SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
If the Gen 5 G17 and/or G19 do not have finger grooves, then I may buy a 'new' Glock.

My Gen 2 17 and 19 are my favorites.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
What are you going to do with those old things 1lowlife? And wheres the finger grooves and tactical rails? Big Grin

When Gaston first made those like this, couldn't they be snuck through metal detectors? Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
What are you going to do with those old things 1lowlife? And wheres the finger grooves and tactical rails? Big Grin

When Gaston first made those like this, couldn't they be snuck through metal detectors? Big Grin

I don't need no stinkin' rails. Mad

I'm an anti-rail snob. Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Oh those are all just dandy.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para told me in another post, "just go buy a Glock". This thread hasn't helped either.
I now have a Gen 4 19 & 26. Sights were replaced with aftermarket tritium right off the bat.
So now I have a 19, 21, 23, 26 & 30s. Thanks Para. :/ Hahahaha

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just went shooting today and had the opportunity to try a Glock 19 and I really started to like it so much that I want to pick up one used or new if found cheap enough. Again I just missed out on a 26 where the seller flaked and I don't have any sub compacts and heard it shoots just like the 19.

Prices on them are so tempting but a few things always got to me, like the slide release was kind of small or too tight to release. Can get a slightly extended release to fix that problem but the one today was shot enough nice and smooth guess they need to be broken in. Also the mushy trigger on a new one out of the box but a nicely used one broken in, didn't even feel it at all.

Was my first time shooting a Glock in 9mm in that past all I ever got to shoot were 40 S&W models.

The only thing I will do immediately if I buy one is get rid of those awful U shape solid line factory rear sight. Been shooting 3 dot's since I was 9 years old and even though I was still hitting where I was aiming at but they make it a little slower and less accurate for me and my cousin who said the same thing and it was his first time shooting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dfens,

Posts: 966 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dfens:
The only thing I will do immediately if I buy one is get rid of those awful U shape solid line factory rear sight. Been shooting 3 dot's since I was 9 years old...

I believe Glock's factory night sights are 3-dots.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
Para told me in another post, "just go buy a Glock". This thread hasn't helped either.
I now have a Gen 4 19 & 26. Sights were replaced with aftermarket tritium right off the bat.

Uh, where's the 17? That's a must in every collection.

Posts: 636 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only thing I will do immediately if I buy one is get rid of those awful U shape solid line factory rear sight.

I hate, HATE the factory Glock sights! That "ball in a bucket" look does not fit my eye at all.
They are the first thing that gets changed. In a pinch, (like when my ordered sights haven't gotten here yet), I will turn the rear sight around.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
The only thing I will do immediately if I buy one is get rid of those awful U shape solid line factory rear sight. Been shooting 3 dot's since I was 9 years old...

I believe Glock's factory night sights are 3-dots.

They are, and they are inexpensive. GT distributors used to charge $55 a set for them. Now they are either $60 or $65, I forget which. Glock says they make them, themselves, but I believe the tritium is Mepro, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I do know the LE Glocks that GT sells has them fitted on every one. They are sufficient night sights, they just aren't whiz bang like the Trij HD's or Ameriglo Pro Idots with a painted circle around the front sight in orange or lime green.

I prefer that lime green outline on the front sight and the i dot pros can be had on Amazon for $70 a set. I'd easily take the Trijicon HD's as well but they cost a lot more and are a higher sight. The idots are more low profile and they are made where you can do one handed racks off your shoe or whatever with the rear sight.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12627 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpadams6:
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:

Uh, where's the 17? That's a must in every collection.

I think the 19 is the must have IMO. I looked at an all gray 17 but opted for the 19 instead.
The 21 is my Winter carry as I can't conceal it in warmer weather. That's my full size. I don't *really* need another full size but you never know.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Yep

Just did a G19 Gen 3 made in the USA

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am keeping one G19 for now, but will be picking up three CZ P-10c's as soon as they are available.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Ok Para. After 423 pages, I have finally purchased a Glock for personal use.
a 43 followed me home a few weeks before the presidential election.
43 as a number has a significance for me and the easy carry aspect is a pleasure.

Curses!

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
You will buy a Glock... then do something stupid to it.

I had never warmed up to Glocks. They give me slide bite, Glock knuckle, all of the bad stuff.

I think I posted in this thread when I got my Gen4 19 - lefty mag release and beavertails got me to bite the bullet on a cheap pawnshop model that hadn't been shot much.

I've slowly been turning it into a pistol I'll use. Gen3 G17 trigger/bar to clean up the Gen4 trigger and have the smooth face, filed the safety tab flush, and now I've gone and taken a Dremel to it.

I'll be darned if this thing doesn't actually feel like a shooter now.

Zipped off the finger grooves, widened the undercut of the trigger guard, beveled the undercut and frontstrap sides, abbreviated the medium beavertail. All that's left is a set of sights - looking at the Ameriglo Hackathorn - and she'll be put in carry rotation with an XC1.

I'm actually going to leave it rough. The factory nubs are there on the front strap and the rough sanding barrel left it with a pretty rough and decently grippy texture.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
^ I too dislike the finger grooves on a Gen 3 & 4 compact Glock, so I favor my Gen 2.

But whatever works for you is great in my opinion.

Glad you got it to suit your needs.

If the legendary Gen 5 G19 has no finger grooves, then it will be one of the first new G19 I've ever bought.. Big Grin

Picture of Miataguy
posted Hide Post
I can guarantee you with 100% certainty that I will NOT buy a Glock.

Posts: 186 | Location: Long Beach, CA. | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miataguy:

Oh, it's that time of the month again already? Roll Eyes

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

But you drive a Miata?
How embarrassing... Eek

It ain't over till it's over, and you ain't dead yet.
You'll come around, but thanks for chiming in...

Bless your heart and Merry Christmas..... Big Grin

Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, probably not a Gen4 anyway.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post