SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I was looking at a 17 Gen 5 today...I almost bought it but...not quite there yet.

The store had reduced prices on the 17 Gen 4s...

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^

I bought the G17 Gen5. Experience with my 19 G5 sold me.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
The store had reduced prices on the 17 Gen 4s...

I've noticed that for base Gen4 G19s and G17s that most distributors have lowered pricing to what the base Gen3 versions used to wholesale for. MAP lowers accordingly as well.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Long time Glock naysayer here.

Owned a G27 in the mid-90s. Not the best Glock to start with, but I didn't hate it either. Eventually sold it for something else and wasn't much interested in anything else. The AWB at the time probably had something to do with it, as I stuck with 45 ACP pistols for a long time.

Fastfoward until 2 years ago. Loved HKs, still do. But the ubiquitous G19 called my name and I gave one a try. Then I started carrying it. Then I bought some more of them. Then I traded for a G42.

Glocks and J-frames are what it is for me. Still have some HKs and one old school SIG P220, but they don't see much use anymore.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys aren't helping Big Grin Big Grin

My dealer thinks Gen5 sales are slow for a couple reasons 1) Gen 4s are less expensive 2) not enough changes in the Gen 5 to warrant the extra money.

Plus, I really like that Sig P210 American and I could use the Glock $$ towards the that.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

I own three Glocks now, all are Gen 3 guns, a 26, 19 and 23. I really like them all, and use the 26 as the gun I carry when I ride my Harley. With the +2 base plate, I have it set up to hold 11 + 1, and always carry an extra mag. A great little gun and very accurate for a short barrel.

With the 19, I consider it to be an all-around great carry gun. I was frequently carrying it, or my 23, as my off-duty weapons. I always scored very, very well in quals with all three weapons.

The 19 was functionally perfect, even with a TLR-1 light attached. The 23, however, was NOT reliable with the same light attached. It would cough up the famous FTF on the 5th or 6th round when the TLR was attached. Glock said it was magazine springs or limping it or any other number of hoodoo voodoo issues. But it was NEVER fixed. I believe it was because of the frame flex issue, that really cannot be fixed on the 40 caliber. So I only use the 23 without a light, and it is perfect when run that way.

Now, into the current time...I recently bought a new S&W M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm. By far, the nicest Glock 19 size gun I've ever handled. The grip, for me, with the smallest backstrap installed, is an absolute perfect fit. with the same 15 + 1 as the 19, it is a perfect carry gun. My first time, out of the box qualification was fantastic. It is now all I'm carrying for off duty. I'll be adding the Surefire XC1-B, and I'll likely not carry the 19 or 23 again. With the Federal 9MM HST loads we carry, I feel perfectly secure with that level of performance.

So for me, other than my Harley rides, my Glocks will probably not see much use...

Take care,

JJ

Hot and Sunny SoCal, T-shirt and shorts 85% of the year!

Posts: 274 | Registered: July 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjgi5150:
Hi all,

I own three Glocks now, all are Gen 3 guns, a 26, 19 and 23. I really like them all, and use the 26 as the gun I carry when I ride my Harley. With the +2 base plate, I have it set up to hold 11 + 1, and always carry an extra mag. A great little gun and very accurate for a short barrel.

With the 19, I consider it to be an all-around great carry gun. I was frequently carrying it, or my 23, as my off-duty weapons. I always scored very, very well in quals with all three weapons.

The 19 was functionally perfect, even with a TLR-1 light attached. The 23, however, was NOT reliable with the same light attached. It would cough up the famous FTF on the 5th or 6th round when the TLR was attached. Glock said it was magazine springs or limping it or any other number of hoodoo voodoo issues. But it was NEVER fixed. I believe it was because of the frame flex issue, that really cannot be fixed on the 40 caliber. So I only use the 23 without a light, and it is perfect when run that way.

Now, into the current time...I recently bought a new S&W M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm. By far, the nicest Glock 19 size gun I've ever handled. The grip, for me, with the smallest backstrap installed, is an absolute perfect fit. with the same 15 + 1 as the 19, it is a perfect carry gun. My first time, out of the box qualification was fantastic. It is now all I'm carrying for off duty. I'll be adding the Surefire XC1-B, and I'll likely not carry the 19 or 23 again. With the Federal 9MM HST loads we carry, I feel perfectly secure with that level of performance.

So for me, other than my Harley rides, my Glocks will probably not see much use...

Take care,

JJ

But you bought a Glock(s), hence the thread title. Razz

I'm excited to hear of your love for your upgraded S&W Sigma Glock copy.. Eek

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
It finally happened. Yesterday, I caved. I bought a Glock.

I’m now a Glock owner.

https://s2.postimg.org/jd3e2gc...-50_F5_E19_DD548.jpg

Glock 29 Gen4 from Buds. I needed 10mm Auto in my life.

I've got a shipment from Underwood Ammo coming in today as well.

Thats one helluva first Glock!

Im gonna head out the the local store on friday to pick up a case of ammo they have for their black friday deal.

Last time I was there, they had a gen 3 G29 in the counter, If its still there when I go, I might just buy it.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
I just ordered my 2nd Glock (Glock 19M). God knows when it will arrive...Hoping early 2018.

