experience, that the more crazy modifications one does to a Glock, the more that goes wrong.

"When its time to shoot, shoot. Dont talk!"

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 5216 | Location: Just moved: Downtown Chi-Town | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Well, I bought a Gen 4 Glock 19 a few years back. I can shoot tight little groups, they just group left of POA. Shooting left has always been a problem with Glock 19/23s. I recently decided to buy a Gen 5 G17, and installed a set of Heinie sights like I use on many of my other handguns. Can’t say that it’s the sights or the G17, but I love this gun. Trigger out of the box was on par with my G19 3.5 ghost trigger. I was able to run this gun fast and everything grouped at POA. I will absolutely be picking up a G34 w/ MOS cut in the future. I am also starting to think about a G43. One thing I have always liked about the Glock trigger is the ability to run them quickly.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Checking into this thread from time to time has always made me curious. Finally shot my first Glock today. Shot a 19 and did pretty well with it for a first timer and considering I have rarely gotten out to shoot the last couple years. Grip angle didn't bother me, and the trigger felt pretty nice, as well. I actually shot it better than my 239 in .40, but not as well as my 220 carry (also first time out after sitting on it for over a little over 3 years and I loved that thing! Thanks Fredward!). I've been kicking around the idea of grabbing a 19 or 26. Thinking the 19 would be a great all around gun (HD and CC), and even better if/hopefully when I leave CA. Then I can have 15 round mags Smile. Reason I started thinking about the 26 is obviously smaller and same 10 round max in CA. Just thinking it may be too small. The 19 felt great, and am kicking myself for not renting the 26, but I can next time I suppose. They just don't have the pinky extension mags, which I would think is pretty much necessary for the 26. Seems the 19 is an extremely popular choice and I really liked it, so thinking hard about going that way and joining the "dark side." May end up dumping the 239, and grabbing the 19. Like the 239 just fine, but like the stable to be small. Have a 226, that if it weren't my first gun, I'd probably dump, too. Keep thinking compact 9mm for carry and .45 for HD. Could probably carry the 220 comfortably as well... Anywho, definitely liking Glock!

ETA: Only thing I didn't love about the 19 was the mag release, but seems there is a mag release extension that's pretty popular upgrade.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 1939 | Location: Basement of Staples Center | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SigSauerP226 yeah the only thing I'll probably do to my newly acquired Glock 19 is installing a extended magazine release really have to change my grip to drop a magazine.

Maybe the extended slide release as well, but when the gun is broken in on the rental I originally tried was perfectly fine stock.

I always wanted a Glock 26 since I don't have a sub compact in my collection but with my small hands couldn't grip it without my fingers hanging off the grip. Concealed you can just try to live with it but I would only shoot it with the pinky extension.

But I got the model 19 first since it was such a deal and when a deal comes up again for a 26 I'll pick up one too.

Posts: 886 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Still haven’t bought, nor will, a Glock. Have tried to shoot them multiple times and just can’t do it accurately. I have transitioned from DA/SA Sigs to HK Lem, effectively, but can’t do a Glock. But I don’t feel I’m missing anything with that choice either...

Posts: 1783 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
Still haven’t bought, nor will, a Glock. Have tried to shoot them multiple times and just can’t do it accurately. I have transitioned from DA/SA Sigs to HK Lem, effectively, but can’t do a Glock. But I don’t feel I’m missing anything with that choice either...

Thanks for chiming in.
I'm sure your post was very helpful to others... Roll Eyes

Certified iPhone and Glock fan-boi..

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Posts: 3757 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
SigSauerP226 yeah the only thing I'll probably do to my newly acquired Glock 19 is installing a extended magazine release really have to change my grip to drop a magazine.

Maybe the extended slide release as well, but when the gun is broken in on the rental I originally tried was perfectly fine stock.

I always wanted a Glock 26 since I don't have a sub compact in my collection but with my small hands couldn't grip it without my fingers hanging off the grip. Concealed you can just try to live with it but I would only shoot it with the pinky extension.

But I got the model 19 first since it was such a deal and when a deal comes up again for a 26 I'll pick up one too.

I have seen the ext. slide release mentioned a lot, too. When I was at the range, I was just sling-shotting the slide. Definitely something I should look at if I rent again, honestly didn't even cross my mind. I, also, have smaller hands, and figured the 26 would still be too small. I don't care for the idea of the pinky hanging off. I guess the extension on the mag could help, but, honestly, I really liked the feel and size of the 19.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 1939 | Location: Basement of Staples Center | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have seen the ext. slide release mentioned a lot, too. When I was at the range, I was just sling-shotting the slide. Definitely something I should look at if I rent again, honestly didn't even cross my mind. I, also, have smaller hands, and figured the 26 would still be too small. I don't care for the idea of the pinky hanging off. I guess the extension on the mag could help, but, honestly, I really liked the feel and size of the 19.

