SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Lets see I have a G36...its ok but have mag issues

a tricked out G21sf for competition and a G21 gen4
I only got the gen 4 because Im in CA and gen4 glocks sell for around $1000. I paid under retail

Posts: 34 | Location: San Diego CA | Registered: July 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
if I get a Gen 2 19, I can then use the Gen 4 Mags with it??

Correct. Or Gen 1 mags, or Gen 2 mags, or Gen 3 mags.

Any generation of G19 mag will work in any generation of G19 handgun.

With the only exception being if you've got a gen 4 and have switched the mag release over to the right side of the pistol (which is a feature new to the Gen 4), in which case you must use a Gen 4 mag since it has the mag catch cutout on both sides.

Smudge, thank you. I appreciate your help.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any generation of G19 mag will work in any generation of G19 handgun.

Though some work better than others. Aside from the Gen4/switched mag catch scenario that P220 Smudge pointed out, early mags tended to bulge and not drop freely. I still have a few of those I keep for posterity and as a fallback, but generally they've been 'retired' and I don't use them.

quote:
I had my Gen 3 G19 trigger undercut and still didn't care for it.
Traded it for a WG P226.
I just can't do the finger grooves on a Gen 3/4 G19.

I too don't like the finger grooves. If you went to the trouble of increasing the size of the undercut in the trigger guard, I'm surprised that you didn't have the finger ridges ground down and the front strap retextured as well.

For me the Pachmayr grip glove sleeve is my best bud. It may twist around a bit (carefully applied rubber cement helps some in curbing that annoyance), but all in all it allows me not to fret over those finger ridges forcing me to hold where Glock thinks I should hold. The only downside for me is needing to replace them every couple of years or so on my carry gun as its rubber material wears down.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
quote:
KHolm, that G42 looks pretty sweet in two tone with the CPII. I've been toying with the idea of it, but haven't really seen any pics of a G42 in CPII. That does it. I gotta do it now. Big Grin

You're absolutely welcome! Advise a brutha if you want anymore pictures. I put 150rds through it late yesterday and it is buttery smooth. It's really growing on me. I think all I want to do now is an NDZ grip plug and a connector, but the trigger is already fantastic! It carries so well in Dustin's holster and I don't think I can do any better personally. When I took it to my LGS for the sight install, it sparked immediate interest for CPII, so Mary, if you're watching, I may need some of your business cards! Smile

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nice looking 42! what make holster is that with it?

quote:
Originally posted by KHolm:
My little "Bad Boys" Glock 42 wearing some new Trijicon HD's, smoothed out with some CCR CPII and carried in my OHC IWB. I did it. I done f****ng bought a Glock.

Posts: 276 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cgff:
nice looking 42! what make holster is that with it?

quote:
My little "Bad Boys" Glock 42 wearing some new Trijicon HD's, smoothed out with some CCR CPII and carried in my OHC IWB. I did it. I done f****ng bought a Glock.

For an Iowegian, you do have some soul. Cool

Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
Big Grin. We're not all Idiots Out Wandering Around, Hal!

cgff, The holster is from Dustin with Ozarks Holster Co, a true mensch and forum vendor/member. It's superb in every way!

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3850028862

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had my Gen 3 G19 trigger undercut and still didn't care for it.
Traded it for a WG P226.
I just can't do the finger grooves on a Gen 3/4 G19.

quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
I too don't like the finger grooves. If you went to the trouble of increasing the size of the undercut in the trigger guard, I'm surprised that you didn't have the finger ridges ground down and the front strap retextured as well.

For me the Pachmayr grip glove sleeve is my best bud. It may twist around a bit (carefully applied rubber cement helps some in curbing that annoyance), but all in all it allows me not to fret over those finger ridges forcing me to hold where Glock thinks I should hold. The only downside for me is needing to replace them every couple of years or so on my carry gun as its rubber material wears down.

I though about getting the finger grooves removed, but made the deal on the P226.
I was already on the search for a Gen 2 G19 to go with my Gen 2 G17.

I tried the grip glove, before trading that Gen 3 off, but it made the grip too thick for my liking.

I have no issue with the finger grooves or trigger guard on a full sized Glock or my Gen 2.5 G26 and G33.

But the compact frame and fingers grooves just don't fit in my hand..
I'd like a Gen 3 G32, but I'd have to get those grooves removed.. Mad

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
I have no issue with the finger grooves or trigger guard on a full sized Glock or my Gen 2.5 G26 and G33.

I'm the same way. Both the full-sized and subcompact Glocks have more generous finger groove spacing, while the mid-sized compact Glocks like the G19/23/32 have grooves that are squeezed in more tightly, which crowds the fingers together and makes them uncomfortable for folks like me with big hands.

quote:
But the compact frame and fingers grooves just don't fit in my hand..
I'd like a Gen 3 G32, but I'd have to get those grooves removed.. Mad

Luckily, the Gen 2 Glocks don't have finger grooves. While there weren't any Gen 2 G32s, you could buy a Gen 2 G23 in .40 and just drop in a Gen 3 G32 .357 barrel. A Gen 4 barrel won't work in a Gen 2, though. Everything besides the barrel is the same between the .40 and .357 Glocks, and Gen 3 parts will work in later production Gen 2 guns like the G23. (Earlier production Gen 2s, mainly G17s and G19s, may have some parts that don't interchange with Gen 3 parts.)

That way, you won't have to modify the frame of a Gen 3/Gen 4 G32, which costs money (to send it off to a pro) and voids the warranty.

