SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Handled a G43 for the first time today at a shop. It's bigger than I thought it would be. It's noticeably larger than the G42. I don't know that it's a size of pistol that serves a purpose for me. I know .380 turns a lot of folks off, but for the size, how easy and fun it is to shoot, and how concealable it is, I think I really like the G42 as my mini Glock. I think I may skip the G43 and pick up a G26 instead.

I actually got the G43 to replace my Sig P239.
A dear friend tried mine out and she would not part with it. She paid handsomely for the gun and 4 extra mags and Remora holsters and mag pouches.
Who was I to say no?? Smile

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TX2KS
posted Hide Post
Recently picked up a Gen 4 G19. My first "new" Glock in a looong time. I like the upgrades, but the new flat black finish is horrible. It's been holstered like 5 times and looks like I've holstered it 500 times. What gives?

I am thoroughly convinced that I will just buy Glocks from now on. I know I know, ballsy. But they seriously work for me, I know how to do everything to them, parts are cheap. Title of the thread should read, "You will buy a Glock. I mean, you will buy a TON of Glocks!"

Posts: 468 | Location: TX | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kone
posted Hide Post
Well, no sooner than I got my NV DL, I went and bought a GLOCK 43. This thing is small as opposed to my 26. And another thing that I noticed is that there are finger grooves on it, another +!

NRA Life Member

Dan Wesson CBOB 1911
Remington 1911 Government R1
Glock 43 BFG w/ICE Claw night sights
Glock 19 Gen 5
Colt LE6920CMP-OD bullet button removed
Mossberg 500 20g 18.5
Mossberg 590 Shockwave 20g
Mossberg 500 12g 20
Mossberg 930 HD 18.5

Posts: 352 | Location: Near Northtown, Nevada | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TX2KS:
Recently picked up a Gen 4 G19. My first "new" Glock in a looong time. I like the upgrades, but the new flat black finish is horrible. It's been holstered like 5 times and looks like I've holstered it 500 times. What gives?

Curious. Is your Gen 4 an Austrian or USA built gun? I recently picked up a Gen 4 (Austrian built) and didn't notice any difference in the finish vs the Gen 3 I had previously. I didn't know if this had to do with where they were built/assembled?

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Trying to decide whether to snag one of those gray 19's, or look at picking up an original RTF2. I had a G22, I wouldn't mind a G23, or a 19 or a 17. Hell, there's even a police trade-in 21 SF RTF2 on an auction site I'm eyeballing, even though I don't want to buy more mags and keep stocking .45 ACP. Dammit.

I don't need another one, but I'm surely looking to move some other gear to acquire another one, a new one, something slightly different. It's a disease, I say.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kone:
Well, no sooner than I got my NV DL, I went and bought a GLOCK 43. This thing is small as opposed to my 26. And another thing that I noticed is that there are finger grooves on it, another +!

You got finger grooves??

Picture of TX2KS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terra:
quote:
Originally posted by TX2KS:

Curious. Is your Gen 4 an Austrian or USA built gun? I recently picked up a Gen 4 (Austrian built) and didn't notice any difference in the finish vs the Gen 3 I had previously. I didn't know if this had to do with where they were built/assembled?

USA built. Gen 4. Test fire date 4/2015. I like this finish more, however it is not as durable as the shinier ones. Here's a short video that does a good job talking about the finish differences. http://youtu.be/dVMhYcn5ddc

Posts: 468 | Location: TX | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:

You got finger grooves??

...there are NO finger grooves...

Thanks for that! Just too happy I guess Smile

NRA Life Member

Dan Wesson CBOB 1911
Remington 1911 Government R1
Glock 43 BFG w/ICE Claw night sights
Glock 19 Gen 5
Colt LE6920CMP-OD bullet button removed
Mossberg 500 20g 18.5
Mossberg 590 Shockwave 20g
Mossberg 500 12g 20
Mossberg 930 HD 18.5

Posts: 352 | Location: Near Northtown, Nevada | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:

You got finger grooves??

...there are NO finger grooves...

Thanks for that! Just too happy I guess Smile

Mine does not have them ( thankfully) but I wondered how come yours did. Poser solved.
Be well

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

Glocks are like KISS records in closets or attics. Most people have them but won't talk about them unless they know they're amongst friends.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anybody here have the new Magpul Glock 17rd Mags? I know, I know, factory mags are not that much more but I was curious if anybody has used/own the magpul ones. I just haven't seen anything (good/bad) in these forums. Thank you.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anybody here have the new Magpul Glock 17rd Mags? I know, I know, factory mags are not that much more but I was curious if anybody has used/own the magpul ones. I just haven't seen anything (good/bad) in these forums. Thank you.

I have not bought any, but a few guys on my other forum bought them and had no issues with them...

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glocks are like KISS records in closets or attics. Most people have them but won't talk about them unless they know they're amongst friends.

That's not been my experience. Far too often the rabid Glock fan is WAY too eager to share his 411 about the guns. Embarrassing and awkward, even to a Glockaholic like myself.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:

I have not bought any, but a few guys on my other forum bought them and had no issues with them...

I know they had some issues when they first came out and believe they were recalling them. Not sure if they got the issues worked out or not.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
To be honest, now that I'm seeing actual in-hand shots of the gray Glocks, I'm not as big a fan. Looks a bit too blueish/purpleish for my taste.

Still, it's nice to have options.

The pics kinda look like that to me as well, but in person I didnt see it. Just a dark flat gray. I want one for sure. I can't decide if I want to get a 19 or a 17.....

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2495 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pepsiblue:

The pics kinda look like that to me as well, but in person I didnt see it. Just a dark flat gray. I want one for sure. I can't decide if I want to get a 19 or a 17.....

I'd like to see one with a nickel boron slide...

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I just sold a Glock 23. Hurt to let it go..

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can't post I sold on a 'you will buy' thread Smile
Been so happy with my G34 MOS (which is replacing my bridge carver mount steel G34 gun) that I got a backup one. new RMR on the way for Monday.
Only project is finding sights that will cowitness as finding the dot on an RMR is way harder than an aimpoint. FWIW>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
You can't post I sold on a 'you will buy' thread Smile

Technically, he can. Because he did buy a Glock. He just sold it later.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
I just sold a Glock 23. Hurt to let it go..

My brother's 23 hurts to shoot. (Maybe I've got a defective finger?)
Somehow, that doesn't keep me from daydreaming about a 27. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post