It will be my second purchased Glock. Have had a Glock 21 since April of 2006.

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

Well, they ARE everywhere. Hard not to bump into (and even buy) one at some point. The silly things do have this tendency to tempt even a hardened soul, those who swear they can't stand 'em.

I had a customer yesterday who right up front proclaimed that he hates Glocks. I didn't ask why; I've heard it way too many times and frankly stopped caring. I ultimately steered him to a 2.0 Compact and had him lusting it. Then he just had to ask me, "So what do you carry?" And with a sigh I told him, and gave the reasons why. No showing emotions, just simple, boring logic. Well, my logic is boring at least. He thought about it, walked around a bit, then thought some more.

Then he bought a Gen5 G19. Sometimes that simple, boring, reliable, dull, logic trumps a sexy

It took me years to come to the same conclusion still haven't gone for anything Gen 5, though). I actually had a Glock and didn't care for it much. When I finally came to seeing it for exactly what I wanted, I realized that it checked all the boxes for my needs.

I've gone through several different Glocks for personal carry, but presently have a G43 much of the time, and like the G32 in the waistband, and sometimes a G33 for ankle carry depending on the occasion.

Most of my Glocks are Gen 3, a few Gen 4's. I've found that when able, I prefer a full grip and a longer barrel, so the G31 goes with me a lot, especially in the car. I don't conceal it much, but for open carry occasions, I prefer the capacity and grip. The G17 is really hard to beat for reliability, size, comfort, ease, capacity, etc.

One of the things I like the most about the Glock is simplicity. And weight. Even the G21 with a light that sits near the bed is light, and transition from one Glock to another, whether size frame or cartridge caliber, is simple, uniform, consistent.

I didn't like them and yet I will buy another. Probably eventually a Gen 5. Ironically, when my boy came back from his first deployment, I gave him a Beretta 92FS, and turned out, he wanted a Glock.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been thinking about my recent return to Glock and I wonder if it was just where I was as a shooter that made me not like it. At the time my experience was 1911s, Sig 226s and a Mil beretta. I think the comparatively mushy trigger and grip angle were what initially steered me away.

Since then I have thousands of rounds through an M&P and more experience with just about any popular autopistol I can think of. I think now they feel less alien to me. The stock trigger feels good and no longer mushy (Ive been shooting a lot of stock m&p though) and I’ve adapted the grip the way I like. I’m a bit more comfortable with the grip angle but I chopped my medium beavertail down halfway and it comes up perfectly on target now.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Just bought my second Glock today, a G19 Generation 5, came with 3 15rnd mags, standard sights. Black Friday is good, store has $599.99 tag on them, 10% off made it $540.

Bought my first Glock a G23 Generation 3, it came with two 10rnd mags (thanks to AWB then in effect), and night sights for $600 in 2003.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
Don't have one...never will buy one!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45_Auto:
Don't have one...never will buy one!

Thank you for your utmost valuable contribution to the thread.
If you took the time to read through ANY of it, you'd see many that stated your same words, but yet now have bought a (or even multiple) Glock(s).

I'd say a Glock 21, in your choice of generation, would be a good start for you.
Go on now............... Razz

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still looking for my first glock. I know it will be a 19 but trying to find one locally at a good price.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are the prices like? You may be able to get a deal in the current season or the shop may throw in some stuff which mine used to do. If you are LE/Mil they have a nice pricing structure.

If not you could probably build a 19 out of parts. It would give you a great understanding of the platform and while it may not be cheaper you could build it piece meal over a bit of time. You could also buy used if you wanted to go that route. Probably save you over $100

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Played with a Gen 5 G19 at Cabela’s on Thanksgiving. Shouldn’t have done that. Last thing I need is another damn Glock much less another damn G19. I just need to stay out of the fucking gun stores and away from the IPad. Fuck it I need to just live in isolation on top of a damn mountain.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LtsAv8
posted Hide Post
Well, after many years of being a loyal Sig guy, and having an HK, all in DA/SA with a decocker, I decided to go and try a striker fired pistol.

My P320 Carry is a wonderful gun, but I was intrigued by the Gen 5 Glock, so I went and held one. A 17 with Ameriglo night sights. Felt great in my hand and more agile than my P320, so it came home with me.

I've read so much that the grip angle is wrong or other issues, but the bottom line is go with what works for you. And for me, this is my carry pistol. Still have my P320, my P220 Carry, my SP2022, and my P2000SK, all for now, it may be time to thin the heard.

P220R3, SP2022 (9MM), P2000SK (9MM), P320 Carry (9MM), G17 Gen 5, G19 Gen 5

Posts: 148 | Location: The Metoplex, TX | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought a new Glock 20sf Gen3 for deer hunting and wild boar hunting. Like the grip it fits my hand perfect. I had A Sig P220 elite Stainless SAO 10mm , Beautiful gun to nice to take into the woods. The Glock will never win any beauty contest. But its reputation for durabilty and relaiblity sold me.

Posts: 203 | Location: missouri | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
ZDOG16,Living on top of a mountain doesn't work either, because that's where I live, but the new Gen 5's brought me to town , and now I have two new Gen 5's, so mountains do not work, you might try another country and see if that works, but I doubt it will...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post