SIGforum
You will buy a Glock

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/5941074751

August 18, 2017, 09:08 PM
KHolm
You will buy a Glock
Traded for a new G19 FS today. It's 99% everything I wanted a Glock to be, with front serrations (no milling cost), extended mag release, slide release (the two "typical" upgrades for me) and steel sights. Still needs a slight undercut, but they did me right on this one and I finally have a 19 again! I'll be GTG when I can afford an APLc. I'll eventually have CCR CPII dark this monkey.

G19 FS

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KHolm,

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.
August 19, 2017, 06:52 PM
1lowlife
Went by the Big Town gun show today.
Didn't need anything, I was just driving by with time to kill.

Thought I'd share my findings with my Glock brethren..

And the most embarrassing one... Eek

Is corporate Glock doing this or some other Cerakoting entity?
August 19, 2017, 07:07 PM
walker77
The red one above is a Davidson's "exclusive"

I dont see Glock doing this.
August 19, 2017, 07:07 PM
Ironmike57
Lou's is a great shop. I have purchased many guns from them. Definitely a "cop shop". Every time I am in there,
I see cops from several jurisdictions. And they have the best prices.

quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
Lou's Gunshop and Police Supply (aka Lou's Police Distributors). They are the largest distributor / reseller of Glocks in South Florida (in the state?) and the only principle Blue Label dealer in the area as the only other Blue Label dealer, Nexus, gets their inventory from them. It is a family owned business that has been around for decades and started out as Lou's Hardware while also selling guns. Bought my first gun ever there (not to mention my 2nd Gen G19 20+ years ago) as did my brother and although they moved to a much larger location from their original location a number of years back, there is not a gun enthusiast in the area that doesn't know who they are and in most cases their history.

Lou was the father and original owner, but there are three siblings Lou, Mike, and their sister (Linda I believe?) that have run the business for years. Nice, good people. Mike took care of my pre-order today.

http://www.louspolice.com/index.php

August 19, 2017, 07:35 PM
1lowlife
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
The red one above is a Davidson's "exclusive"

I dont see Glock doing this.

I thought maybe Glock was spending too much time looking at all the Sig variations of the same pistol.

There were plenty of Walthers with odd color schemes as well.

Call me a purist but those color schemes made me cringe.
But that said, I've never been a fan of cerakote...
August 19, 2017, 08:13 PM
RHINOWSO
The gun market is slow, so they have to do more to attract sales from people who might not otherwise buy a Glock.
August 19, 2017, 10:10 PM
parabellum
Yeah, I was in my LGS today and there were some G42s with colored slides- maroon, brown, green, etc.

I asked the counter guy if those came from the factory like that. He said all he knows is that they come into the store like that. Looks like crap, really.
August 20, 2017, 10:57 AM
jdmb03
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, I was in my LGS today and there were some G42s with colored slides- maroon, brown, green, etc.

I asked the counter guy if those came from the factory like that. He said all he knows is that they come into the store like that. Looks like crap, really.

There is always the Patriot Glock.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/...riot---gen4-glock-19
August 20, 2017, 12:04 PM
sns3guppy
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:

[
There is always the Patriot Glock.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/...riot---gen4-glock-19

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...5/m/5941074751/p/443
August 20, 2017, 02:06 PM
Ivan
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
The gun market is slow, so they have to do more to attract sales from people who might not otherwise buy a Glock.

Maybe this is strategic. The world has stopped identifying suspects by physical appearance, but maybe we can identify them by the bling on their Glock.
August 21, 2017, 06:48 PM
smithnsig
The Gen5 Glocks will move a bit I would think. Think about the time money and trouble people go through just to have the finger grooves removed.

I would say their next move may be a Gen4 G30s.

Both of these are easy ways to put out a new product. Think about it, Gen4 G30s could be done immediately. All the parts exist. Just like the Gen5/M models.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...
August 26, 2017, 11:22 AM
rat2306
No Summer Special G19s, nor Gen 5s today at the dealer. Reading the other string in the forum on the Gen. 5 models, wasn't sure they're for me anyway. Brought Stefanie home: a plain vanilla G19 Gen. 4 with the high contrast sights. Later I'll get some night sights for it.
August 26, 2017, 12:47 PM
BBMW
You're not female. This is who they (be it Glock, or some distributor) is pandering to with this.

quote:

August 26, 2017, 01:17 PM
1lowlife
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
You're not female. This is who they (be it Glock, or some distributor) is pandering to with this.

quote:

I would dare to think that are several male(?) 'tactical commando' types they like this 'battle worn' shit.

