SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Converting a recently purchased used 23 to a 19

What the Hell???

I thought switching Glock calibers was usually just a barrel and magazines. I guess I've been misled.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
Perhaps I should give it another shot.
Maybe the G19 grooves will fit my hand better without the backstrap (AKA SF frame).. Eek

Maybe, but probably not. The backstabs change the girth of the grip, and affect trigger reach. They don't change the vertical spacing of the finger grooves.

I still carry a Gen 2 G19, specifically because the Gen 3 and 4 finger grooves on the Compact models are too close together, and crowd my wide hands. No issues with the finger grooves on the full size or subcompact models, though.

There are a few drawbacks to the Gen 2. Namely the lack of a light rail and less ideal grip texture (but Talon Grips help with the latter). I'm still hoping for a 19M or Gen 5 G19, without finger grooves.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in the same camp w/ you 1lowlife, I don't care fore the Gen4 texturing either. I'm perfectly satisfied w/ my Gen 3 guns.

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Converting a recently purchased used 23 to a 19

What the Hell???

I thought switching Glock calibers was usually just a barrel and magazines. I guess I've been misled.

Well, I don't want the 23 slide. Bought the pistol just for the frame. Basically rebuilt the frame with the proper trigger housing, and an aftermarket G19 slide.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Glock is perfect for me. I am perfect for Glock.

Posts: 2332 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Syl:
I will never buy a Glock.

No, you won't buy A glock, you'll buy several

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Maybe, but probably not. The backstabs change the girth of the grip, and affect trigger reach. They don't change the vertical spacing of the finger grooves.

I still carry a Gen 2 G19, specifically because the Gen 3 and 4 finger grooves on the Compact models are too close together, and crowd my wide hands. No issues with the finger grooves on the full size or subcompact models, though.

There are a few drawbacks to the Gen 2. Namely the lack of a light rail and less ideal grip texture (but Talon Grips help with the latter). I'm still hoping for a 19M or Gen 5 G19, without finger grooves.

Thanks for the input RogueJSK.
I feel the same way about the compact finger grooves VS the full and subcompact.
I don't care about a rail, I've sold Sigs only because they had a rail..

I'm also kinda waiting to see what a newer Gen of G19 may come out.
I would buy a Gen 5 G19 w/o finger grooves, regardless of the grip texture.
I've sanded down G10 grips, so I can certainly do a little glock texture sanding if needed.

quote:
Originally posted by cobalt 402:
I'm in the same camp w/ you 1lowlife, I don't care fore the Gen4 texturing either. I'm perfectly satisfied w/ my Gen 3 guns.

Thanks cobalt 402.
I don't feel so alone now... Wink

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, I don't want the 23 slide. Bought the pistol just for the frame. Basically rebuilt the frame with the proper trigger housing, and an aftermarket G19 slide.

Gotcha! Cool

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some good photos of the new Glock 17M here:

https://handgunplanet.com/revi...p-photo-documentary/

As a lefty and a fan of the Gen 2s without finger grooves I would like to try one of these. Interesting that they have gone back to a single pin locking block in the 9mm after having standardized the 40 & 9mm frames with two pins over 20 years ago. Looks like they have also gone "back to the future" by bringing back the semicircle cutout at the front of the grip to help strip a stuck magazine, which was eliminated sometime during the early Gen3s. Remind me again why they dropped the Gen 2 frame design?

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
After shooting my G23 RTF I can say for me no Sig 320's

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I did the P320C / G19 side by side comparison for 4 months, and the winner was clear.

G19 Gen 4 > P320C 9MM.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Looks like they have also gone "back to the future" by bringing back the semicircle cutout at the front of the grip to help strip a stuck magazine, which was eliminated sometime during the early Gen3s.

The Gen 3 G34 retains the cut out at the base of the grip front strap.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I searched 7 web sites for specs on this gun , w/o success .
has anyone seen them some place?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Looks like they have also gone "back to the future" by bringing back the semicircle cutout at the front of the grip to help strip a stuck magazine, which was eliminated sometime during the early Gen3s.

The Gen 3 G34 retains the cut out at the base of the grip front strap.

OK. I was talking about the G17, which this is. At some point in the production of Gen 3 17s that was eliminated, and Gen 4s don't have it.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
quote:

I searched 7 web sites for specs on this gun , w/o success .
has anyone seen them some place?

Detailed specs are not available at this time. Glock has been pretty mum about the details, at least to the public.

The 17Ms are currently only available to law enforcement agencies, and only a relatively small number of agencies have them so far.

There's no indication when/if they'll be available for general sale.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I own Glocks and Sigs, it doesn't matter which one you get, they're both great guns, one isn't any better than the other, between the Glock 19 gen 4 and the Sig p320, there isn't anything not to like, both are reliable right out of the box and accurate, I do prefer the Sig trigger over the the Glock, but not by much, I own several of each brand, and I'm happy with all of them...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TENWOLVES:
I have to agree, before the Gen 4, I wasn't interested on owning a Glock, they felt like holding a brick, the Gen 4 isn't like that, and fits my hand better and allows me to be a much better shot, both first shot and follow up shots, for me Gen 4 format is worth the extra money spent, so because of the Gen 4's, I now own 4

A big +1. My feelings exactly...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^
Even better, you're not really spending more money for the Gen 4, because you're also getting one more magazine than with the previous Gens.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

posted Hide Post
so why the "M" designation ?
mercury assist trigger system ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
so why the "M" designation ?
mercury assist trigger system ?

Glock hasn't specified what the M stands for. Possibly "Modified".

As noted previously, Glock has been quite tight-lipped with details on the 17M and 19M. But we do know that it doesn't have a mercury-assisted trigger. Wink

The known modifications so far include:

-No finger grooves (obviously)
-Conventional rifling (as opposed to Glock's traditional polygonal rifling)
-Modified barrel crown
-Flared/beveled magwell
-Half-circle cutout at the front of the magwell (like the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Glocks)
-Extended magazine baseplates
-Ambidextrous slide lock lever
-Modified recoil spring assembly
-Modified barrel locking lug
-Modified safety plunger
-Tapered slide nose (similar to the longslide Glocks)
-Improved slide finish

And it's been rumored that the trigger group geometry has been modified, to improve the trigger pull.