SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Great looking Gen 4 Uncle Malice, congrats.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tack 1911
posted Hide Post
I purchased two this week!

Posts: 325 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Malice:
Got my slide back from Robar. I believe I probably have the first Gray Glock with NP3 slide in the country. Neat. It turned out pretty sick.

That does look nice...

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrandPotter
posted Hide Post
I will NEVER own one of those "ugly plastic" guns. I grew up on steel and will die with steel. Yea, yea, yea, all the hype about them distorts the airwaves with dogma. I have shot them at ranges from friends and my brother and simply am not impressed. But hey - "to each their own."

ALL women should Conceal Carry.

Posts: 4599 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: January 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrandPotter:
I will NEVER own one of those "ugly plastic" guns. I grew up on steel and will die with steel. Yea, yea, yea, all the hype about them distorts the airwaves with dogma. I have shot them at ranges from friends and my brother and simply am not impressed. But hey - "to each their own."

You sure do spend a lot of time in a Glock thread telling us how much you won't own one. It's ok. You can come clean, what did you name your Glock? I bet you call it Daddy don't you?

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
It always amazes me how a little plastic makes some people so uneasy...you'd think there were allergies or sumthin' viral going around. Razz

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .45ACP
posted Hide Post
quote:

I know what you mean. How could I bring myself to purchase such a cheap and reliable piece of "accurate" junk?! Maybe some like light weight, high capacity pistols with a historic level of after market support and top notch CS but that sort if garbage doesn't impress me either. It's all just "hype".

I'd much rather have something older that rattles and jams, low-cap and heavy on the hip, expensive but not a trend setter in the modern firearms industry. But to each their own. I, clearly, don't care.

Posts: 1913 | Location: CO | Registered: March 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
It always amazes me how a little plastic makes some people so uneasy...you'd think there were allergies or sumthin' viral going around. Razz

Many of those same people have no problem with all that aluminum and plastic in modern assault rifles. You'd think they'd all be covered with hideous red spots by now. It's touching your cheek!

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cda926:
Oh yes you will............

G17 Gen2
G19 Gen4
G22 Gen2
G23 Gen4
G30 Gen4
G31 Gen3
G32 Gen3
G43 Gen3

I really want to chat w/ the gentleman who posted that he has 53 Glocks!

cda926@charter.net

List updated!!!

Posts: 809 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will NEVER own one of those "ugly plastic" guns. I grew up on steel and will die with steel.

There is still plenty of Steel on the firearm.

It's Ok, you can hate Glocks but why come here complaining about it? It's almost like you want to hate it but you secretly want one. Just give in. Look into the eyes.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I just tried out my new G42 .380 over the long weekend and I could not be happier. I used both the standard mags and mags with the factory extension and it was an absolute joy to shoot. Extremely accurate, easy to rack, mild recoil, and easy to shoot well. Eagerly swallowed and spat out everything it was fed including Speer Gold Dot and Federal HST. This is definitely going to be taking a place in my carry rotation. If I had to nitpick any one thing and it would be a very small nitpick is that you can feel the trigger safety bar on the trigger still protruding slightly even when fully depressing the trigger. Mine is a recent production model with the 02 mags. Can highly recommend it!

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Stopped by the LGS earlier. There's a new Lipsey's run of grey Glocks with matching cerakoted slide. The color match is exact and compared to the last run of grey Glocks, the grey is lighter and lacking the bluish tinge. Almost looks like duct tape. I like it and I think I'll be picking one up. They also had an FDE framed G42 that looked pretty good.

*Edit- I'm starting to think it was a cerakoted frame, too. They had it listed as new, but I cannot find anything about these anywhere. I'll double-check tomorrow.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got a G19 gen 4 full fde and planning to get a G42 fde also.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Went back and looked it over. When I saw the metal serial plate was the same color as the frame, my cerakote suspicion was tipped. Put a legit grey framed gen 4 G19 on layaway instead. Looking forward to my first gen 4.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Went back and looked it over. When I saw the metal serial plate was the same color as the frame, my cerakote suspicion was tipped. Put a legit grey framed gen 4 G19 on layaway instead. Looking forward to my first gen 4.

Good eye and a wise decision... Big Grin
I have no use for cerakote.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Added another G19...

Posts: 423 | Location: Highlands Ranch, CO | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 43 bought today. Now for holsters!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a love hate relationship with the G19. Every year I sell or trade one in, and a year later I end up picking one up again.

Posts: 96 | Registered: February 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

Good eye and a wise decision... Big Grin
I have no use for cerakote.

Thanks, and yeah, I personally don't want cerakote on my Glocks.

I have to say, I got to shoot a Gen 4 19 for the first time about a month ago and I really liked it, even without any backstrap inserts. Very different, more compact feel compared to my Glocks, especially with the Gripforce adapters. I get why so many longtime Glock folks love it. I'm really looking forward to picking it up. Interested to see how the factory beavertails compare in feel to a gen 2 and 3 19, each with a Gripforce.

quote:
Originally posted by padronanniversary:
I have a love hate relationship with the G19. Every year I sell or trade one in, and a year later I end up picking one up again.

Which variants have you owned?

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I will buy a Glock...what, yet another one?

Still waiting for our G40s to show, then I'll decide what I'll pick up next. I'd also like to add a butt plain, basic black Gen4 G19 as well. For me it never really ends when it comes to Glocks.

The G43 I picked up last weekend is quite the decent shooter. Far easier to work with first time out than it was with my XDS a couple of yrs ago, and no need to use a finger hold on the trigger that's different than any other Glock I shoot, unlike what I find that I must do with the Springfield to shoot with any sort of consistent accuracy. I like this Austrian single stack a lot, far more than I thought I would. But from the range session those sharp nubs of plastic on the fronts of both of the flush and extended mag bases were very annoying, probably left over during the mold process.

First mod performed...wet/dry sandpaper to those damn nubs. Ordering the +1 bases from Taran is next. After 1000 rds or so and I'm satisfied that the thing works right, my plan is to then send the slide out for a far better rust-resistant finish than what the factory is capable of now that the use Tenifer is history. Something jet black would be ideal. I'll then worry about updating the sights after that's done.

Always planning the next move...the way it is with me and my Glocks.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post