SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Darn...This thing is nearly at 1,000,000 views...does the Odometer roll over? Smile

It may trigger a y2k type glitch in the sigforum matrix mainframe sending us back to the stone age. is there an SOP in the handbook we read before signing the waivers?

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Whtwolf14
posted Hide Post
Picked up my G30s yesterday. I like it a lot, and it fits perfectly in my Dale Fricke Archangel, and slapped some WT's. She's ready...

What I noticed the most was the balance of it. Not bad...look forward to putting some rounds through her.

Posts: 4281 | Location: Mountains....lots of Mountains.... | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Perseverence pays off !

Some may recall from page 289 of this thread that I had bought a 1989, Gen2, Glock 19 but upon close examination it turned out to have frame cracks directly behind the locking block.
Although I stress relieved the area and the cracks showed no indication of progressing, it soured my experience and I got rid of the pistol.

I have still kept up the search for a clean Gen 2, G19 for the past year or so but after wading though several beat to crap examples, one with a cracked magwell that was priced upwards of $525 I finally ended up with a SIG P320 Compact to fulfil my polymer pistol needs (the P320 is a great pistol BTW).

As fate would have it, today while looking for a Commander sized 9mm 1911 style pistol, I ran across a near pristine, late 1994, Gen 2, G19 with two mags.
The price was right ($430 incl tax) and I now have a FAR better example than what I had originally purchased.
Also noted, was the factory had already stress relieved the area where the cracks in the 1989 G19 had occurred, so that is an issue I should not have to worry about in the future.

Probably will get a 'spring kit' just to be safe before firing it, although the pistol really does not appear to have been used very much.

Smile

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Darn...This thing is nearly at 1,000,000 views...does the Odometer roll over? Smile

It may trigger a y2k type glitch in the sigforum matrix mainframe sending us back to the stone age.

Yes and the thread title will then become "You WILL trade your threatening grunts for a club".

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought Glock #13 on April 2; a lightly used gen. II Glock 26. On Wednesday, my first Glock, a model 31, was returned to me four years, one month, and sixteen days later. It had been stolen from me during a burglary. By Sunday my son had talked me out of it. Friday I went back to the same shop and bought #14, a gen. II Glock 17.

I also put a Shield 9mm without the safety on lay-a-way.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up a Gen 4 Glock 17. It is my first Gen 4. I will run it naked without an extra grip panel added on. The short-frame version is handy.

Posts: 775 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
I did buy a Glock and I really liked my Glock, its just I love SIG's and the Glock was traded in on a new P229.

I wouldn't have a problem buying another one sometime down the line.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Who did the work?

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Cold Bore Customs

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. G17 two days ago.

Posts: 104 | Registered: February 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
G43 last Thursday. Apparently I can't get enough.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
Apparently I can't get enough.
You're a glumphomaniac.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello, my name is Tower Rat, I have a few Glorps and I can't stop saving up for another. I'm here for help Frown Please help, I don't need another lightweight, reliable, interchangeable, accurate handgun. Maybe just a G26 then I promise I'll stop.... Big Grin

Posts: 565 | Location: Gun Town, USA  | Registered: September 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
My G17 and G26 might end up with a G43 keeping them company once I can scratch up the cash.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
Apparently I can't get enough.
You're a glumphomaniac.

And damn proud of it, sir!

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I caved and ordered one from Bud's. Hopefully the wait isn't too long.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
My wife shot my G42.
She just ordered one for herself.
She did it all by herself.
Extra mags, holster, bore store, everything without me.
I feel abused and deserted. Frown

She copied my "Favorites" and off she went.

I am going to buy a G19 and not tell her.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auxiliaryjohn
posted Hide Post
Excellent!!! yes...you will fit in nicely. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Tower Rat:
Hello, my name is Tower Rat, I have a few Glorps and I can't stop saving up for another. I'm here for help Frown Please help, I don't need another lightweight, reliable, interchangeable, accurate handgun. Maybe just a G26 then I promise I'll stop.... Big Grin

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll kill you all.
US Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Posts: 2262 | Location: Dothan, AL | Registered: August 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:

That sir, is outstanding. How long was the wait to get it back? I have a G 19 that I would love to get that exact work done on.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post