SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: Here's Glock's test for the RSA being replaced. A Glock factory tech showed me what they do.

Hold your pistol vertical with the muzzle pointed towards the ceiling. Pull pack on the slide about a half inch or so and while holding the slide back, depress the trigger. Then, while still depressing the trigger, let go of the slide. If the pistol fails to return to battery, replace the RSA.

Thanks Para, I need to check my 26 year old 17.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like I might be buying another 19. I took my wife and her sister shooting last week and they both liked my 19 better than the Sig P320 and CZ P-09. I was surprised that they both liked the 19 best. My sister-in-law is going to buy one for herself and my wife has claimed mine as her own. That's ok though, gives me an excuse to get another G19.

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Vicious:
I may be about to pull the trigger on a new Gen4 G20.

I have two questions first -

1. For a guy that wears size XL or XXL gloves, is there any advantage to choosing the SF model? (The answer to this may seem obvious but people here have likely fired both, while have only shot the regular frame version before).

2. Is the chamber of the Gen4 models supported well enough to be rid of the 'Glock Bulge'? (Since I reload nearly everything that I shoot I am concerned about this affecting my spent brass).

Thank you.

I've got pretty big mitts too, and the Gen4 works perfectly.

Like 1lowlife said, the Gen4 with nothing on it is an SF frame. I personally have found that on ALL of my Gen 4's, I prefer the medium beavertail added on.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:

The chamber issue (.40 kabooms) was resolved a decade or two ago with an appropriate design change.

Well...yes, and no. The Glock factoryu .40 barrel is still the most unsupported. I've not had one blow out, but then I don't push pressures in .40. I've had blow-outs in S&W and Kahr, however (also in .40).

If you want a fully supported chamber in a Glock, get the .357 Sig.

quote:

Also, don't worry about using lead reloads in the poly barrels. Another urban myth. My Gen4 G19 and G34 clean up better than my Sigs and 1911's. Use a hard cast lead bullet and stay with mid-range loads (or under). In other words, same as for your other handgun lead reloads. Regardless of gun or loads, I clean/inspect and lube after every range session.

Depends on the lead hardness and bullet charge. Some barrels will lead considerably, others not so much. Moderate hardness lead is best; a wive's tal;e is that the harder, the better, but it doesn't work that way. Better to go gas check, if that's the intent. A glock barrel certainly can lead up.

I don't shoot straight lead in mine; I go with coated bullets, and there's almost no barrel deposit of any kind. They stay very clean.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
I've had many Glocks in the past. I never seemed to warm up to them until recently. I resisted with every ounce of energy I could muster... Until I found another RTF 2 in mint condition. It's a 22, however I've started the process of converting it over to 9mm starting with the AlphaWolf threaded 40-9 barrel, along with finding the appropriate extractor and spring. The ejector will most likely remain for now. Shortly thereafter, a used, but unfired Gen 3 19 moved in. A factory threaded barrel is making its way. Both wearing my new favorite sights, the AmeriGlo Pro I-Dots in green.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
..today it hit me again (Glock fever) while in an LGS that was closing the doors forever Frown . I brought home a G42, and a couple of extra mags with the pinky extension. Same shop I got my G30 and G21 from.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Added a G43 for my, "Damnit I have to wear a suit, and/or tuck in my shirt gun".

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over the holidays I got a Glock 43 and 42. Then in January I got a Glock 19, and this weekend I got a Glock 26.

In the process I got rid of five other pistols.

When it comes down to it, for carry or HD, something simple, reliable, well supported in the aftermarket (esp. holsters since I'm a lefty), and "generic" is best. And Glocks are pretty generic - can get one just like it at any gunshop, mags are cheap and easy to find.

I never liked the Gen3 grip, but I'm warming up to the Gen4 grip and the reversible mag catch is something I'm really liking now.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
My 20+ year old G19 is still completely original, including the recoil spring. Smile
Here's Glock's test for the RSA being replaced. A Glock factory tech showed me what they do.

Hold your pistol vertical with the muzzle pointed towards the ceiling. Pull pack on the slide about a half inch or so and while holding the slide back, depress the trigger. Then, while still depressing the trigger, let go of the slide. If the pistol fails to return to battery, replace the RSA.

Thanks, Para.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

Also, don't worry about using lead reloads in the poly barrels. Another urban myth. My Gen4 G19 and G34 clean up better than my Sigs and 1911's. Use a hard cast lead bullet and stay with mid-range loads (or under). In other words, same as for your other handgun lead reloads. Regardless of gun or loads, I clean/inspect and lube after every range session.

Depends on the lead hardness and bullet charge. Some barrels will lead considerably, others not so much......

Thought that's what I said: "Use a hard cast lead bullet and stay with mid-range loads (or under)".

As for other barrels, all I have to reference is my own Gen4 Glocks, which don't lead. I'll get a little bit of leading on most of my conventionally rifled guns, but not the Glocks.

If you want to get specific, my lead bullets are Brinell Hardness: 21. Been buying them from the same place for over 20 years.
http://www.kingshooters.com/ca....php?category=111373

The topic at hand is pretty simple. Load up some mid-range reloads with hard cast bullets, shoot them and see what happens in your own gun. Forget my opinion and everybody elses. See for yourself. Simple...

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Or for a happy medium, just buy plated bullets and don't worry about lead at all.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
Or for a happy medium, just buy plated bullets and don't worry about lead at all.

Unhappy medium. Too expensive. I'm cheap... Razz

Actually, when I shoot the gun I'm carrying, I use plated. Besides any leading issues, they are a lot cleaner for the rest of the gun.

With guns I shoot a lot (lead bullets), I'll detail strip when necessary. Not a big deal. Gives me a chance to inspect and lube the guts.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:

Unhappy medium. Too expensive. I'm cheap... Razz

Ah ... yeah, here it comes ...

If you were really cheap, you'd reload Smile

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
I just bought a G19 and a G43...

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
43 has landed with some Trijicon sights. 225 rounds later, color me impressed

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
3 has landed with some Trijicon sights. 225 rounds later, color me impressed

It's a goodie, for certain. Haven't shot mine in a while but it does exactly what's needed and asked of it. I'd probably carry it all of the time if I weren't so headstrong about the compact Glocks.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
Yep, they keep reproducing.

I'm up to five now, 42, 43, 19 with NS, 17 with FO sights and a second 19 with a threaded barrel and suppressor height sights.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
Took a friend to the range tonight to let him try my G21 as he's getting ready to qualify for a CCW and needs a 45.

He brought his P89. Needless to say, especially after shooting my 34, he's considering the glock big time.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Just bought my 6th Glock. A G30 to go with my G17, G19, G21SF, G26 and G36. I was looking at an ad for some LEO trade in's and Mrs. Navyshooter looks at me and tells me i should buy one so i did Cool

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just added a G19 MOS! Ugh! Every time I let my guard down another damn Glock appears out of nowhere.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: zdog16,

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post