I have and carry a 26. The plus 2 from Pearce makes it comfy. Almost like a 19/23. Or a 32 which I also have, without the mag wiggle. And 12 reds doesn't hurt either.

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1090 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barry1967:
quote:

I have and carry a 26. The plus 2 from Pearce makes it comfy. Almost like a 19/23. Or a 32 which I also have, without the mag wiggle. And 12 reds doesn't hurt either.

Hmm I really should at least try the 26 I suppose. Shoot them back to back since the range near me has both. I am unfortunately limited to 10 rounds, but the Pearce extensions look pretty nice. I just wouldn't be able to try it before I buy it. Ah well more to contemplate and I'll go back and forth a thousand times like I do with everything I buy that is worth some coin.

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
quote:
Originally posted by barry1967:
quote:

Hmm I really should at least try the 26 I suppose. Shoot them back to back since the range near me has both. I am unfortunately limited to 10 rounds, but the Pearce extensions look pretty nice. I just wouldn't be able to try it before I buy it. Ah well more to contemplate and I'll go back and forth a thousand times like I do with everything I buy that is worth some coin.

I prefer the original +0 extensions over the XL.

If you do end up with a 26 and buy an extension, try to find an older magazine with only the one magazine cutout, they fight tighter and less gap between the extension and magwell than the newer magazines.

Posts: 5910 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you do end up with a 26 and buy an extension, try to find an older magazine with only the one magazine cutout, they fight tighter and less gap between the extension and magwell than the newer magazines.

I agree with this, I just (couple of months ago now) picked up a used Gen 3 Glock 26 with a custom grip reduction and stippling job. First time that I have ever liked a 26, the hump at the rear of the grip just doesn't do it for me.

I have a couple of mags for a 26 with the single cut out, they appear "tighter" so that I don't have pinching with the extensions. I spent a couple of weeks looking for some others, a couple of the LGS that I went to thought that I was crazy, I told them... "Maybe, then again Maybe not, but I'll pick up any single cutout 26 mags that you have."

I'm good to go now, have 5. I also tried the Magpul 12 round 26 mags, they work 100% and the best part, they come with an extension and no "pinching"

------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Mt. Lebanon, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non Nobis Solum
posted Hide Post
I'm got the following;
Glock 19mos
Glock 26
Glock 43

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 3541 | Location: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: May 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Good info. on the magazines, thanks! Checked out Magpul and they have 10 round mags for the 19, but not the 26. Thought that was interesting. The latest version of Glocks "legal" in CA is Gen 3, so would those magazines already work with the Pearce ext as a tight-fitting older magazine? Technically, we can buy a Gen 4 or 5 private party from another CA resident, but people are asking for ~ $1k. The Gen 3 can be had for half of that because they are on the lame-ass roster. I guess, also, going off that info., would there be any reason to spend twice as much to get a Gen 4 or 5 over the 3?

Bamf
posted Hide Post
I think Zev and Taran make awesome custom Glocks, but they are way overpriced. If you just want a new look, I can recommend Landers Weapons Systems. I absolutely love the quality of work, reasonable wait time, and fair prices he has.

"I have a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim" - Ænema

Posts: 4596 | Location: Puyallup, WA | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
Good info. on the magazines, thanks! Checked out Magpul and they have 10 round mags for the 19, but not the 26. Thought that was interesting. The latest version of Glocks "legal" in CA is Gen 3, so would those magazines already work with the Pearce ext as a tight-fitting older magazine? Technically, we can buy a Gen 4 or 5 private party from another CA resident, but people are asking for ~ $1k. The Gen 3 can be had for half of that because they are on the lame-ass roster. I guess, also, going off that info., would there be any reason to spend twice as much to get a Gen 4 or 5 over the 3?

I have about 4 different generation magazines and only the single cutout mags fit tight like described above.
The pearce mags fit on any of the magazines, but the ones with ambi cutouts leave a bit more gap and wiggle than the old mags.

I believe Glock changed the molds when they added ambi magazine releases, probably intentionally allowing more gap to allow more positive mag lockup.

Even Hyve suggests to not use the old single cutout mags because the tighter fit interferes with their extensions, but this is not an issue with the Pearce.

https://hyvetechnologiesbuilde...or-the-glock-262733/

Posts: 5910 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think Zev and Taran make awesome custom Glocks, but they are way overpriced. If you just want a new look, I can recommend Landers Weapons Systems. I absolutely love the quality of work, reasonable wait time, and fair prices he has.

I think the movies have helped with Glock customizing, of which I am all for. It's nice to give a new perspective on a solid platform that has been ridiculed as the "block" for years. I like the looks of most of the ones I have seen. I would like to get a Grand Master by TTI but the cost,(although I understand the time/work that goes into them is not cheap) and wait times are more than I care for, mostly the wait times.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post