August 26, 2017, 02:03 PM
Prefontaine
Ugh. A friend here sent me the "Cowboys" edition picture once and was talking about buying. I quickly dissuaded him. All my firearms are black like they should be Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
August 26, 2017, 03:27 PM
Nipper
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
I would dare to think that are several male(?) 'tactical commando' types they like this 'battle worn' shit......

Remember a number of years ago when shirts with bullet holes were in vogue? Could be a business opportunity here.

Buy new Glocks. Drag them behind your car for a mile or two. Run over them with a pickup truck one or two times. Resell to commandos with large markup and spend the profits on beer.

Spray paint can be applied before or after the "battle worn" process. Make sure customers know they were NIB before the upgrade. Razz

August 27, 2017, 04:25 AM
keeotee
I've gone through a number of guns but have never owned a glock. In fact, I swore I'd never own a glock. Of course I take the attitude that it's great we have such a selection to choose from and respect everyone's choice.

That said, at my local range there is this G19 gen4 in gray, all gray and I think it may have won me over.

I handled it, dry fired a few times and I really like it. There are a couple other CZs I want first, but then if I can get a gen5 G19 in that color, it's mine.

Probably best not to say never when it concerns owning a glock!

CZ P10C and HK VP9 SK - Go Bucks!
August 27, 2017, 08:30 AM
DLC762
Had Glocks off and on for years. Like the concept, never really fell in love with the gun.
Would decide that I need one, would buy one, shoot it once or twice...yeah, it's okay.
Sits in the safe for a couple of years, sell it.
Decide that I need a Glock, repeat.
Well, purchased a 43 and shot it yesterday.
May be the perfect Glock, IMO.
Got a feeling that this one will be a keeper.
We will see.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
August 27, 2017, 08:46 AM
sns3guppy
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
I would dare to think that are several male(?) 'tactical commando' types they like this 'battle worn' shit......

Remember a number of years ago when shirts with bullet holes were in vogue? Could be a business opportunity here.

Buy new Glocks. Drag them behind your car for a mile or two. Run over them with a pickup truck one or two times. Resell to commandos with large markup and spend the profits on beer.

Spray paint can be applied before or after the "battle worn" process. Make sure customers know they were NIB before the upgrade. Razz

I saw a lot of M4's in Iraq that had been krylon'd with tan that wore off, that looked about the same. At some places, it seemed the thing to polish all the M9's, not to make them look shiny, but to make them look worn out. No trace of black left on most of the pistol. I saw that a lot.

I have a G43 that's been in a pocket holster and dragged around for three years now, and there's the slightest hint of holster wear at the front of the slide...otherwise looks nearly new. It's had a few thousand rounds put through it. I think I'd nearly have to drag it behind a car if I wanted evidence of abuse. I have G19's with thousands of holster presentations that show very little wear.

Maybe that's the secret to looking like one just waged world war z...paint.

I always thought the idea was to wear the firearm to that point, then send it off for refinish so it's better protected and looks new again. Stupid me. I have a P239 that could do with being sent off for refinish. Maybe it's "battle worn" and worth more now? Doesn't matter...I'll never sell it.
August 28, 2017, 10:01 AM
kimberkid
quote:
Originally posted by DLC762:
Had Glocks off and on for years. Like the concept, never really fell in love with the gun.
Would decide that I need one, would buy one, shoot it once or twice...yeah, it's okay.
Sits in the safe for a couple of years, sell it.
Decide that I need a Glock, repeat.
Well, purchased a 43 and shot it yesterday.
May be the perfect Glock, IMO.
Got a feeling that this one will be a keeper.
We will see.

I was the same way until I bought a 2nd gen 19 a few years ago, and I really like the 43 I bought last year also but I went through a several 17's, 21's and a couple 30's over the years before that.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink