SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScorpionBoy:
quote:
First was the G19, then it was the G26 and then the G17

this is how it happens.

Actually, a member posted some risqué pictures of how it REALLY happens. I can't remember who it was or if anyone has copies of the pics, but it was pretty damn funny.

I just came home today with my 5th Glock, a Gen4 G21 PSP trade in that I got a pretty decent deal from a what the hell bid on gunbroker.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why do I have to be Mr. Pink?
Picture of Jagman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
quote:
quote:

this is how it happens.

Actually, a member posted some risqué pictures of how it REALLY happens. I can't remember who it was or if anyone has copies of the pics, but it was pretty damn funny.

I just came home today with my 5th Glock, a Gen4 G21 PSP trade in that I got a pretty decent deal from a what the hell bid on gunbroker.

Sweet! Nicest shooting .45 on the market.

Posts: 3734 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: March 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too late for me, I already have five of the little rascals. Nothing wrong with the Gen 2 and 3 models.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

link

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I hope to add a Glock 27 soon. I've wanted a 26/27 for A LONG time now. T'will be my first Glock.

After that, well, after that I'll need to be careful Big Grin. They're contageous and I've been around them too much not to be infected yet.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
I hope to add a Glock 27 soon. I've wanted a 26/27 for A LONG time now. T'will be my first Glock.

After that, well, after that I'll need to be careful Big Grin. They're contageous and I've been around them too much not to be infected yet.

Buy a G33 barrel for that G27.
You can get a stock OEM G33 barrel from Lone Wolf Distributors.
Glock OEM Barrels
You can run 357sig using your G27 mags.
Warning:
You may never run 40cal thru it again after running 357sig... Big Grin

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
quote:
quote:

this is how it happens.

If I never see a PSP marked glock again it will be too soon. Our shop has transferred 200 or so of those by now to guys buying them back. Off topic as well, the p227 they bought all have serial numbers that start with PSP. I transferred one that was number 3 to a trooper who just retired that was number 3 in command.

Back on topic, saw I can get a gen 4 17 for 330 shipped from glock. Trying to resist. Have a few others and no idea what I'd do with this one. Maybe a plate gun for shits and giggles.

I've managed to convert 2 die hard xd fans in the shop to glocks. They have also seen the light.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alnamvet68
posted Hide Post
G19 Gen 3 here, and with the professional discount, it is a true bargain. Mine is stock with the larger factory slide release and "butt plug"...other than those add on's, it's simply perfect. Smile

I Don't Abide by Professional Throne Sniffers, Toilet Slaves, or Obsequious Servile Sycophants

Posts: 705 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:

I'm not so sure they are contagious.

However, I'd advise buying two to start. Leave them together in a dark box. In nine months, open the box. You will then see a third Glock next to the original two. Repeat as necessary. Razz

If you don't want to wait nine months, just buy one and shoot it. One is better than none. Smile

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:

Is that melted Glock really the result of a hot car ??
I ask because I leave my Styer in the car often when I can not carry it, and I kinda like it, and would hate to have it turn into a puddle. Yikes !

Big Grin

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
Never mind. I just did the research and learned about nylon 6 glass transition points, blah blah. M y Styer is likely safe. Crazy photo though

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
As you've discovered through your research, leaving a gun in a hot car won't hurt it. But the same is not true of Kydex holsters; leaving them in a hot car can cause them to warp.

Photos of melted polymer pistols, like that Glock, are usually a result of a house fire. One exception is the infamous photos of the French police officer's Sig SP2022. The story is that for some reason, he put in a 400 degree oven to dry off, and then got a phone call and forgot about it for 20 minutes.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgrdvm:
You cannot be serious.

Since 1982, Glock has produced in excess of 4 million pistols. You wanna maybe stop and think for a second?

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

The story is that for some reason, he put in a 400 degree oven to dry off, and then got a phone call and forgot about it for 20 minutes.

I almost spit coffee out through my nose and it would have been painful I think. Yeah, let me go ahead and put my sidearm in the oven for a bit. Big Grin What a fucking moron.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

I assume this was put up for humor, because both are bogus.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

And Iwo Jima didn't have jungles.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
You cannot be serious.

Since 1982, Glock has produced in excess of 4 million pistols. You wanna maybe stop and think for a second?

I know Para, and I am not a (complete) idiot, and my degree's are in biology, not material sciences. But it can get dam hot in a car, esp say AZ, and a gun left on the dash ( stupid, I know, but people never fail to exceed your lowest est of intelligence ) could some deformations. Don't ban me, please!!

George Carlin

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't ban me, please!!
What's your problem?

Tell me something. If a police officer asks you a question or two, do you fall down and plead "Don't arrest me!"?

If you're looking to be labeled a troll, this is a superb way to do it.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Dumb Animal At
The End Of The Leash
Picture of Hickory Shampoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

Can't be. That 1911 belongs to Brian Williams and he can't lie.

Posts: 2728 | Location: Halfway between EYQ and IWS. Not very close to PPT, at all. | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
But it can get dam hot in a car, esp say AZ, and a gun left on the dash ( stupid, I know, but people never fail to exceed your lowest est of intelligence ) could some deformations.

The dashboard of your car doesn't melt, does it? How is it going to hurt a Glock?

I have once actually measured the air temperature of a hot car in Phoenix in the summer, when I lived there. It was about 160 degrees. That is a good 200 degrees lower than the melting point of a Glock frame. It did, however, screw up a Kydex holster.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post