SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terra:
just installed a factory smooth trigger on my Gen4 19. I loved it so much on my 17, I figured it would be a wise investment. I cannot believe the 19 didn't come with it from the factory, It's a noticeable improvement (At least to me).

^ I concur...
I put smooth triggers on all of my compact and subcompact Glocks..

Thankfully the G42 came with one... Big Grin
My only USA made Glock..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1lowlife, does that Vickers mag release fit the 43 also, or is it 42 specific?

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
The mags on the 43 are different, 9x19 is longer overall than .380.

Posts: 17122 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The mag release is not interchangeable between the 42 and 43. But there's also an extended Vickers mag release for the 43: https://tangodown.com/shop/vic...ne-catch-gmr-006-43/

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've bought 3-17,26,42 and sold 3.

Posts: 269 | Location: Central Nebraska | Registered: April 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Which 3 did you sell?

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
17-26-42

Posts: 269 | Location: Central Nebraska | Registered: April 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwarner:
17-26-42

I dated that girl.

I think she was Egyptian.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I doubled my Glock collection yesterday. I bought a gen 3 Glock 35. It is my first ever .40 S&W handgun. My other Glock is a G20 SF.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of g26s239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
17-26-42

I dated that girl.

https://youtu.be/Cv6tuzHUuuk

Posts: 1284 | Registered: September 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChicagoSpike
posted Hide Post
Well, I always said I would never buy/own a Glock. To me, they are the Volvo of the gun world. Boxy, ugly but dependable. But, I now find myself with a Gen3 G22 LEO edition that used to be on the duty belt of my younger brother. His department are going to new Gen4 9mm and I couldn't pass the deal up. I've shot the G22 long ago, probably a Gen2 and it shot nice enough. Now I get to try the 3 as soon as I get down to see my brother. Oh well, Jamais dis jamais

Posts: 76 | Location: St Charles, IL | Registered: February 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

The first time I saw this thread the words "no way" came out of my mouth. Things didn't go as planned Wink

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I just came home with a brand new Glock G19 Gen4 that I got in a trade.Brand new in box.
Yahoooooooooooooo!!

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I'm not saying I'm going to buy a glock but if I did which g19 is the one that most want gen. 3 ???

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
I'm not saying I'm going to buy a glock but if I did which g19 is the one that most want gen. 3 ???

Depends. Do the G19's finger grooves fit you? If not, you want a Gen 2, since those don't have finger grooves. The Gen 2s don't have a light rail, though. If the finger grooves do fit you, then your choice is between a Gen 3 and Gen 4. Some folks prefer the older Gen 3. However, I think the Gen 4 has some important advantages:

1) Gen 4s have a larger magazine release, which I find is easier to manipulate than the smaller release on the Gen 1/2/3. It's also reversible, if you happen to be left-handed.
2) Gen 4s have more aggressive grip texturing. I find the texture on the earlier Gens to be too slippery, and it requires the addition of something like skateboard tape to add texture. But the Gen 4's grip texture is just right.
3) Gen 4s have interchangeable and removable backstraps, which allow you to modify the thickness of the grip to suit your hand. And the Gen 4 without any backstraps installed is slightly thinner than the grip on the Gen 3 Glocks, which is good if you have small hands.
4) Gen 4s have a redesigned dual recoil spring, which results in slightly less felt recoil.

So I'd recommend either a Gen 2 (if the finger grooves don't suit you) or a Gen 4 (if they do).

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
17-26-42

I dated that girl.

Those would be some hot numbers. You can always buy boobs if it works out.

Posts: 565 | Location: Gun Town, USA  | Registered: September 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSpike:
Well, I always said I would never buy/own a Glock. To me, they are the Volvo of the gun world. Boxy, ugly but dependable. But, I now find myself with a Gen3 G22 LEO edition that used to be on the duty belt of my younger brother. His department are going to new Gen4 9mm and I couldn't pass the deal up. I've shot the G22 long ago, probably a Gen2 and it shot nice enough. Now I get to try the 3 as soon as I get down to see my brother. Oh well, Jamais dis jamais

^ Someone needs to buy a G31 barrel for his G22..
You can run 357sig using your G22 mags... Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:

Depends. Do the G19's finger grooves fit you? If not, you want a Gen 2, since those don't have finger grooves. The Gen 2s don't have a light rail, though. If the finger grooves do fit you, then your choice is between a Gen 3 and Gen 4. Some folks prefer the older Gen 3. However, I think the Gen 4 has some important advantages:

1) Gen 4s have a larger magazine release, which I find is easier to manipulate than the smaller release on the Gen 1/2/3. It's also reversible, if you happen to be left-handed.
2) Gen 4s have more aggressive grip texturing. I find the texture on the earlier Gens to be too slippery, and it requires the addition of something like skateboard tape to add texture. But the Gen 4's grip texture is just right.
3) Gen 4s have interchangeable and removable backstraps, which allow you to modify the thickness of the grip to suit your hand. And the Gen 4 without any backstraps installed is slightly thinner than the grip on the Gen 3 Glocks, which is good if you have small hands.
4) Gen 4s have a redesigned dual recoil spring, which results in slightly less felt recoil.

So I'd recommend either a Gen 2 (if the finger grooves don't suit you) or a Gen 4 (if they do).

^ This is GREAT advice...
I concur 100%.... Wink

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's true. You will buy a Glock. Sold two 17s, and swore I'd not get another. Went to the store for an XDS and ended up with an FDE gen 3 19. You will buy a Glock.

Posts: 33 | Location: Henderson KY | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigNutP225
posted Hide Post
Well, I joined the ranks also. Bought a G19 Gen 3. I shoot it better than my M&P9. I am ashamed of myself.

Posts: 738 | Registered: February 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post