SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Glock got me again a week ago. I have lusted after a 17L for years and finally got one.
I had a chance at one about 3 years ago when I lived in that state up North but didn't get it.
Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago and I was having WC sights put on my Brigadier at Allegheny Gun Works and I spotted a 17L. Had to have it. They also put on a set of Dawson sights and it's everything I wanted.
Damn you Gaston. Big Grin

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 43 this week. Had to try one out. Ordered Vickers Tactical slide stop and mag release and their +2 base plates.

I really like this gun but I am dumbfounded as to why it has an extension that doesn't add a round. Dumbest thing I have seen in awhile.

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I finally moved my PM9 out of carry duty and replaced it with a G26. Not the first Glock I have owned, but it is the first I have carried.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
#17, a gen. 2 Glock 22 I bought just before lunch today.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Colby Bruce,

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I finally moved my PM9 out of carry duty and replaced it with a G26. Not the first Glock I have owned, but it is the first I have carried.
I'd be interested in your take on the carry differences between the two and general observations as I have a PM9 and have been mulling over a G26 for a couple years now.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Well, I ordered a G42 today...all this "Gen 5" stuff must have given me Glock on da brain...

I shot my friend's wife's once and I was impressed. Should be a sweet shooter.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Glock 43 this week. Had to try one out. Ordered Vickers Tactical slide stop and mag release and their +2 base plates.

I really like this gun but I am dumbfounded as to why it has an extension that doesn't add a round. Dumbest thing I have seen in awhile.

It keeps the mag more OEM as to capacity and standard spring. There have been issues with +1 add-ons along with the OEM spring. The OEM and aftermarket finger extensions don't mess with the spring tension, and in my view detract very little to the concealment aspect of the gun. I personally won't carry the G43 with an extended capacity mag.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrToad:
quote:
I'd be interested in your take on the carry differences between the two and general observations as I have a PM9 and have been mulling over a G26 for a couple years now.

G26 is the best Glock. And you can turn it into a 17 or 33rd gun.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Well, I ordered a G42 today...all this "Gen 5" stuff must have given me Glock on da brain...

I shot my friend's wife's once and I was impressed. Should be a sweet shooter.

They are sweet shooters, I love mine. We have a string on the forum regarding the ETS higher capacity magazines. One or two of those (even the 7 rounders) will add value to your kit.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...860090524#4860090524

Posts: 3214 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:

The biggest problem I have is that I'm so thin. It is difficult for me to conceal something without it being too obvious. Due to work I'm mostly in jeans and untucked shirts. That fashion sense carries over to when I'm not in work wear. I tend to carry OWB at 2:30/3:00.

The G26 is a little thicker. For the time being I carry it in a DeSantis holster which rides a little higher than what I had for the PM9. It also gives me a bit more space to move it back and forth to get a better fit into my body. When it's all said and done, I don't think it's any more obvious than the Kahr was. Perhaps its because it's tighter to by body, but I don't seem to notice the weight difference either.

I carried 2 spare magazines for the PM9, and both of them would spit out a round over the course of the day. I only carry 1 magazine with the G26, and everything is good.

I need to get the PM9 off to a smith. The magazine was also starting to fall out on its own. I understand that was a problem with guns that were using a plastic release and that metal versions are available.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You miss my point. Glock should have produced the 43 with an actual useable extension and the appropriate spring. They did it to save money, one spring for both mags most likely. That is cheap and stupid. Who wants a bigger mag with wasted space when a simple +10% spring would accomplish both? Lazy solution or non solution in this case.

I got some Pearce +1's for $1.99 so I will try them out. If there are any problems I'm sure Wolff sells a stronger spring to solve it.

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Gen 4 G19 mags at a great price ($17.99) with low shipping charges:

https://grabagun.com/magazine-glock-19-9mm-15rd.html

These appear to be the OEM retail package version based on the part number and reviews too.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The biggest problem I have is that I'm so thin. It is difficult for me to conceal something without it being too obvious. Due to work I'm mostly in jeans and untucked shirts. That fashion sense carries over to when I'm not in work wear. I tend to carry OWB at 2:30/3:00.

The G26 is a little thicker. For the time being I carry it in a DeSantis holster which rides a little higher than what I had for the PM9. It also gives me a bit more space to move it back and forth to get a better fit into my body. When it's all said and done, I don't think it's any more obvious than the Kahr was. Perhaps its because it's tighter to by body, but I don't seem to notice the weight difference either.

I carried 2 spare magazines for the PM9, and both of them would spit out a round over the course of the day. I only carry 1 magazine with the G26, and everything is good.

I need to get the PM9 off to a smith. The magazine was also starting to fall out on its own. I understand that was a problem with guns that were using a plastic release and that metal versions are available.

Try this:
Glock 26/27/33 Standard Ventcore Holster

https://stealthgearusa.com/hol...andard.html?___SID=U

Metal spring clip option. This holster used to be called the "Onyx". The backing is a mesh unlike anything on the market, it breathes and allows air to pass through. In heat or humidity, it's the best holster on the market. It also wears so that the pistol is very close to the body. The mesh backing is immensely comfortable. This holster ousted my Milt Sparks VM2 for spring/summer/fall use. I only default back to leather in the winter. That stealthgear holster is like a VMII in that it distributes the weight of the pistol between the two metal clips. The 26 is light as is, so this holster makes it lighter on the belt. I have this Stealthgear holster for my 43, 26, and 19. Reviews on youtube may be under "Onyx" holster. Give it a shot. I'm lean as well. I use it at 3:30 - 4:00.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
You miss my point. Glock should have produced the 43 with an actual useable extension and the appropriate spring. They did it to save money, one spring for both mags most likely. That is cheap and stupid. Who wants a bigger mag with wasted space when a simple +10% spring would accomplish both? Lazy solution or non solution in this case.

I got some Pearce +1's for $1.99 so I will try them out. If there are any problems I'm sure Wolff sells a stronger spring to solve it.

The Pearce +1 baseplates work well, and add no more length of bulk than the +0. I've used them on six magazines in rotation for several thousand rounds, with no difficulty or malfunctions.

I had been carrying the G43 in a pocket holster with flish baseplates, but I found my shooting at the range consistently was better with a full grip.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Second G43 last month....the old "two is one" scenario. Plus the G5 19 is due in at my FFL tomorrow. When will this ever end? Smile

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
Nice.....
If you get bored with it, buy a G32 barrel for it and run some 357sig ammo thru it.
357sig is a lot of fun to shoot.
You can use your 40cal G23 mags.

Glock 32 barrel

You can also find them sometimes on eBay...

I run a G31 barrel in my G22 quite often... Big Grin

Agreed! I'd swapped my normal edc G32 for my G19 about a year ago.....cheaper ammo & all that. A couple days ago I dusted off the 32 & went shooting with it, God I'd forgotten how much fun the .357 Sig round is to shoot. Fast, flat, accurate as hell, and the Glock handles it well imho. Needless to say the 32 is back in the rotation. I go back & forth on the .357 Sig because of cost (I know, I know.....start reloading), but it is just a fantastic round.

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a schwanky new Gen5 17 after selling off my unloved, finger-grooved Gen4 17. I'm thinking that the Gen5 is as nearly perfect a Glock for me as it's ever going to get. FINALLY (again) No finger grooves!!!, Gen4 Beavertail backstrap, Gen4 grip texture, nDLC scratch-resistant finish, flared opening magwell, rounded nose slide...what's not to love?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Then again, I'm a complete stranger. What the hell does it matter what I think? (TM)

Posts: 191 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by APismoClam:
Just picked up a schwanky new Gen5 17 after selling off my unloved, finger-grooved Gen4 17. I'm thinking that the Gen5 is as nearly perfect a Glock for me as it's ever going to get. FINALLY (again) No finger grooves!!!, Gen4 Beavertail backstrap, Gen4 grip texture, nDLC scratch-resistant finish, flared opening magwell, rounded nose slide...what's not to love?

If I can find a Gen 5 G19 to handle, I'm probably going to have to buy it..
Maybe then a G5 G17 as well.

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Picked up my G42 yesterday. Excellent feeling pistol, I love the size. It's just on the border of being pockatable for me. No way I could pocket carry a G43. Hopefully I'll get a chance to shoot her on Tuesday.

A few pics next to my Colt XSP.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I'll have to pick up a gen 5...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post