SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 448 449 450 451

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
As I said, I did a search.

Posts: 4255 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I realize this thread has been active for 8 years and has 450 pages (wow!) but this is a SiG forum ... do you think it's really the best place to ask this question about production?

Good grief. Someone hasn't read many of those 450 pages. Roll Eyes

Andronicus, I'll have to do some digging if someone doesn't beat me to it, but it's looking like the Gen 5 is going to be a compact and full-frame show for a little bit. Can't remember where I saw it (may have even been this thread), but it's looking like there won't be a G26 or G34 for a while.

It was my first question when they were announced, also. I want a gen 5 34, it ticks all the boxes for me on paper.

Posts: 8188 | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I hear Gen-6 is going to have a hammer, manual safety, and actually good sights.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 15320 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Just for the record the GEN5 has good sights. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 3006 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just put a G32 gen 4 on layaway today.

You will buy a glock. And another. And another.

It's good to have spares.

Posts: 1501 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
I hear Gen-6 is going to have a hammer, manual safety, and actually good sights.

Great Karma! I'm in! Wink

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

Posts: 7214 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Originally posted by 5632:
glock was the first 9mm I ever had. I could never hit anything I aimed at. I got rid of it and now have Sig and Beretta and will never touch a glock again.

Glock 9mm was the first combat auto I ever had. I shot low and left of anything I aimed at. Over time I learned my grip and trigger finger and lack of range time were the problem and now I shoot dead center.
I no longer blame the gun.

This was my experience as well. Once I corrected my poor shooting technique, the Glock turned out to be very accurate.

Posts: 885 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Handled the Gen. 5s at the range Friday (but not available yet for range rental use..). Sweet! But; I'm thinking something like the 36 in .40 would scratch my itch.

Posts: 579 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
I didn't have any luck with my search so I'll ask it here. Is there any chance of a Gen 5 Glock 34? It would be for competition and cheaper than the 320 X5 I'm also considering.

As far as I know, only the 17 and 19 exist as Gen 5 at this time.

Posts: 254 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
The Gen 5's I have, the 19.5 and 17.5 were ordered with Amerglo night sights, all steel and they are right on out of the box...GREAT GUNS, NUFF SAID..

NRA, SASS, NCOWS

Posts: 179 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TENWOLVES:
The Gen 5's I have, the 19.5 and 17.5 were ordered with Amerglo night sights, all steel and they are right on out of the box...GREAT GUNS, NUFF SAID..

My 19.5 also came with Ameriglos. I thought the rear was off a tad (need to be drifted a tiny bit left), but it shoots fine so I left it as is.

RB

Posts: 6209 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
Here's some fresh pictures of my G17 with the 6MOA Type 2, and it's (mostly) twin brother G19. The G19 is stock internally, to meet department standards for CCW guns, no magwell, no RMR as well.

Here's my other G17

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2548 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roustabout:
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Originally posted by 5632:
glock was the first 9mm I ever had. I could never hit anything I aimed at. I got rid of it and now have Sig and Beretta and will never touch a glock again.

Glock 9mm was the first combat auto I ever had. I shot low and left of anything I aimed at. Over time I learned my grip and trigger finger and lack of range time were the problem and now I shoot dead center.
I no longer blame the gun.

This was my experience as well. Once I corrected my poor shooting technique, the Glock turned out to be very accurate.
True form every quality handgun, I think. Smile

Posts: 36434 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a Gen 4 G34. Gonna give it a run this Thursday.

-----------------------------------------------------------
9mm
.38 special
7.62x39

Posts: 5268 | Location: BPensacola, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread started the same day I joined the forum. Never posted in this thread before, as I’m not going to post just to say “nope, not me”. I had zero interest in Glock. I have one token Sig, a P229. I like it, but it’s pretty much a safe queen. Admittedly, I’m a H&K fanboy. My wife has been going to the range with me lately and always wants the P30sk. So today I bought her one for Christmas. It was right next to the Gen 5 Glock 19. I asked to hold it. The experience confirmed my belief. Did not like how it felt in my hand. Out of curiosity, and I don’t know why, I asked to hold the Gen 4. Never held one before. Wow, I think they used a model of my hand when designing it. Long story short, I own a Glock.

rdbtwnthlns

Posts: 459 | Location: PA | Registered: March 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post