SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I like my Ghost 3.5 trigger I purchased from www.the glock store.com, it made a big difference in accuracy and isn't so light to make me feel unsafe wearing it as a EDC, the Tungsten steel guide rod has also made it feel better in the recoil department, not a lot, but better IMHO...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I'm gonna try a smooth 17 trigger face in my 19, but I chose the 19 for the smaller size since it can take the 17 and larger magazines anyway.

I think you'll find it completes the package. I was slightly skeptical until I tried one. There was no going back.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Have you tried them in the dark? How do you align the rear site with having the tritium lamps to pick up?

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
<snip>

In addition, after practicing with a set of 10-8 Performance sights on my G34 for some time, I've come to like the front night sight/black U-notch rear combo. You don't seem to lose anything by omitting the two rear tritium dots.

<snip>

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Edit: BBMW - I'm going to move this discussion to a new thread, so we don't clutter up this one with non-Glock-specific discussion. The new thread is located here: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9960076304

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Couldn't resist, I saw a Gen 3 19 for a reasonable price and added it to the collection, but since I already have 4 19's,I guess it's become an addiction. To me it's just the perfect weapon, just another spare for a different room in the house.

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Have you tried them in the dark? How do you align the rear site with having the tritium lamps to pick up?

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
<snip>

In addition, after practicing with a set of 10-8 Performance sights on my G34 for some time, I've come to like the front night sight/black U-notch rear combo. You don't seem to lose anything by omitting the two rear tritium dots.

<snip>

If you are intuitive with the Glock grip angle, you should be pretty much aligned with the front sight without having any rear sight reference.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Went to the range and it was full so I looked into the used gun case lo and behold a g19 gen 4 that is basically a new gun looks barely fired

Bought it for $399 with all the mags original case loader and tools good thing I said yes there was a guy in the range thinking about it, he walked up to get it as I was signing the papers

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Went to the range and it was full so I looked into the used gun case lo and behold a g19 gen 4 that is basically a new gun looks barely fired

Bought it for $399 with all the mags original case loader and tools good thing I said yes there was a guy in the range thinking about it, he walked up to get it as I was signing the papers

It's indeed a great thing when the stars align perfectly. Congrats on your new find.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wasn't there something a short time ago about a shortage of 9mm Glocks in the civilian market? At $399 used I'd say whatever worries there were, are now gone.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:

It's indeed a great thing when the stars align perfectly. Congrats on your new find.

very good find, and one i would have snatched up in a second.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
There is no shortage of 9mm's here in Southern Oregon, even though they out sell 40 s&w and 45 acp by 4 to 5 to 1, plenty of Grock's to choose from as well as Sigs and most other brands..

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked up my 1st 10mm, a slightly used Gen 3 g20. Looking forward to the next range day.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TENWOLVES:
There is no shortage of 9mm's here in Southern Oregon, even though they out sell 40 s&w and 45 acp by 4 to 5 to 1, plenty of Grock's to choose from as well as Sigs and most other brands..

G19s have slowly been rolling in (and selling out fast), as has G43s (not selling so fast these days). G17s however have remained hard to find, and surprising to me so has the G26. But we can pick up as many G34s as we want. One of our distributors 'honored' us with the 'privilege' of being able to purchase the kingly sum of TWO black G17 Gen4s, as a result of us ordering a few thousand dollars worth of Magpul items with them.

Yup, still a pain to find, those G17s...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amc:
Just picked up my 1st 10mm, a slightly used Gen 3 g20. Looking forward to the next range day.

Nothing wrong with a used gun.

Congrats!

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I have the Glock 20 Gen 4, and it rocks, it's a very flat shooter and easy to control if your hands aren't too small to get a good grip, accurate also, I put True Glow fiber optic night sights on it and it now gets on target much faster and recovery second shots are much faster, Congrats, on your 10 mm, you are going to love it...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

Yup, still a pain to find, those G17s...

I can see why. My gen 4 17 is my favorite handgun to shoot. I love it so much that I want to pick up another one.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terra:
I can see why. My gen 4 17 is my favorite handgun to shoot. I love it so much that I want to pick up another one.
Plenty of them available online.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes you will buy a Glock as I did with my 42. However you may not continue with them. I just have a place in my heart for hammer fired weapons and sold my striker fire, the Glock and a Springfield XDs. Now I might continue the trend and adopt only 1911 type weapons which means the Sigs have to go too.

Sig Ultra 9mm Traditional, SW Performance Center Shield 9mm, Dan Wesson CCO, Ruger LCRx, Kahr PM9. CZ 75D PCR

Posts: 44 | Registered: April 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bbrovold:
Yes you will buy a Glock as I did with my 42. However you may not continue with them. I just have a place in my heart for hammer fired weapons and sold my striker fire, the Glock and a Springfield XDs. Now I might continue the trend and adopt only 1911 type weapons which means the Sigs have to go too.

But you did buy one... Roll Eyes

I can see why you sold your XD pistol(s).
Their triggers are too mushy, I sold 5 of them.
They need a $100 PRP kit to make them acceptable.
But my glocks, acceptable out of the box.

You'll come back to Glock one of these days.. Wink

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
To each their own, I have a love and appreciation for all gun types, and use them all, I like being proficient with all the different systems offered today, I made the mistake years ago by selling some of my guns, and lived to regret it later, if money would be an issue then maybe I would let go of some of my collection, I prefer single actions , but also know there is a need for safe actions like the striker fired, I live in a Free State where I can carry what firearm I wish, and I do depending on occasion and weather, but the thought of giving up my striker fired guns to just shoot hammer fired , turns my stomach, and takes away that warm fuzzy feeling I get...