SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
quote:
Originally posted by Miataguy:
I can guarantee you with 100% certainty that I will NOT buy a Glock.

Well, probably not a Gen4 anyway.

Shame that you'll also miss out on the Gen5 as well. But that's the reality of living behind The Iron Curtain. At least you can still short shift that lil' Mia to your heart's content.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
You will buy a Glock... then do something stupid to it.

It's not all that stupid if it now works for you. Far better than an unmolested gun winding up being a failed attempt at being liked and useful, and subsequently sold off at a loss.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Win Forever
posted Hide Post
quote:

The first stage is denial... I am guessing anger is not too far behind. Wink

Posts: 691 | Location: Charlottesville, VA & Seattle, WA | Registered: May 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let me tell you something, Sunshine- you've got Troll written all over you. 26 posts in 5 years, with 16 of those posts being yesterday, and TWO of those posts are for entering karmas, taking advantage of the generosity of our members.

You want some attention? You want to troll us? Partner, I am the East Coast distributor for banishments.

Behave yourself, or get off of my board.

Happy now?

Posts: 107472 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Q83
posted Hide Post
Just bought a 43 Talo a few days ago, should be here sometime next week. Looking forward to some range time with it.

Also have two 19's, a Gen 3 and Gen 4 I'll run some rounds through.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
ISRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 426 | Location: Illinois | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've heard more people say that than I can think of ... hell, I'm one of them and over the last 15-18 years have had a couple 19's & 21's a 17, 23, 26, 27, 30 & 34 and currently have a 19 & 43 Talo. A good friend of mine said that he'd never own one either until he shot one on a dare; now he's an owner of several and Glock is almost all he shoots. He's the ultimate convert; now an officer the local Glock club organizes Glock shoots/matches ... I don't know how much weight he carries but if anyone that knows him has a problem or needs a favor, he knows who at Glock to call.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now there's a guy who got Religion! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9142 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Traded in my vp9 and got a new G34 this week

Posts: 23375 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Looking for a decent deal on a used Gen 4 G34 now.

Posts: 1900 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Congrats!
Some may argue but when I saw the VP9 I wasn't impressed but it seemed to sweep over the HK community like a plague ... meh

I had a 34 and it seems like a fine gun but it's kinda big and a friend of a friend couldn't find one and liked it more ... I'm content with my G2 19 and 43

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Oooops, I did it again....

I couldn't pass up this used minty-fresh 17 gen4 for the price asked.

Seems like all of my shooters are modded to some extent. I'm going to keep this one bone stock other than some new sights. No new connector. No spring changes. No magwell. No barrel swap. No flatfaced trigger. No stippling. No slide cuts. No RMR. No extended mag releases. Not even a butt plug. Well, maybe a butt plug.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just bought a g19 gen4. Thinking of playing the mod game. I had my guy put on trijicon HD's. Holy crap I love those things. I like the extended triangular slide release. I traded into a g23 years ago that had a grip plug. Kinda like it. Maybe an over watch trigger and because what the hell a personalized etched slide cover.

I got others that are stock, I want to expand my mind so to speak.

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Oooops, I did it again....

I couldn't pass up this used minty-fresh 17 gen4 for the price asked.

Seems like all of my shooters are modded to some extent. I'm going to keep this one bone stock other than some new sights. No new connector. No spring changes. No magwell. No barrel swap. No flatfaced trigger. No stippling. No slide cuts. No RMR. No extended mag releases. Not even a butt plug. Well, maybe a butt plug.

That's all it needs. PG-G4MF and some night sights. Congrats. The g4 17 with large beavertail is my favorite.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12616 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
A new post from SIGforum > Main Page > SIG Pistols!

Author Topic: You will buy a Glock
pedropcola

There isn't a grip plug in the gun for a reason, it allows the grip to flex, and take recoil better, as well as keeping debris from accumulating in the grip over time, with a plug put in, the grip becomes very stiff and hard, you will feel the recoil much more, and that's right from a Glock armorer ...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/4hxT5Dn9xt4

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12616 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
https://youtu.be/4hxT5Dn9xt4

Man, that gun has some serious BTF.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I never really had any interest in getting a Glock. I have a PPQ and a P320 and they fit my striker fired bases quite well.

Last spring, I kept wondering what is the big deal about Glocks. They never really fit my hand that well and the trigger isn't as nice as the PPQ or P320. One day, I figured I would get a G19 to try. After all, I could always sell it if I didn't like it.

Well, I did get a Gen3 G19 and I have to say that I really like it. The ergonomics and trigger still aren't as nice as the aforementioned pistols, but I shoot it well. One thing I like about it is the recoil impulse and it gets back on target much faster than the Sig or Walther.

BTW, I'm in the market for a G20 now. Big Grin I have no regrets coming to the Dark Side.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fire Away,

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:
I never really had any interest in getting a Glock. I have a PPQ and a P320 and they fit my striker fired basis quite well.

Last spring, I kept wondering what is the big deal about Glocks. They never really fit my hand that well and the trigger isn't as nice as the PPQ or P320. One day, I figured I would get a G19 to try. After all, I could always sell it if I didn't like it.

Well, I did get a Gen3 G19 and I have to say that I really like it. The ergonomics and trigger still aren't as nice as the aforementioned pistols, but I shoot it well. One think I like about it is the recoil impulse and it gets back on target much faster than the Sig or Walther.

BTW, I'm in the market for a G20 now. Big Grin I have no regrets coming to the Dark Side.

I am with you as far as my love of the PPQ and P320, and have both, and shoot both well. That said i carry a 19 every day, and i am in the process of converting my 23 to 19 as a back up/ training gun, and i could even see myself some day getting a third 19.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
Glocks will always be a good investment, they are totally reliable, I have several Glocks, my Gen 4 Glock 19 is my bedside gun, I have a Ghost 3.5 trigger on it as well s\all steel guide rod, Heine figure 8 night sights , Crimson Trace laser grips and a light, and it is all in a compact package that is easy and fast to get too as well as being one of the best home protection guns you could ask for, I also have a couple PPQ's and a couple sig P320, and several other EDC rotation guns, and they are all awesome, but the G19 GEN 4 is special, it's accurate and felt recoil is hardly anything at all, just a really fun gun to shoot..

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I got into a discussion with several people Monday at lunch and the topic of concealed carry came up. A couple of guys were surprised that I carried a Glock over a Kimber, SiG or other high end gun.
My response was simple; the Glock is a HAMMER ... it always works, I shoot it well and its relatively inexpensive.

If I ever have to use it in self-defense and it gets taken as evidence; I'm not going to care that the officer in the evidence room will engrave it with an electric pencil or toss it into a box with other guns ... which for high end guns, would ruin the finish and trash the value.

I pray that it never happens because I know my life will be changed forever; but I'll get another HAMMER.
I won't be out a bunch of money and pissed if I don't get it back like I would my $1200 Kimber Pro-Carry CDP or my SiG C3.

I'd hope to get it back and if/when I did the markings will be scars of honor, and a reminder that it did its job.
It won't detract from the value, because to me, its just a hammer ... if anything IMHO it would make it more valuable because it saved my life.