SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Para is correct, regarding Gen 3 Glocks: 2 mags for standard, and 3 mags for Blue Label.

But all Gen 4 Glocks come with 3 magazines, not just the Blue Label ones.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not ripping me off, but I've asked two dealers , here in the vicinity , and they both told me one mag .
not only that but , neither had but one extra G17 mag , in stock .

I would be needing a total of six , if I am going to delve in to this Glock phenomena ( cult )
Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Not ripping me off, but I've asked two dealers , here in the vicinity , and they both told me one mag......

Report them to Glock. Dealers are not supposed to screw with the factory package. In bad cases, I've heard of Glock pulling dealer status.

Per Rogue, my Gen4 G19 and G34 came with three mags each.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not ripping me off, but I've asked two dealers , here in the vicinity , and they both told me one mag .
This has never been true. These dealers are removing spare magazines and selling them separately.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bendable, if your dealer doesn't do right by you, try this guy who's a member here. Good guy to work with:

http://www.gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This has never been true. These dealers are removing spare magazines and selling them separately.

Yep I'd report them to Glock, let them sort it out.

My used Gen 4 G17 had two mags, my guess is the original owner who had two, kept one extra, no big deal I picked two more up online.

Sheedy Ern Ern has Glock mags under $20 all the time, plenty of Gee Sebbenteen mags.

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone ever get more that one magazine ? with purchase.

A neighbor in Mesa told me that he got two , with his ( 5 years ago )

do they run specials ?
where they might include two , with purchase ?

NIB gun...you should always get more than one. As others have said: Gen3 civilian market, 2 mags. LEO Blue Label and Gen4 civilian, 3 mags. Anything else and you should be beating down that 'dealer' on his price, or casually ask him if Glock knows that he's doing this.

When buying used...well there's not much to be done about that except trying to find another elsewhere that does have the full complement of mags, or negotiate down the price. Quite a few folk who sell, consign or trade in their guns--Glocks or otherwise--will bring in the gun with only a single mag, presumably preferring to sell off their spares separately to get a better price or perhaps use them for another gun.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks , I have two other places to check, prior to making a decision.

So, a Farm Store retailer with 3 dozen stores can't call up Glock and order 6 dozen Glocks with one magazine each , ( in an effort to offer a $15.00 lower price to their customers ) ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Win Forever
posted Hide Post
Just purchased my fourth Glock, a Glock 43 and I am excited to get it out to the range for a test run. I have smaller hands, so from the handling I have done so far it has felt great. And (2) magazines did come with the handgun.

I am OCD about making sure that everything is in the box and it prompted a quick question. This may have been asked and answered elsewhere, but what is the quick story behind Glock no longer supplying the sealed, dated and serial #’d test fire casing?

Posts: 691 | Location: Charlottesville, VA & Seattle, WA | Registered: May 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glock no longer supplying the sealed, dated and serial #’d test fire casing?

It had to do with something about certain jurisdictions requiring to keep them in a database for purchased firearms. I guess in their mind, to match up casings found in crime scenes.
I don't think any states require them anymore, so Glock no longer has to include them.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
not only that but , neither had but one extra G17 mag , in stock .

I would be needing a total of six , if I am going to delve in to this Glock phenomena ( cult ) Big Grin

From Glocks Web Page

GLOCK Pistol Case Contents
Each pistol is delivered only after passing stringent quality inspections, exhaustive quality control checks, and test firing. In addition, each pistol comes in a hard shell case with a speed loader, two magazines, a cleaning set, a cable lock, instructions for use manual, and firearm safety brochure.

https://us.glock.com/products

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:

So, a Farm Store retailer with 3 dozen stores can't call up Glock and order 6 dozen Glocks with one magazine each , ( in an effort to offer a $15.00 lower price to their customers ) ?

For $25 a mag, go ahead and charge me the "extra" $15 and give me the 3 mags that come with a Gen4. Roll Eyes

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
From Glocks Web Page

GLOCK Pistol Case Contents
Each pistol is delivered only after passing stringent quality inspections, exhaustive quality control checks, and test firing. In addition, each pistol comes in a hard shell case with a speed loader, two magazines, a cleaning set, a cable lock, instructions for use manual, and firearm safety brochure.

https://us.glock.com/products

Most likely an oversight on the Glock Web site (not unusual). Never changed it to reflect Gen4 models after the Gen4's came out.

Other than ripoff dealers, every mention I've ever heard regarding Gen4's accompanying mags references three mags. That is part of the reason the Gen4 guns are slightly more expensive than Gen3's shipped with only two. TGS shows a $40 differential between Gen3 and Gen4. They clearly state that Gen3 has two mags and Gen4 has three.

The point here is simply that when Glock ships a product with three magazines, the customer should expect three mags at point of purchase. Why would anybody want to do business with a dealer who alters the factory package without informing the customer? What ELSE is the dealer screwing around with would be my other concern.

See Top Gun Supply for confirmation:

Gen3 ($499.95):
http://www.topgunsupply.com/glock-19-9mm-black.html

Gen4 ($539.95):
http://www.topgunsupply.com/gl...gen-4-9mm-black.html

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Go grab your factory hardshell case, Im almost certain the sticker on the handle states the quantity of the mags that's included, at least mine does.

Show that to your gun shop.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fishjager
posted Hide Post
Blue label Glocks are meant for Law Enforcement and Military. So they come with a total of three magazines. If there are only two, something is fishy and someone has sticky fingers.

Posts: 1341 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My blue label 43 came with 2mags?

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
The only fault I find with this thread is the title is singular. It's misleading Wink

Yeah, Tell me about it!
It started with 2.
Then one more,
then another
then another...

In about a month or so, I'll buy yet another.

This thread is costing me MONEY! Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:

The average FFL dealer can't call up and order direct from Glock, period. We have to go through distributors for Glocks, either shipped from the distributor's inventory or if the order is large enough, drop shipped direct from Glock. But the ordering itself is always done through an authorized distributor. Big retailers like Cabela's and Gander Mountain might have an 'in' with Glock since they buy in such huge quantities, but the rest of us...no such access.

As far as I know that's how Glock rolls and, again as far as I know, the multi-mag packages is all that Glock sells.

But if the retailer is large enough, I suppose there's a real possibility that Glock would be willing to negotiate a different package specific to that retailer if the retailer agrees to buy a certain quantity of guns, which could include the single-mag gun package that your dealer sells. Money always talks, and far be for me to suggest that Glock doesn't like money if a deal is possible. If your chain store dealer wanted a lower dealer price than what the rest of us FFL dealers are usually paying and was willing to buy enough guns, in order to accommodate that price Glock may very well choose to delete the extra mags as the means of providing that lower wholesale cost. I'd bet however that "six dozen guns" is not going to be enough for Glock to make such a deal. We bought a couple hundred Glocks in a deal last year brokered through a distributor and Glock would only budge a little on price for some of the models if we agreed to take A LOT of G42s to consummate the agreement. Nothing like sitting on shipping cases full of G42s for most of a half year that makes the boss man the tyrant for pimping the damn things at every turn...

But I'm digressing. As to the matter at hand; to save $15 for a mag that will usually sell for $20-25/per...it's not worth it for the end buyer.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
My blue box Gen4 G26 had three mags. Got it at the end of December.

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

6 dozen Glocks isn't getting ANY special attention, pricing or packaging.

Posts: 221 | Registered: October 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post