SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 457 458 459 460

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
So has anyone here played with Polymer80 kit?

Bought and built a G17 and G19 Polymer 80.
They work well.

Posts: 57 | Location: NE Pa | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just added a Gen 4 19 with factory titanium slide to the stable. Going to run it in a class in 2 weeks. Let the dry firing begin.

Posts: 106 | Location: Westfield, IN | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I do hate to admit it...The Gen5 is one of the best pistols to hit the market in years.

Being issued this, led to the purchase of that.

And I have a third 17 that is being sent off to have cut for an RMR.

"Make it a shooting, and not a gunfight" LSP552 02/19/2011

Posts: 31252 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
My gen5 19 is the best striker pistol (and best Glock) I’ve owned. I plan to get a gen5 17 at some point.

I never warmed to the compact gen3/4s due to the finger grooves which seem to fit smaller hands.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: striker1,

RB

Posts: 6289 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Yup, the 19X does feel pretty sweet in hand. We have two in the shop right now and it's been tough sledding trying to keep my 'no-buy' streak going.

All I have to say is Thank God they haven't done a 19X MOS. Not even Baby Poo Brown could keep me from buying one.

Posts: 1954 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
What do people think about the magwell pinky cutout on the G19 Gen 5? Only thing I don’t like about it.

Posts: 393 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I'm not a fan, but the 19 falls right at JUST too small for my hands. I have to use XGrip extensions, and I really want to try it for my Timberwolf frame to see if they'll work. I have a modified 17 with the cutout and it doesn't bother me at all.

Posts: 1954 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PennSig
posted Hide Post
As for the Gen 5 magwell pinky cutout my first impression is why is it necessary?

Because the G19 is tight for my hands, I carry a G17 Gen 4 and I just picked up a G19X because the balance is great and it has the extended frontstrap and NO cutout.

I'll take another look at the Gen 5 - and the cutout - when the G20 and G21 are released, or even a G17. The Gen 5 features of no finger grooves, better trigger, and slide nose relief are enticing.

George Washington did what was right. Now it is our time to do the same. Restore the Republic!

Posts: 789 | Registered: October 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PennSig:
As for the Gen 5 magwell pinky cutout my first impression is why is it necessary?

My guess is to assist in pulling out a stuck or sticky magazine was probably a milspec or leo spec somewhere.

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

Posts: 11596 | Location: Mouseville, FL | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post