The only downsides to the Gen 2s are the lack of a light rail, which is not an issue for some folks, and the less "grippy" grip texture, which is easily fixed with some decal grips/skateboard tape/etc.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:

cgff, The holster is from Dustin with Ozarks Holster Co, a true mensch and forum vendor/member. It's superb in every way!

I just got one in OD from Dustin for the G43. If it works out, I will get one for the G42.

My wife and I will be in Pella for the Labor Day week (from labor day to wed. ) email me with contact info if you want to have lunch or something.
Be well

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Luckily, the Gen 2 Glocks don't have finger grooves. While there weren't any Gen 2 G32s, you could buy a Gen 2 G23 in .40 and just drop in a Gen 3 G32 .357 barrel. A Gen 4 barrel won't work in a Gen 2, though. Everything besides the barrel is the same between the .40 and .357 Glocks, and Gen 3 parts will work in later production Gen 2 guns like the G23. (Earlier production Gen 2s, mainly G17s and G19s, may have some parts that don't interchange with Gen 3 parts.)

That way, you won't have to modify the frame of a Gen 3/Gen 4 G32, which costs money (to send it off to a pro) and voids the warranty.

The only downsides to the Gen 2s are the lack of a light rail, which is not an issue for some folks, and the less "grippy" grip texture, which is easily fixed with some decal grips/skateboard tape/etc.

Glock does not recommend running 357sig in a non-finger grooved and rail-less Gen 2 frame.
I bought a Gen 2 G22 with intention of getting a G31 barrel for it.
But when I called Glock, they told me it was not recommended.
It even reads on the Glock parts order form that they require a frame serial number to buy a G31 or G32 barrel.
I know I could buy a barrel elsewhere, but I'd rather not take the chance on a Gen 2 running 357sig being it is not recommend by the manufacturer.

Glock Parts Order Form

Barrel G31, G31C, G32, G32C:
.357 Auto (cannot be used on non-Finger Groove & Rail frames - serial # required)

I like that Gen 2 don't have rails..
I like that my favorite Sigs don't have rails.
I also have no issue with the Gen 2 grip, and I dislike the aggressive texture of a Gen 4 grip..
I would never put stick on grip tape on any handgun I own, nor would I use a pin on back-strap.
I've tried stick on grips as well as a grip force adapter and Gen 4 backstraps, didn't like either.
Just my personal preference...

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:

I just got one in OD from Dustin for the G43. If it works out, I will get one for the G42.

My wife and I will be in Pella for the Labor Day week (from labor day to wed. ) email me with contact info if you want to have lunch or something.
Be well

Cheers! I will do so and am honored to meet you all. Email inbound. I'm sure you'll enjoy Dustin's holster. I know I sure do.

Human, All
Too Human
posted Hide Post
After more than a few Gen 2 and 3 Glocks, I bought my very first Gen 4 today. It's a 17.

I probably didn't 'need' another Glock, but I had a GSSF coupon burning a hole in my pocket.

I'm kinda liking it. Might just get a Gen 4 19 too!

Posts: 978 | Location: Ohio | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm back in the cult. Got a great deal on a Glock 35. I've got a grip force adaptor on order, but I've got a question.

What's your favorite drop in trigger for the Glock? Apex is almost required for an M&P, but I don't read a lot of info on Glock triggers.

What's your pick?

Posts: 4156 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Hahahaha

"A" glock....

hahahah

you will buy many...

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Well, I'm back in the cult. Got a great deal on a Glock 35. I've got a grip force adaptor on order, but I've got a question.

What's your favorite drop in trigger for the Glock? Apex is almost required for an M&P, but I don't read a lot of info on Glock triggers.

What's your pick?

Stock trigger with a 25 cent trigger job/polish.
If you'd like perhaps another connector to get the trigger pull weight you desire.

Some like ZEV Technologies triggers and parts for their overkill project guns.. Big Grin

Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
The Suarez flat trigger and Travis Haley Skimmer Triggers are both superb. Very little pre travel on the Skimmer and none on the Suarez. Suarez feels like a heavy 1911 with a longer reset. Perfect for carry without a manual safety.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
The new G43 hit the range today and was stellar in its performance. A perfect companion to the G43. I do like the pinky tuck mags better than the extended.

Now a quest for a G19 - 2/

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Handled a G43 for the first time today at a shop. It's bigger than I thought it would be. It's noticeably larger than the G42. I don't know that it's a size of pistol that serves a purpose for me. I know .380 turns a lot of folks off, but for the size, how easy and fun it is to shoot, and how concealable it is, I think I really like the G42 as my mini Glock. I think I may skip the G43 and pick up a G26 instead.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Handled a G43 for the first time today at a shop. It's bigger than I thought it would be. It's noticeably larger than the G42. I don't know that it's a size of pistol that serves a purpose for me. I know .380 turns a lot of folks off, but for the size, how easy and fun it is to shoot, and how concealable it is, I think I really like the G42 as my mini Glock. I think I may skip the G43 and pick up a G26 instead.

^ I think that is a fair assessment..
I'm a huge Glock fan-boi.
Only bought a G42 because it fit the wife's needs.
I've handled a G43 and have no use for it.
My Kahr CM9 is perfect for summer owb and almost suitable for pocket carry.
My Kahr CM380 is the perfect pocket carry gun.

If it was between the G43 and G26 for IWB or OWB carry, the G26 is in for the win..
Just MHO.....