SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
is anyone sad that they traded their gen three for a gen 4 ?

Never had a Gen3 to trade in. However, the Gen3 grip kept me from buying a Glock for years...until the Gen4. Didn't know about the SF at the time.

I use the Gen4 G19 & G34 without any straps. Fits my hand perfectly. I played with GripForce and all the back straps. Ended up naked.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
is anyone sad that they traded their gen three for a gen 4 ?

Not at all. The Gen 4 has several significant advantages over the Gen 3, and no disadvantages.

Same. The included beavertails for the back strap/grip make all the difference in the pistol to some of us. I like the grip texture as well. All gen 4's here.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not at all. The Gen 4 has several significant advantages over the Gen 3, and no disadvantages.

Price.

The gen 4 has no advantage to me.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

Price.

The Gen 4 is ~$40 more than a Gen 3. But you get one extra magazine with the Gen 4s, which is worth ~$30. (Gen 3s come with 2x mags while Gen 4s come with 3x mags.)

So price is basically a wash.

quote:
The gen 4 has no advantage to me.

Superior grip texture.
Better magazine release.
Improved recoil spring.
Modular backstraps.

You may not see those as advantages, but there are plenty of folks who do.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TGS $540 versus $500? Net out the Gen4 third mag at $25. Big deal - $15 difference.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Superior grip texture.
Modular backstraps

The grip texture is objective and I don't like it.
I don't want a grip texture that will wear holes into my clothing.

Modular backstraps also objective.
I don't want 'pin on' backstraps on any of my firearms.

But I'm stuck in the group that favors Gen 2 Glocks without finger grooves at all.

And a smooth finger textured G26..

Obviously, YMMV. Big Grin

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

I can understand not liking the texture, but I've been carrying a Gen 4 regularly since shortly after they came out (~6 years), and I have yet to wear any holes in my clothing.

I don't recall hearing about that complaint before with the Gen 4s, though I've seen it mentioned regarding the more aggressively textured RTF2 Gen 3s.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I have to agree, before the Gen 4, I wasn't interested on owning a Glock, they felt like holding a brick, the Gen 4 isn't like that, and fits my hand better and allows me to be a much better shot, both first shot and follow up shots, for me Gen 4 format is worth the extra money spent, so because of the Gen 4's, I now own 4

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in the nope category. I have a gen2 19 and gen 3 34. The gen4's fit my hand like they used my hand as a model. The smaller diameter alone makes me prefer this generation. The bigger and to me better mag release is a bonus.

I know that gen2's seem like the perfect glock to many but I shoot my gen4's better and they fit better for me.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
I have 4 glocks now. I love the fact you can easily covert the 40's to 9mm. I have owned several gen 4 and can say they do offer a different recoil impulse but Im sticking with the gen 3's because thats what I shoot the best. Yes I still have my xd's, sigs, and hk's but you can not beat a glock out of the box, period!

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

I can understand not liking the texture, but I've been carrying a Gen 4 regularly since shortly after they came out (~6 years), and I have yet to wear any holes in my clothing.

I don't recall hearing about that complaint before with the Gen 4s, though I've seen it mentioned regarding the more aggressively textured RTF2 Gen 3s.

I carry a gen 4 (43, 26, 19, or 17) everyday, iwb, and it certainly isn't unpleasant. No damage to any clothing either.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I like and own a first gen 17 and two second gen 19's, but they bring nothing to the table over my gen 4 19, other than no finger bumps, of which I'm not sure I really care about anymore. I've now carried every generation of Glock, including a G22 RTF2 and an LAV RTF2. The gen 4 is what I carry now, and the others live in the safe. Haven't worn any holes in my clothes, either.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Gen4 G20 now, and I see a 17/19/26 Gen4 on my 'eventually' list as well. Though, if I can get my hands on a 17M and 19M, I'd certainly be interested in those. But the question is whether I want to wait that long.

Trying to talk my stepdad off the .40 ledge to get himself 9mm Glock(s) instead.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will never buy a Glock.

Posts: 26 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Get a G19 to start.

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Syl:

Never say never.

Posts: 2336 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Converting a recently purchased used 23 to a 19

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Syl:

Thanks for checking in..
You're a generous contributor to the forum with your 1.5294 annual posts.. Roll Eyes Wink

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I finally got around to qualifying with my Gen 4 19 at work after 6 months or so. I had installed the orange ringed trijicon HD sights. I probably only had 200 rounds through it, but it fits ME and feels perfect in my hand.

As I was finishing night quals, this crusty old-timer firearms instructor that was about to grade my target complimented me by saying he appreciated my proficiency with it. I've shot better, but that was a hell of a compliment.

And...for the first time in 12 years, my P239 is not my gun of choice for concealed carry. I'm not even going to qualify on it this year.

Glock 19, for the win. I would have never gone for it, except I was issued a 23 for a while at my old agency, and shot a lot with it. Broke my heart to turn it in.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Seems I'm the only a-hole around that doesn't like the Gen 4 Texture.
Perhaps I should give it another shot.
Maybe the G19 grooves will fit my hand better without the backstrap (AKA SF frame).. Eek