SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
I’m considering picking up a gen4 Glock 21. I keep trying to talk myself out of it.

Get one!
I have a gen 3 G-21 as my duty gun. I love that thing! One of the softer shooting .45's out there.

You won't regret buying it.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
I’m considering picking up a gen4 Glock 21. I keep trying to talk myself out of it.

Have you considered a 41? Longer sight and barrel, and it's lighter. It's a sweet .45

I’ve never seen one, I want to be able to carry it into the woods when I go bow hunting. Would the extra length impact the ability to carry it?

Not at all, and it's lighter than a 21. I own both, but I prefer the 41. Seems to shoot a little better for me. Very accurate and soft shooting. You can't go wrong with either, but for me the 41 edges it out.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Well, I’ve posted in this thread a time or three related to my various dalliances with the Glock line.

My latest encounter had me purchasing my son a new Gen5 G26 so that I might get back from him a Gen4 G26 that I’d given him a bit over a year ago.

So, while the Gen5 awaits my son’s next opportunity for a range trip, I’ve been getting reacquainted with the 4 and thoroughly enjoying it. I think the G26 is my favorite Glock. Just carried it all weekend IWB “tucked” in a Milt Sparks VM-2 (equipped with Sparks’ proprietary clips to enable tucked carry). I also use a Magholder, LLC horizontal magazine carrier on the off-side with a spare mag.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Resisted as long as I could. Picked up a G43 today, although it's probably gonna become property of the wife.
I'm thinking a gen5 G19 is in my future.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MRBTX,

Posts: 3594 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever you do, don't handle the Gen5 Glock 34. Unless you have the money. Never thought I'd buy any Glock In the last 2 months I bought the Gen 5 G17, 34 and just recently the 19. The 34 is my favorite, hands down.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Yes Dark Lord, you are correct. I now have a GEN 3, G21 inbound. The original owner lost the factory barrel and is selling it with a Storm Lake barrel and a very low round count.

For $365 shipped I could not argue. I will eventually dump the Storm Lake barrel and install a Wilson Combat barrel. I plan on feeding this G21 a bushel of cast lead bullets.

Posts: 3146 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hahaha that emperor palpatine gets me everytime he appears in this thread. Gewwwwddddddd young skywalker gewwwwdddddd.

Posts: 176 | Location: Rochester NY | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
A bit of good news. After hearing of all the feed issues with aftermarket baseplates on the G43, I finally got to function test the Taran tactical +1 and +2. They all functioned flawlessly with Federal HST. Got to about 150 rounds. I believe these are good to go. They really enhance the shootability of the G43.

I don’t think I would have ever been happy stuck with 6+1.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Put Ameriglo Agent sights on several G19s and the G42 over the past couple of months. I have to say I love the sights, even over the I-Dot Pros I still have on several others. Basically Ameriglo's version of Trijicon HDs.

I also recall why I bought a LEO Trade in G23 but was in no hurry to shoot it. I put a couple of mags through it today and while its a nice gun, especially for the price ($319 shipped a couple years ago), I'm not a 40 fan.

But it's nice to have it as a beater / loaner / 40S&W whore if needed.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
A bit of good news. After hearing of all the feed issues with aftermarket baseplates on the G43, I finally got to function test the Taran tactical +1 and +2. They all functioned flawlessly with Federal HST. Got to about 150 rounds. I believe these are good to go. They really enhance the shootability of the G43.

What feed problems?

I've been running Pearce baseplates on the G43 since I got it, without incident. I use the +1 baseplates, and after quite a few thousand rounds through the pistol, no issues whatsoever. I've yet to hear from anyone that has had issues with the Pearce baseplates.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:

What feed problems?

I've been running Pearce baseplates on the G43 since I got it, without incident. I use the +1 baseplates, and after quite a few thousand rounds through the pistol, no issues whatsoever. I've yet to hear from anyone that has had issues with the Pearce baseplates.

Some, not many, but enough to make you look, had feed issues with hollow points with various aftermarket base plates. A couple on this forum and a bit more on another.
BTW, I also have the Pearce +1s and they have been perfect.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

When Para posted this almost ten years ago, I thought hell would sooner freeze over before I bought a "plastic gun."

So, yeah...

It could use a better trigger and maybe one of those fancy RMR things, but...she'll do.

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pcshooter:

It could use a better trigger and maybe one of those fancy RMR things, but...she'll do.

Stick a Glock minus (-) connector in it, and a G17 trigger. You'll be happier with the result.

Your group looks just fine, but you'll probably be happier with some after market sights (especially after the factory ones fail). Trijicon HD.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pcshooter:

When Para posted this almost ten years ago, I thought hell would sooner freeze over before I bought a "plastic gun."

So, yeah...

If the 19X was that color, I would have already bought one.
Still waiting for black.

I agree with sns3guppy a smooth faced G17 trigger is a must for that gun.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
My standard swaps are OEM (-), G17 smooth trigger, extended slide stop/release, grip plug, Talons, and Ameriglo Agent sights.

All for less than some of the aftermarket Gucci triggers. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
Whatever you do, don't handle the Gen5 Glock 34. Unless you have the money. Never thought I'd buy any Glock In the last 2 months I bought the Gen 5 G17, 34 and just recently the 19. The 34 is my favorite, hands down.

Yes the gen 5 G34 is awesome. I fondled one and had to have it. I think I overpaid a little but I don't care, I like it that much.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I have my G23, G19.5, and sooner rather than later, I will pick up the G34.5 MOS for a range toy.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hey, that's right. We're workin' on a decade of this thread. We don't seem to have the problem we used to, of new guys coming in here, thinking that the Glock would get no love in this place. I'd like to think that this thread has played a part in that. Big Grin

It's been fun.

Now, if you'll just look right here for a moment...

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now, if you'll just look right here for a moment...

Dangit. I've been HYP-NO-TIZED.

There's a Glock 42 in my safe now. With holsters, mags, and an assortment of hollow points on the way.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post