SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
If anyone sees a black 19X available, please post it here.
I'd like one but not until they offer it in black.
Yeah they aren't out yet.

I've come close to buying the Poopy Diaper colored 19X, but settle for some 19X mags in my G19.4s

Maybe when it comes out in black.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never cared for the looks or feel of Glocks. I doubt I'll ever own one.

Mostly 9mm and .45 ACP:
P226 Enhanced Elite
P938 SAS
P320 Compact w/subcompact grip
P225-A1 two-tone
Bunch of Dan Wessons
Assorted Berettas, CZs, etc.

Posts: 199 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
I’m going to add a 19x to the collection in the next month or so. Really love the commander sized concept.

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
greg,greg,greg

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg:

Well...the thing about 'doubt' is that it's not an absolute declaration. So there may be hope for you yet. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg:

You are going to really like the 19x when you finally get around to picking one up.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thinking about the 19 MOS.. I think 19 MOS uses the same recoil spring assembly as all other 19, so if I put on a relatively heavy sight, do I need to change to a lighter spring weight?

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not a real big Glock guy. However, I was playing with the Gen5 G17 the other day. That Glock has me changing my thoughts.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Whtwolf14
posted Hide Post
I sold my Gen 3 G19 to my nephew awhile back, and miss the crap out of that thing. I know I was wanting a P320 Compact...but, dang it...Gen 4 or 5 G19 sounds better. I miss carrying a Glock. Eek

Posts: 4281 | Location: Mountains....lots of Mountains.... | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took the 19x out – ran flawless, btw – with the medium beavertail backstrap. It felt fine but during live fire I noticed the gun shifting around a little in my hand.

Picked up a gen 4 backstrap kit and cut down the medium. Fills in the top of the grip but doesn’t make the lower hump stick out as far as a full med grip would. Long story short – the gun doesn’t shift anymore.

Posts: 51 | Registered: April 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I’m considering picking up a gen4 Glock 21. I keep trying to talk myself out of it.

Posts: 2337 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kiesler has good prices if you're eligible for Blue Label. I just ordered another G-19/Gen 4 for $400. Only Gen 3 was shown on their www site, but the sales rep found me a Gen 4.

https://www.kiesler.com/produc...=878&manu=937&page=4

First Responders, Military & FFL Sales Only
Kiesler's does not sell to or deal with the civilian market or individuals. Kiesler's only deals with, issues quotes to, and sells to federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, individual officers, reserve officers, affiliated government agencies, US military, individual military personnel, retired military with retired id, retired law enforcement, DHS/TSA employees, licensed security officers, affiliated training facilities, FFL dealers, firefighters, EMS, corrections, prosecutors, and district attorneys. Due to restrictions, Kiesler's does not quote or sell weapons, high capacity magazines, or ammunition to California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Maryland, New York City, or NY state.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
I’m considering picking up a gen4 Glock 21. I keep trying to talk myself out of it.

Have you considered a 41? Longer sight and barrel, and it's lighter. It's a sweet .45

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
The Glock fan club has orgasms all over their new releases ... which is why I just keep my Gen2 19 and new-ish to me Gen2 23 (fewer people have had orgasms on them)

Which reminds me ... if Glock is Perfection ... why do they have to keep improving them?

oooh! I should make that my tag-line!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the gen 4 is closer to perfection as we can get right now, Big Grin. I don't know why Glock doesn't just add a little longer beaver tail molded into the frame, instead of having to add the back straps. The back straps add to the grip size of the pistol,which I am not crazy about but am glad they finally addressed some issues with the beaver tail and people with big mitts.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
The Glock fan club has orgasms all over their new releases ... which is why I just keep my Gen2 19 and new-ish to me Gen2 23 (fewer people have had orgasms on them)

Which reminds me ... if Glock is Perfection ... why do they have to keep improving them?

oooh! I should make that my tag-line!

I like the 19X, probably buy one when they come out in black.
I don't care for the Gen 4 grip texture but I can sand that down a tad.

I'll always keep my 2 Gen 2 17s and my Gen 2 19 and 21.
As well as my Gen 2.5 26.

Nothing wrong with having the original, although I sold my Gen 1 G17.
Shooting that thing was like holding a wet bar of soap.

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I keep trying to talk myself out of it.

Why would you do something like that? Do the right thing.

Get the G21.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

Get the G21.

What he said. My G21 Gen4 is a great gun.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:

Have you considered a 41? Longer sight and barrel, and it's lighter. It's a sweet .45

I’ve never seen one, I want to be able to carry it into the woods when I go bow hunting. Would the extra length impact the ability to carry it?

Posts: 2337 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

Get the G21.

What he said. My G21 Gen4 is a great gun.

That does it, I’m telling my wife you guys gave me the ok. I’m sure she will be good with that.