SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So has Glock changed over to the GEN 5 coating across the board or do the Gen4s still have the same exterior finish as they have always had?

Seems like it would be more cost effective to just use one or the other.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ridgeway:
New 17M

Nice. I have a 19M on order.

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here comes the Glock 19X....

http://g41.glock.us

I'm really liking it. Even the baby poop color. Time to buy another Glock Big Grin

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark71:
Here comes the Glock 19X....

http://g41.glock.us

I'm really liking it. Even the baby poop color. Time to buy another Glock Big Grin

It reads as though the X may have been a submission for the MHS contract (?). Alas, I sent Glock enough money in 2017. Wink

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Coldbore
posted Hide Post
Guilty. Just picked up two G19 gen 5's Eek

Posts: 1124 | Location: Pac NW | Registered: September 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Took my new G17 Gen5 to the range yesterday and it is every bit as awesome and satisfying as the G19.5 I bought a few months ago. The only thing I changed was the front sight to an Ameriglo Pro-Glo Tritium / Luminescent Green Square front sight just like the one on my G19.5. Great trigger (measures about 5lbs. on the scale), fits my hand perfectly with just the molded grip and no backstrap attached, and functioned smooth as silk with no BTF issues or poor ejection. They seem not to be too picky about what they shoot well either. Even inexpensive target ammo in all three common weights shoot impressively well. The more I shoot the Gen5s, the more they become my favorite striker pistols.

I still really like and appreciate the M&P 2.0 and the PPQ for what they are, but two things that set the Gen5s apart are that I prefer the trigger shape and break of the Glocks over the M2.0 due to the tendency of the M2.0 trigger to push my shots slightly left unless I'm really careful, and the Glocks recoil noticeably enough less than the PPQ to make follow up shots and sight alignment slightly faster with the Glocks.

The P320 is a different story. These are just my humble observations so if it works for you without concern or issues, great, but I tried another one the shop/range had that the counter guy made a point of mentioning was a post recall "new trigger" on a full size 9mm and the creepy take-up and the break on it were just vague and weird to me. The modularity isn't much of a draw for me either. That makes number four I've tried, so it seems the P320 and I were not meant to be companions. Some people might think me weird in return for actually preferring the looks of the Glock over the P320 though. So be it. Razz

I'm looking forward to seeing the G26.5 and G34.5 in person to see how those feel.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, now that we're up to generation 5, what's to become of the gen 3 line? Has Glock given any indication?

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
Gen 3 will be around for a long time, it's the one that California sells, and I think it's the only Generation they do sell..

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I can't wait 'til we get to gen 7 Glocks.

They'll have porcelain frames. Gonna be pricey- more than you make in a month.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
My agency is going to be getting some Gen 5 G17s shortly.

Kinda surprising, considering we didn't start phasing in Gen 4s until ~2012 or so, several years after they were available.

Our lefties are surely happy.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Freida, my G23 Gen 4 Christmas present to myself FTE about round 80 today of 125. Time for TLC. So enamored of her (she shot better, less snappy than my P320 in 40), the thought of checking the display case for Gen 5s, or 19Xs never crossed my mind...

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I can't wait 'til we get to gen 7 Glocks.

They'll have porcelain frames. Gonna be pricey- more than you make in a month.

They'll need porcelain frames to account for migrating from projectile ballistics to the phaser 1 (i.e., "set on stun") and phaser 2 (complete evaporation, no body left to hide/bury).

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para, there was another recent thread where you gave a shout-out to me. I DID email you directly with a little catch-up, but perhaps it got caught in your spam.

Now, to contribute to THIS thread, LOL...I saw my first USED Gen 5 today, a 17 at $499. If my toy-fund weren't so low, LOL....

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I love the Gen 5s

I’ve carried a gen 5 19 for a while now

I have another 19, 3 17s, a 19X and 34 MOS

Once I can get my hands on a gen 5 26 I’ll buy it too

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never thought I would. But I picked up a Gen 5 Glock 17 with Ameriglo sight today. I like it.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shot it for the first time today. I'm sold. I'll be buying more. But only Gen 5s.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
new G5 already milled for RMR. now my preferred.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Picked up a Gen 4 G26. Looked at the Gen 5. Wanted to like it but for me the hated finger grooves work on the 26. The Gen 5 didn’t seem secure without the grooves.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Picked up a Gen 4 G26. Looked at the Gen 5. Wanted to like it but for me the hated finger grooves work on the 26. The Gen 5 didn’t seem secure without the grooves.

I fully agree. I actually miss them on the 26. On the 19/17 I really don’t care either way.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob RI:
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:

I fully agree. I actually miss them on the 26. On the 19/17 I really don’t care either way.

I had wanted to see a Gen-5, 26 since it does not have the finger grooves.
The grooves tend to cram my middle finger into the lack of space behind the trigger guard on my Gen3, 26, especially noticeable during firing.
My thought was it would be similar to my Gen-2, 19.
Got to handle a Gen-5, 26 at the show last weekend and it still lacks the space behind the trigger guard but additionally did not feel as secure to hold.
Finally decided to add clearance to my existing 26 when I got home rather then blow $559 +tax (lowest price at show) on a similar pistol.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post