SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 444 445 446 447 448 449 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JMag:
These days with so many good options in striker poly pistols you MAY own a Glock. I'm down to just one, my gen 3 G26, which is a favorite.

I've cycled in and out of Glock so many times, I've spent a fortune on the same models over and over. I'll never be without a Glock 19 again, even if I'm not currently shooting Glock.

Pretty happy with my current
G19 ODG with FO Sights
G19 with Glock NS
G43 with Glock NS
G42 with Glock NS

Posts: 2512 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I'm happy with my current Glock stable, but when the gen 5 G34's come out I may pick one up.

Posts: 3506 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Likely never. The Gen 5 frame is not as strong as the Gen4 (2 pin vs 3 pin.) I think .40 needs the three pin frame.

quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Okay; when are the Gen. 5 23s coming out? I feel the need for yet one more Glock.

Posts: 17330 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. It does seem the 17 and 19s get a lot of attention to changes recently (must be connected to sales volume...).

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Likely never. The Gen 5 frame is not as strong as the Gen4 (2 pin vs 3 pin.) I think .40 needs the three pin frame.

quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Okay; when are the Gen. 5 23s coming out? I feel the need for yet one more Glock.

Posts: 574 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I joined the forum ten years ago because I picked up a P226 Stainless Elite and wanted to learn a little more about Sig pistols. It was my first handgun.
I now own two Sigs and six Glocks amongst the 25 or so handguns I've purchased the last ten years.
My "go to" is and will always be a Glock.

Posts: 1592 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
Picture of soggy_spinout
posted Hide Post
I keep playing with the Gen5 guns at work. That thing about being perpetually broke as a result of being employed at a gun shop is working its dreaded mojo once again.

Up until the Gen5 I've always preferred the feel of the compact frame over the full-size, even with the somewhat similar Gen2 guns. But something about the Gen5s has me liking the G17 over the G19 this time around. I can't precisely explain it, but the full-size just feels right compared to the smaller G19.

Oh and then we just got a couple of the CZ 75 SP-01 Phantoms in, but that's a tale for another thread...oh how my paycheck could take a another beating!

Posts: 7636 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
I just popped in to take a deep breath......
Ahhhhhhhhhh!

Ok, back to your ‭Glockiness.

0:01

Posts: 2856 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Local store quoted me five fundred plus tax for the G17 Rtf2 with the curved serrations once it becomes available. I may very well have to do that.

Posts: 8148 | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
I keep playing with the Gen5 guns at work. That thing about being perpetually broke as a result of being employed at a gun shop is working its dreaded mojo once again.

Up until the Gen5 I've always preferred the feel of the compact frame over the full-size, even with the somewhat similar Gen2 guns. But something about the Gen5s has me liking the G17 over the G19 this time around. I can't precisely explain it, but the full-size just feels right compared to the smaller G19.

Oh and then we just got a couple of the CZ 75 SP-01 Phantoms in, but that's a tale for another thread...oh how my paycheck could take a another beating!

I had wanted one of the Phantoms , but they were discontinued, and I purchased the P 09, then the Phantoms were reintroduced.

Wanting to see one of the G5/17's you speak of. Have seen the Gen5/19.

Whats a poor boy gonna do these days?

美しい犬

Posts: 4490 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2543 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
Picture of soggy_spinout
posted Hide Post
Lookin' pretty good there, SVTNate.

Posts: 7636 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nipper
posted Hide Post
quote:
......Up until the Gen5 I've always preferred the feel of the compact frame over the full-size, even with the somewhat similar Gen2 guns. But something about the Gen5s has me liking the G17 over the G19 this time around. I can't precisely explain it, but the full-size just feels right compared to the smaller G19......

Likewise I prefer the grip fit/feel of my Gen4 G19 to my Gen4 G34.

I don't have a Gen5. However, after buying/shooting both Gen4 pistols, I noticed a distinct difference between the two grips. Part is the positioning of the finger grooves and part is the shape of the back strap.I was surprised, since these were my first two Glocks and I had assumed the G19 grip was just a shorter G34/17 grip...wrong.

I suspect the lack of grooves on the Gen5 G17 allows a slightly different grip, depending on hand and grip style. Also the contour of the back strap. Regardless, if it works it works.

Posts: 3961 | Location: Northeast | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lookin' pretty good there, SVTNate.

Seriously. When I look at the grip I think "Gen 1 perfected." I quite like the overall product.

I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
Picture of KMitch200
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've had this battle with myself over several Glocks in different calibers. The full size frames just didn't have that "feel".
And now you say the full size gen5 feels right. Gee thanks, my bank account really needed to hear that. Wink

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 2256 | Location: AZ - West side of the valley | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nsagnell
posted Hide Post
Like Swage, I remember when this thread started. I laughed. And I scoffed the idea I'd ever own those ugly plastic guns.

Love my G19 and G34. They're my car gun and EDC. Poor W. German P226 is relegated to nightstand duty these days...

HK's, SW's, and 1911s have come and gone, only the Sigs (my first gun was a Sig p6) and the Glocks have found permanent homes.

--------------------------------
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

Posts: 1770 | Location: Miami | Registered: June 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 80119 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Gen 1 17 I own feels like the absolute perfectly sized handgun, even though I carry a Gen 4 19 every day. A 17 with no finger grooves feels great in the hand. I think I need to handle a Gen 5 before I try to commit to buying one of those Gen 3 RTF2 reissues in a 17.

In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I've now gone completely gen 5....couple of 17s and several 19s

I really hope the 34 and 26 get gen 5 releases

Posts: 6550 | Location: Bristow, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Shot my G19.5 again today. Only 150 rounds though. I REALLY like this gun. It is joy to shoot.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 8946 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enjoy Computer Living
Picture of LoungeChair
posted Hide Post
You're right. I did it again today.

-Loungechair

Posts: 567 | Registered: October 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post