SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
looking hard at a 17 in battlefield green, but also noticing some police trade ins on Glock 21s

In dealing with Trad ins, anything i should look into?

These have been said to be Gen 4, and only 6 months old wich seems pretty new for trad ins?

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it's Gen 4 Glocks:

Make sure the RSA is the current one.

Check pins and locking block.

Check trigger, springs and sights.

When I do used/PD trade ins with Glocks, I completely break them down and replace all springs and pins. Thorough cleaning and inspection.

Some PD guns are shot little and carried a lot and others are shot an ass ton and carried even more.

quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:
looking hard at a 17 in battlefield green, but also noticing some police trade ins on Glock 21s

In dealing with Trad ins, anything i should look into?

These have been said to be Gen 4, and only 6 months old wich seems pretty new for trad ins?

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I need to send a G20 slide off for night sights - GL104Y: Trijicon HD™ Night Sight Set — Yellow Front Outline.

Any ideas where to get them installed? Trijicon used to do it.

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I've noticed a lot of gen4 G21's coming in as refurbs at my local shop. Cheap too...I think $475 with night sights. A couple of them had PA state police stamps on them. I'm really tempted to pick one up.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
I've noticed a lot of gen4 G21's coming in as refurbs at my local shop. Cheap too...I think $475 with night sights. A couple of them had PA state police stamps on them. I'm really tempted to pick one up.

My Gen4 21 is a PA State Police pistol. Put in a low bid on GB last year, not expecting to win it. I did. Excellent condition, not fired very much at all. Still had the anti-seize grease on it.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
I need to send a G20 slide off for night sights - GL104Y: Trijicon HD™ Night Sight Set — Yellow Front Outline.

I sent a G30 slide off to Scott at Staudt's Gun Shop (Sigforum member "smpsmp") to have Trijicon HDs installed last summer. The price for the sights + installation + return shipping was great, and everything went smoothly. I'd suggest emailing him at the address in his profile: https://sigforum.com/eve/person...profile&u=9960023952

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

I sent a G30 slide off to Scott at Staudt's Gun Shop (Sigforum member "smpsmp") to have Trijicon HDs installed last summer. The price for the sights + installation + return shipping was great, and everything went smoothly. I'd suggest emailing him at the address in his profile: https://sigforum.com/eve/person...profile&u=9960023952
Thanks, I sent him an email.

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you get a sight pusher and front sight tool you could do it yourself. I know it's not what you asked but it'll pay for itself in the end.

I do all my own work on Glocks, sights included. The tools paid for themselves after the first 3 guns.

quote:

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:

yes that is just what i am seeing 475.00 G21 gen 4 with night sights, and said to only be 6 months old

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Damn you guys..
I've been on the fence about buying a G21 SF to go with my Gen 2 G21.
That Gen 4 without a back-strap would work..

I've got 2K of 45ACP and only the one G21 to run it thru....

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ELG
posted Hide Post
Around xmas time i traded an XDs 45 for a Gen 4 Glock 19, I feel its the best gun trade I ever made. I have owned and traded several Glocks over my past 20 so years as a gun owner and the Gen 4 19 fits just right. It not a PPQ fit but it feels better than any previous Glock Gen I have ever had. Although I am in love with the trigger on my PPQ its just to light for CCW. My 19 even with its heavier pull allows me to shoot just as accurately and confidently as I do with my PPQ with the added option of not having trigger so light that a jury of 12 might accuse me of wanting to be a gun slinger in waiting. I love my 19 and when Im not carrying my PPS for an extra low profile it will be on my side, as I love my Glock and Im glad to have one.

Posts: 470 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Renewed my CCW added my P239 9mm. and a SW 442.
Both Great options. Shot them tonight all was well UNTIL... I once again rented a G26.
Shooting the G26 vs my G19 and P239 and comparing Holster comfort IWB. One and two handed shooting the G26 was as good or better than my P239. and better for me than the G19. While I prefer a hammer fired gun for ccw...and won't give up my P239... the little G26 is quite perfect isn't it!
I should have kept this one ...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RANGER20,

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I drove to the Des Moines (Iowa) metro yesterday for lunch with some buddies I went to the academy with.

After, a few of us went to a LGS that is also a Glock Blue Label dealer. I asked about Blue Label 19s, mostly because I heard that all 9mm models have been on 2-4 month backorder through Glock Blue Label, likely due to the FBI change to 9mm causing people to run out and buy them.

They told me no, and then remembered that someone had cancelled their order after it arrived that morning. I asked to see it, got the snaps to the case undone, and was in the process of opening the lid when I said "eh, yeah I'll take it."

So, now I have a Gen 4 G19. It joins my Springfield 1911 Loaded as guns I own and have not yet fired.

It also joins my Beretta 92FS Inox compact, my P229 Stainless Elite, and my M&P Shield in my 9mm family. It's a very happy family, indeed.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 812 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
17mos showed up today.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
A week ago, no Glocks. Now, a G19 and a G26 here, both Gen 4's. Now more mags, sights, and other stuff on the way. Damn this thread!

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Finally broke down and grabbed a g43 kind of on impulse. It joins my g26 and g19.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
17mos showed up today.

We got the G19 MOS in. Nice I suppose, but for holding onto the extra money I'd settle for a plain vanilla G19. As I hinted at in the reflex sight thread, I'm not feeling any motivation to torture test a reflex sight.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Couldn't pass up a deal on this 42 today at my LGS. Someone traded two of them in, completely unfired.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
Renewed my CCW added my P239 DAO.9mm. and a SW 442.
Both Great options. Shot them tonight all was well UNTIL... I once again rented a G26.
Shooting the G26 vs my G19 and P239 and comparing Holster comfort IWB. One and two handed shooting the G26 was as good or better than my P239. and better for me than the G19. While I prefer a hammer fired gun for ccw...and won't give up my P239... the little G26 is quite perfect isn't it!
I should have kept this one ...

I actually prefer the flat or GAP Mag bases.
Many of us shoot the 26 better than the larger Glocks. IMO the G26 is one of the best handguns made. MG

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:

I actually prefer the flat or GAP Mag bases.
Many of us shoot the 26 better than the larger Glocks. IMO the G26 is one of the best handguns made. MG[/QUOTE]

I agree. My 26 is my EDC and I can't miss with it. Also carry a 42 as a BUG. Thousands of rounds with both and not a single failure with either.

Posts: 4 | Location: Kansas | Registered: February 23, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post