SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Glock hasn't specified what the M stands for. Possibly "Modified".

As noted previously, Glock has been quite tight-lipped with details on the 17M and 19M. But we do know that it doesn't have a mercury-assisted trigger. Wink

The known modifications so far include:

-No finger grooves (obviously)
-Conventional rifling (as opposed to Glock's traditional polygonal rifling)
-Modified barrel crown
-Flared/beveled magwell
-Half-circle cutout at the front of the magwell (like the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Glocks)
-Extended magazine baseplates
-Ambidextrous slide lock lever
-Modified recoil spring assembly
-Modified barrel locking lug
-Modified safety plunger
-Tapered slide nose (similar to the longslide Glocks)
-Improved slide finish

And it's been rumored that the trigger group geometry has been modified, to improve the trigger pull.

I'm in for both 17M and 19M.. Big Grin

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
I'm in for both 17M and 19M..

Careful now.

The 17M/19M have Gen 4 grip texture... I'd hate for you to tear holes in all the clothes in your wardrobe. Big Grin

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Yeah G19M for me. I'm still not digging the finger grooves. Havent got the stomach for spending 3 figures to get them removed acceptably.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Yeah G19M for me. I'm still not digging the finger grooves. Havent got the stomach for spending 3 figures to get them removed acceptably.

I'm in for the 19M as well, and possibly the 17M. I actually like the finger grooves, so that is not the issue for me. The issue for me is that both my daughter and wife are lefties, so the ambi slide lock is actually a big deal on this end. My wife cares very little about shooting, so she is "fine with whatever", but my daughter is a VP9 fan due to the ambi slide lock (among other solid qualities of the gun).

So, put the ambi feature on a 17 & 19 and it will be added to our lineup (probably replacing the Gen4 version of each).

I also like that they seem to be keeping the Gen4 texturing, y'alls mileage may vary on the texture.

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Careful now.

The 17M/19M have Gen 4 grip texture... I'd hate for you to tear holes in all the clothes in your wardrobe. Big Grin

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sugarwater:

I also like that they seem to be keeping the Gen4 texturing, y'alls mileage may vary on the texture.

Apparently I'm the only a-hole on the entire forum that doesn't care for the Gen 4 grip texture. Roll Eyes
But I can fix it to my liking.

I had some VZ grips for a 1911 that I sanded down a touch.
Worked out great.. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
When I can get a hold of them, I'm probably in for both a 17M and 19M. In the interim, I may end up with a 17 and 19 Gen4 too. Whether I trade the Gen4s for the 17M and 19M is another question entirely.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finger grooves, no finger grooves, the real problem is the grip itself. I love glocks but the grip is a barely adequate block to hold onto. Its inexcusable for glock to continue to handicap their pistols this way. After holding something like a VP9 a glocks grip feels pathetic.
This should have been fixed with the gen 4. Instead, we got the lame back straps so that the grip can be a bigger or smaller uncomfortable block.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Feels perfectly fine to me

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Finger grooves, no finger grooves, the real problem is the grip itself. I love glocks but the grip is a barely adequate block to hold onto. Its inexcusable for glock to continue to handicap their pistols this way. After holding something like a VP9 a glocks grip feels pathetic.
This should have been fixed with the gen 4. Instead, we got the lame back straps so that the grip can be a bigger or smaller uncomfortable block.

To each his own. While I don't particularly care for finger grooves I've made them work. Other than that, I like the Glock grip set-up. I am however, looking forward to the M release sans finger grooves. I see a G19M in my future.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not addressing any posters here. However, the grip "feel" issue we continually read about always baffles me. Many posters have never shot the gun in question. All we know is they don't like the "feel". If that is one of their criteria for purchasing, that's fine. None of my business.

Personally, I don't give a rat's arse about how the grip "feels". All I care about is how the gun SHOOTS. While I don't like the "feel" of my Gen4 G19 and P239, they do everything I require in a defensive handgun. I like both of them. Screw the "feel", it's the hits that matter. Hits are hits...whether I'm using a blocky Gorp or my beloved .45 Wilson Pro.

There, I feel better. Smile

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Not addressing any posters here. However, the grip "feel" issue we continually read about always baffles me. Many posters have never shot the gun in question. All we know is they don't like the "feel". If that is one of their criteria for purchasing, that's fine. None of my business.

Personally, I don't give a rat's arse about how the grip "feels". All I care about is how the gun SHOOTS. While I don't like the "feel" of my Gen4 G19 and P239, they do everything I require in a defensive handgun. I like both of them. Screw the "feel", it's the hits that matter. Hits are hits...whether I'm using a blocky Gorp or my beloved .45 Wilson Pro.

There, I feel better. Smile

As a former coworker once told me and something that I've take to heart, "(Handgun) ergonomics is vastly overrated."

Then again, there ARE limitations. For me, the Mk23. If I can't even get my puny trigger finger onto the trigger, it just ain't gonna work. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Its inexcusable for glock to continue to handicap their pistols this way.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcat:
quote:
Its inexcusable for glock to continue to handicap their pistols this way.

+1 ...

Is that from Face Off?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just putting it out there, that's all.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just putting it out there, that's all.
In the meantime, Glock has produced something on the order of five million handguns.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
In the meantime, Glock has produced something on the order of five million handguns.

I currently own 10 of those, 5 more that I've sold off that others currently own.

To the naysayers;
Does a WG P-series Sig feel better in my hand than a Glock?
It certainly does.
Do I shoot these Sigs better than my Glocks?
I certainly do not.
Go figure. Eek

Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Finger grooves, no finger grooves, the real problem is the grip itself. I love glocks but the grip is a barely adequate block to hold onto. Its inexcusable for glock to continue to handicap their pistols this way.

If you really love them, why gripe about them?

I really don't understand after all the years of this thread why folks step in and rag on a brand of pistol that simply works, works and keeps working. Don't like them? Move on and find the perfect gal for you. Sheesh.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't say they didn"t work for me. I said that I wish that Glock would make a more ergonomic grip. Do you have to be completely 100% satisfied with a gun in order to like it? You can't wish that something about it was different? Good lord, its really not that big of a deal.

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good lord, its really not that big of a deal.

^ Exactly.. Razz