SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Picked up a Gen 4 G26. Looked at the Gen 5. Wanted to like it but for me the hated finger grooves work on the 26. The Gen 5 didn’t seem secure without the grooves.

Same here on the g26. An additional benefit of the gen 5 coming out is the pricing & availability (at least locally) of nice, used gen 4 glocks has become significantly better.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BTW, Aim Surplus has some deals on LE Surplus Glocks right now.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm pretty much a full Glock convert.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I like the Gen 3's the best, have one Gen 4. Haven't figured out why I need a Gen 5.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Need? Will the Gen 5 Glock 34 that I put down a deposit on yesterday fill some need? Won't know until I get it. But I have to say, it sure felt good when I picked it up.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I held a Gen5 G19 - it felt nice but the Gen 4 G19 fits me just fine. May pick up one eventually but not rushing into it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Yeah, I'm pretty much a full Glock convert.

You and I both.
I’ll get a 43 and a 17 and I’ll have a version of all the 9mm.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Trade my P320 for a Gen5 19 with Ameriglo sights.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
I held a Gen5 G19 - it felt nice but the Gen 4 G19 fits me just fine. May pick up one eventually but not rushing into it.

After thinking about it a fair bit, I've decided I don't think I'm going to bother with a Gen 5, and for pretty much the same reason. I've owned every other generation of 9mm Glock now, and I've decided the Gen 4 does it best for me. Two important things it does better than any other generation: Protect the web of my hand, and protect my pinky while shooting. My gen 2 19's carry really well, but without a gripforce, they eat my hand, and with or without, both of them chew up my pinky on extended range sessions (I'm not putting Pearce baseplates on my magazines to fill that gap, either). The Gen 3 19 I had was better at not ripping up my pinky, but I still had to put a Gripforce on it because it ate me there instead. The Gen 4 with the medium beavertail backstrap handles that problem better than any generation for me now because Glock thought it was a good idea to bring back that stupid half moon on the Gen 5.

I'm getting off the train here. Gen 4 is good enough for me. Now to tackle the only two complaints I have about it:
Slide finish sucks and wants to rust.
I haven't gotten the trigger feeling like I want to yet.

Those are simple enough fixes.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have a few Glocks. GEN 3/4 and they are great but leave me a bit meh. The incredible support and quality of them keeps them in the collection and I have been embracing them more lately. All that being said I LOVE my Gen 5 Glock 19. Not sure why such small changes seem to have had a great effect for me personally but they do. I think the GEN 5 might be my Glock sweet spot.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Traded my Gen4 G34 in on the new Gen5 model tonight interesting enough the rear sight is drifted to the right as others indicated from the factory

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Here is a view of the rear sight

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I had the same problem with the gen 2s killing my pinky

But the gen 5 don’t do it. The flare of the magwell is such that I don’t get pinched. I am a big dude, with big meaty hands

The gen 5 has a better trigger, barrel, and should have better longevity (not having a trigger spring and all)

For me the difference between the 3s and 4s is substantial.

quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

After thinking about it a fair bit, I've decided I don't think I'm going to bother with a Gen 5, and for pretty much the same reason. I've owned every other generation of 9mm Glock now, and I've decided the Gen 4 does it best for me. Two important things it does better than any other generation: Protect the web of my hand, and protect my pinky while shooting. My gen 2 19's carry really well, but without a gripforce, they eat my hand, and with or without, both of them chew up my pinky on extended range sessions (I'm not putting Pearce baseplates on my magazines to fill that gap, either). The Gen 3 19 I had was better at not ripping up my pinky, but I still had to put a Gripforce on it because it ate me there instead. The Gen 4 with the medium beavertail backstrap handles that problem better than any generation for me now because Glock thought it was a good idea to bring back that stupid half moon on the Gen 5.

I'm getting off the train here. Gen 4 is good enough for me. Now to tackle the only two complaints I have about it:
Slide finish sucks and wants to rust.
I haven't gotten the trigger feeling like I want to yet.

Those are simple enough fixes.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
I like the Gen 3's the best, have one Gen 4. Haven't figured out why I need a Gen 5.

I'm thinking the same thing.
I don't feel any difference in the 4 or 5 triggers. They are still heavier than I can get a Gen 3 to. I also hunt for the mag release on 4s & 5s. (that's just muscle memory but I ain't fixing what ain't broke. I carry a gen 3)
I want to cull my Gen4s but the 41 stays just because there isn't a G3 version of it and the G26-4 the wife wants.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Me do likey the Gen5 full size frame (G17/G34, G19X). Compact frame is okay in a 'meh' kinda way. Still feels compromised for some reason, even without the hated finger grooves. G26G5...nothin' to gloat about. Most of my Glocks are Gen4, and wear a grip sleeve so finger grooves are mitigated. Added girth have not been bothersome even with my baby hands. They feel fine so configured, without sparking any urge to reach for a soldering iron or Dremel. Back to Gen5: the lower backstrap palm swell on the full height Gen5 frames feel exceptionally fantasticka for me and my small hands, more than on previous generations; to me the G19X and G17G5 are spot-on great. Gen2 and Gen3 just feel too slippery and well-worn, thanks to the initial introduction of RTF2.

Factory triggers: to me Gen3s generally are the best but like all strikers it can vary from gun to gun. Cleanest, sharpest break though that's not saying much compared to the wider market. Lighter light-off than the Gen2s that I own. Conversely Gen4s are all about "the mushy"; I'm used to it but I know all too well the condition when certain customers gripe about the spongy trigger action of the Gen4s. It's a service pistol, not some wannabe precision target gun. Gen5 triggers try to return to where the Gen3 was. Close, yet no cigar but better than the customary soggy oatmeal Gen4 trigger.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a new G19 this week . When I went to the range with it to practice . My pinky ends up in the cut out on hurts my finger. Not sure how to get around this. Maybe sand the edge so it is not sharp.
If that doesn't work I will let our daughter try it.

Posts: 403 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsjac:
I bought a new G19 this week . When I went to the range with it to practice . My pinky ends up in the cut out on hurts my finger. Not sure how to get around this. Maybe sand the edge so it is not sharp.
If that doesn't work I will let our daughter try it.

Pearce PG-FML baseplates. Fills the cutout in the Gen 1/2/5 grip.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
<SNIP>
GLOCK simple works..

Glock is like a hammer; intended to be used, not a show piece.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Glock 31C (357 SIG) that I'm occasionally tempted to sell and get something like a SIG 226 or HK VP9. Then I think about the 6 magazines (4 15 round 357 Sig and 2 17 round 9mm) that I have, and the 3 barrels (357 Sig compensated, 40 S&W plain, and 9mm threaded) and the Trijicon HD night sights, and that it function perfectly in all configurations, and that I've got 3 holsters, and that I already have 5 other handguns to use.

Posts: 129 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: March 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by claus:
I have Glock 31C (357 SIG) that I'm occasionally tempted to sell and get something like a SIG 226 or HK VP9. Then I think about the 6 magazines (4 15 round 357 Sig and 2 17 round 9mm) that I have, and the 3 barrels (357 Sig compensated, 40 S&W plain, and 9mm threaded) and the Trijicon HD night sights, and that it function perfectly in all configurations, and that I've got 3 holsters, and that I already have 5 other handguns to use.

Variety is the spice of life!
I'll be generous and give you $300 no, $375 for all of it ... so then you can put a good down payment on that HK ...
... and it can be the center of your collection ...
... you won't need a holster and all that other stuff because as we all know, HK is for snobs I mean SHOW!
Yeah ... that's it, as we all know, HK is for show!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post