SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Yep, Added a G42 this past week..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
So I bought myself a Gen 4 Glock 19. Then about a month later a Gen 4 Glock 17 came along. And during the first week of September my Gen 4 Glock 26 will be arriving.

I tried to stay away but they are so good. I am already scheming on how to get myself a Glock 34.

Posts: 2233 | Registered: January 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 6-7 glock 19s.

With the alaska jobs on the horizon, im thinking more about my 20 and 29, thinking I need to get some holsters made and get a backup for each pistol.

Love me some glock.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tecumseh:
So I bought myself a Gen 4 Glock 19. Then about a month later a Gen 4 Glock 17 came along. And during the first week of September my Gen 4 Glock 26 will be arriving.

I tried to stay away but they are so good. I am already scheming on how to get myself a Glock 34.

And afterwards, you'll decide you need to add a second caliber of Glocks. Big Grin

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
I'm not saying I'm going to buy a glock but if I did which g19 is the one that most want gen. 3 ???

Depends. Do the G19's finger grooves fit you? If not, you want a Gen 2, since those don't have finger grooves. The Gen 2s don't have a light rail, though. If the finger grooves do fit you, then your choice is between a Gen 3 and Gen 4. Some folks prefer the older Gen 3. However, I think the Gen 4 has some important advantages:

1) Gen 4s have a larger magazine release, which I find is easier to manipulate than the smaller release on the Gen 1/2/3. It's also reversible, if you happen to be left-handed.
2) Gen 4s have more aggressive grip texturing. I find the texture on the earlier Gens to be too slippery, and it requires the addition of something like skateboard tape to add texture. But the Gen 4's grip texture is just right.
3) Gen 4s have interchangeable and removable backstraps, which allow you to modify the thickness of the grip to suit your hand. And the Gen 4 without any backstraps installed is slightly thinner than the grip on the Gen 3 Glocks, which is good if you have small hands.
4) Gen 4s have a redesigned dual recoil spring, which results in slightly less felt recoil.

So I'd recommend either a Gen 2 (if the finger grooves don't suit you) or a Gen 4 (if they do).

Thank you very much, that was a big helpSmile now I need to go handle some.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
Isn't there a Gen 2.5 with no finger grooves but with a light rail?

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bashman:

It would be the opposite, finger grooves with no light rail and on the baby Glocks the finger grooves had no checkering.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
Originally posted by bashman:

It would be the opposite, finger grooves with no light rail and on the baby Glocks the finger grooves had no checkering.

"Gen 2.5" is an unofficial designation that merely denotes early G26s and G27s whose finger grooves had no checkering. Officially, they're still Gen 3s, though. None of the subcompact Glocks have a rail. And there were no Gen 2 subcompacts.

There's no similar "Gen 2.5" compact or full-sized Glock with textureless grooves and no light rail. And there are no factory Glocks with a light rail but no finger grooves, though some folks have chosen to sand down the finger grooves on their Gen 3 and Gen 4 compact/full-sized Glocks to achieve that combination of features.

"Gen 2.5" G26:

Gen 3 G26:

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Com 45acp
posted Hide Post
Absolutely love my Glock 26. Couldn't live without it.

Posts: 521 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
There's no similar "Gen 2.5" compact or full-sized Glock with textureless grooves and no light rail.

Not textureless, no. But I have seen talk online of some of the big boy Glocks being released in a 2.5 format with finger grooves and no rail. And a quick search did yield some examples of some "2.5" 20's and 21's.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
There are also lots of Gen 3 G29s and G30s in that configuration. Those models were released in 1997 in Gen 3 configuration, but didn't get light rails added until mid-2005.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Damn. Now I'm fighting off the hankering for a gen 2.5 10mm. Either size would be ok with me. Razz

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
I have three Glocks, but I don't fondle them at night and they have no names.

My three Glocks, and my Springfield XD are my only plastic frame guns.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have now and have had in the past, bunches of Glocks, and they all have the same name, Reliable.

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Uncle Malice
posted Hide Post
Got my slide back from Robar. I believe I probably have the first Gray Glock with NP3 slide in the country. Neat. It turned out pretty sick.

Posts: 532 | Registered: August 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
How long did it take to get back??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Uncle Malice
posted Hide Post
I dropped it off the day after I picked it up... and I bought it the day the guns were released... I want to say it was like.. July 10th? Something like that... it was about 3 weeks.

I'm local though, so I dropped it off right in the office. no shipping times for me. They called me late yesterday afternoon to let me know it was ready.

Posts: 532 | Registered: August 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
thanks

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Malice:
I dropped it off the day after I picked it up... and I bought it the day the guns were released... I want to say it was like.. July 10th? Something like that... it was about 3 weeks.

I'm local though, so I dropped it off right in the office. no shipping times for me. They called me late yesterday afternoon to let me know it was ready.

it looks great congrats

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Malice:
Got my slide back from Robar. I believe I probably have the first Gray Glock with NP3 slide in the country. Neat. It turned out pretty sick.

I usually prefer all black but that does look nice!

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post