SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
and I did.... I never figured I would own a strike fire. Loved my Hk and my P228. Then I dabbled with the idea. Bought two M&Ps so I wouldn't buy a glock. Then S&W would not make enough mags so I could not buy an extra mag for over 6 months!

Bought a g19 gen4 in FDE and I have enjoyed it. Every time I go back to my HK I say to myself- this gun sits so high in my hand. My g19 is not nearly as nice to hold as the P2000, but I have a ton of mags and a couple 33 rounders. Cannot go wrong with that. I bought a glock and I thought I never would!

Saved to live, live to serve!

Posts: 50 | Location: Hibbing, MN | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G19 on it's way. I love my Sigs. P245, P239 and M11-A1 but finally had to get a Glock so I can see what this is all about. What pushed me over the line was the You Tube video detail stripping the Glock. Looks crazy easy. I don't like the detail strip on my Sig slides. Drive that pin out with a hammer. Then put new pin in to reassemble! I don't detail the slides unless it has been a long time. no real need to anyway. Sigs go bang every time! Love Sigs.

Posts: 19 | Location: central wisconsin | Registered: April 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by birdog4549:
G19 on it's way. I love my Sigs. P245, P239 and M11-A1 but finally had to get a Glock so I can see what this is all about. What pushed me over the line was the You Tube video detail stripping the Glock. Looks crazy easy. I don't like the detail strip on my Sig slides. Drive that pin out with a hammer. Then put new pin in to reassemble! I don't detail the slides unless it has been a long time. no real need to anyway. Sigs go bang every time! Love Sigs.

This..

To this...

In this, under 2 minutes... Big Grin

I bought a couple Glocks the last few years... Roll Eyes

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
lowlife...
Good thing it was a 2 pin model or that sub 2 minutes would have...... Big Grin

Is that a 17 or your 21?

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just bought my second Glock, a Gen3 21. It's like holding a brick, but the damn thing has no recoil and shoots great. I love it.

Posts: 191 | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
lowlife...

Is that a 17 or your 21?

Ha, I didn't think of that..... Big Grin

Pretty sure that my G17..

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
lowlife...

Is that a 17 or your 21?

Ha, I didn't think of that..... Big Grin

Pretty sure that my G17..

NOW time yourself putting it back together Smile

Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
Yes I bought a Glock, lots and lots of them unfortunately. They don't fit my hands all that well either, but their attributes outweighed the negatives for my intended use. The somewhere along the way, I decided to make it fit my hand better..Smile

Don't get me wrong I like my Sigs also, and the new 320 has my eye. Overall as a simple, efficient, reliable, duty weapon, the Glock is hard to beat.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I sent in my G29. Glock called me back and said it had a cracked locking block. They fixed and are sending it back to me. I'm happy with the customer service, although I wish they paid for shipping the way Sig does. Has anyone else had the issue of a cracked locking block?

Posts: 124 | Location: Massachusetts  | Registered: May 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jbrody10:
So I sent in my G29. Glock called me back and said it had a cracked locking block. They fixed and are sending it back to me. I'm happy with the customer service, although I wish they paid for shipping the way Sig does. Has anyone else had the issue of a cracked locking block?

While not a common occurrence, it does happen from time to time with Glocks. I have seen it on every caliber glock out there so no need to worry just because yours is a 10mm.

If you going to keep your 29, go to Glockparts.com, Brownells.com or any parts distributor and purchase a new one to have on hand. They are about 30 bucks and takes about 2 minutes to put one in. There are things that might require a trip back to Smyrna for, typically, most repairs can be done without the hassle. That is one of the major benefits of the Glock platform, ease of maintenance and not having to rely on the manufacturer.

I keep enough parts on hand to completely rebuild every glock I own. Every one of those parts can just be dropped in, without fitting. I carry a small baggie with every internal part for my weapon when I'm on duty. It fits neatly in a shirt pocket. Smile

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texaspoff:
quote:

While not a common occurrence, it does happen from time to time with Glocks. I have seen it on every caliber glock out there so no need to worry just because yours is a 10mm.

If you going to keep your 29, go to Glockparts.com, Brownells.com or any parts distributor and purchase a new one to have on hand. They are about 30 bucks and takes about 2 minutes to put one in. There are things that might require a trip back to Smyrna for, typically, most repairs can be done without the hassle. That is one of the major benefits of the Glock platform, ease of maintenance and not having to rely on the manufacturer.

I keep enough parts on hand to completely rebuild every glock I own, aside from frame, slide and barrel.

TXPO

I appreciate the feedback.

Posts: 124 | Location: Massachusetts  | Registered: May 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
TEXASPOF who did the work to your gen 4 Glock 19? What did the grip reduction cost? It's one of the cleanest I've seen.
Thanks.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

While not a common occurrence, it does happen from time to time with Glocks.

It's not uncommon, and it's usually the 10/.40 models as frame battering is excessive. The Gen4 dual recoil spring addresses this issue.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
TEXASPOF who did the work to your gen 4 Glock 19? What did the grip reduction cost? It's one of the cleanest I've seen.
Thanks.

I did...Coldborecustom.com

Yes I do Sigs also...Smile

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
oh wow... Thanks. I'll take a look...

posted Hide Post
Yeah I have a g19, g27, g30S and a g29 and love them all.

Posts: 31 | Registered: March 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
So, do we start a new thread called "You will buy ANOTHER GLOCK"?

I stop to pick up my Gen4 G21 today after work.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After getting out of the Glock game a while back, I've returned to the dark side...

This week I managed to acquire a 3rd generation 21 and a super clean 3rd generation 17 with the nickel boron slide. I can't believe how amazing the 17 feels in my hands currently. I swear they didn't fit my hands this well before.

I wanted to try a 4th generation but these two were more in the budget for now.

Nothing fancy, but I'm okay with that.

Untitled by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Untitled by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes I bought a Glock, lots and lots of them unfortunately. They don't fit my hands all that well either, but their attributes outweighed the negatives for my intended use. The somewhere along the way, I decided to make it fit my hand better..Smile

Don't get me wrong I like my Sigs also, and the new 320 has my eye. Overall as a simple, efficient, reliable, duty weapon, the Glock is hard to beat.

TXPO

Can you describe the work that you had done?
I'm on their site looking at the services now.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish that Glock would make frames without the finger grooves with texturing like the G42 & the new (YAY!) G43. They could keep the model designations but add N or NFG (for No Finger Grooves). Even though I currently have a 19, 21, 22, 23, 30S, and 42, I'd certainly buy a 19N, 21N, 22N... you get the idea.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LoboGunn,

Lobo Gunn

We live, we learn, we lead so that our children may become our Future.

Posts: 356 | Location: Gainesville, Florida | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post