SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I went to my LGS yesterday to buy the G41. I handled it along side a G21 and had trouble deciding which would be a better choice for my uses. When I was shown a previously owned G26Gen4 and told it could be mine for $420, I decided I could think about my Glock 45ACP choice a little longer. The G26 has been on my want list for awhile.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Good score, ohioup. Can't say I would've done different. Big Grin

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Yes you should definitely like that G26. Runs just like a G19, only a bit smaller.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slick Slidestop:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it..... /QUOTE]

Well, I did...I bought a G27 followed by a G30. and like all young lovers, we grew apart, my eye started to wander, and lo and behold I met my true Love....The Sig Sauer. I sold the Glocks and never looked back. One day I may have another, but my M11A1 and P229 fullfill my desires Wink

And so it happened. My co-worker was selling his blue label G27 that he bought, qualified with it, barely carried it for 1 year on and off....Still had the gold grease in it.......I couldn't pass it up for $325.00

Posts: 20 | Location: Texas Gulf Coast | Registered: September 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Yes you should definitely like that G26. Runs just like a G19, only a bit smaller.

After having both, I hate to say it but I prefer the 26 over the 19. I had both a Gen 2 & 3 G19 but love my Gen 3 G26.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just bought my first. Well, my wife got it for me for my birthday. Gen 4 19. Nice surprise. Can't wait to go shooting this week.

Posts: 88 | Registered: February 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for trolling
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by All2kool:
I swore I would never own a Glock but I found this on the night stand a few days ago. Puzzling.

And it lived on the nightstand for all of 21 days. I want to love the Glock pistol line, really I do. But I also want a Striker Fired pistol capable of being Decocked and have a DA first pull. Walther makes one. The Taurus OSS can be Decocked. Manufacturers need to get on board with this. That Glock 23 G2 with 3 13-Round Magazines (and 300 rounds of FMJ) was traded for this beautiful Taurus PT92CS that came with 4 12-Round Magazines and $150.

Posts: 148 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: April 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Not a trade I would have made, but if you're happy with it, enjoy your Taurus. Smile

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Recently bought this Larry Vickers G19 after passing the first couple of times I saw one. The RTF2 texture and sights ending up selling me on it though.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Hey as long as your Taurus doesn't shake fire all is good, right? I too would've traded in a very different direction but whatever works for you, I suppose.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for trolling
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Not a trade I would have made, but if you're happy with it, enjoy your Taurus. Smile

G23 G2's are easy to come by but a mint Taurus PT92CS is not. I have zero regrets.

It isn't that I do not like a Striker Fired firearm, it's rather that I do not like having one in the pipe and no way to Decock. I've seen Youtube video's on how to Decock a Millenium PT but I admit - I've only done it without a chambered round. It seems to work just fine. Walther does make a Striker Fired pistol with a Decock function - and I wish Glock and Taurus did (on all of its models) too.

Posts: 148 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: April 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, I'm sure your Taurus will serve you well through dozens of rounds.

(The way I figure it- if someone comes into this thread yammering about a Taurus, they're just asking for it, so...)

I have to wonder about some of you guys. You buy pistols, keep them for a whole three weeks, then buy a Beretta clone and say that you're all set. Tell me- just what are you going to buy when you decide the Taurus ain't all that? Maybe get you one of those new Turkish Crank things, huh?

I surely hope you guys are less fickle about women than you are about handguns.

Posts: 107501 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I want to love the Glock pistol line, really I do. But I also want a Striker Fired pistol capable of being Decocked and have a DA first pull. Walther makes one. The Taurus OSS can be Decocked. Manufacturers need to get on board with this. That Glock 23 G2 with 3 13-Round Magazines (and 300 rounds of FMJ) was traded for this beautiful Taurus PT92CS

What's the point of having a decocker on a striker fired gun? I'm not familiar with the walther but have seen the canik tp9 sa which has a decock. All it seems to do is render the trigger completely useless until you rack the slide again. If the decock is accidentally hit while carrying and have to draw your pistol in an emergency, you come up with a dead trigger.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
A mint Taurus.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amc:
What's the point of having a decocker on a striker fired gun?

There isn't one, other than to cater to folks who (for whatever reason) want it as a personal preference thing. Folks who believe that it's dangerous to carry with a partially or fully cocked striker seem to have a similar mindset to those who believe that it's dangerous to carry with a round in the chamber.

Whether your trigger pull is 5ish pounds like a cocked/partially cocked (depending on the design) striker fired handgun, or 10ish pounds like the trigger pull on a decocked striker fired handgun, you still have to keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot, and ensure that the gun is carried in a holster that covers the trigger. All the 10ish pound trigger pull gets you in this case is a tougher time being precise with your first shot, and a steeper learning curve to overcome this.

quote:
I'm not familiar with the walther but have seen the canik tp9 sa which has a decock.

The Walther P99 is the striker-fired Walther with a decocker that he's referring to. The Canik TP9 is a P99 clone. S&W offered a P99 clone as well: the SW99. And Magnum Research also offers a P99 clone: the MR Eagle. All of which are striker-fired but have a decocker, like the original P99.

Walther designed the P99 this way in the early 1990s at least in part to cater to military and law enforcement agencies whose handgun purchase criteria were written around the DA/SA hammer-fired guns that were the norm in that time period: P-series Sig, S&W 3rd Gen, Beretta 92/96, etc. The requirement was usually for a handgun to have a heavier first trigger pull, like the DA trigger pull of a decocked Sig. With the proliferation and wide acceptance of cocked/partially cocked striker-fired handguns with repeatable trigger pulls, like the Glock, M&P, etc., that "heavier first trigger pull" requirement for military and law enforcement purchase contracts has fallen by the wayside in most cases.

quote:
All it seems to do is render the trigger completely useless until you rack the slide again. If the decock is accidentally hit while carrying and have to draw your pistol in an emergency, you come up with a dead trigger.

That is true of the Canik TP9 SA model. It's also true of the Walther P99QA. But that is not true of the standard (non-SA) TP9, the standard (non-QA) P99, the SW99, or the MR Eagle. When decocked, those latter models merely revert to a DA-style heavier trigger pull of 10-11 pounds for the first shot. Not a dead trigger, like the TP9SA or P99QA.

Still, the bottom line is that the decocker on a striker fired handgun, like the P99 and all the various clones, is a solution in search of a problem.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Tommy Lee Jones quote comes to mind..."get yourself a glock and lose the nickel plated sissy pistol".

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just waiting it out here, a G26 is needed and wanted, but funds may go to the P320 first

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Decocking goes against what most people want in a striker guns, one single consistant, fairly light trigger pull, and the fact that it goes back into it's carry mode automatically after shooting (ie, the shooter doesn't have to remember to decock it.)

There are arguments that can, and very often do, get made either way about this. But the popularity of Glock pistols, and the fact that they've gotten cloned, and those clones have gotten very popular, show who's really won that argument.

quote:
And it lived on the nightstand for all of 21 days. I want to love the Glock pistol line, really I do. But I also want a Striker Fired pistol capable of being Decocked and have a DA first pull. Walther makes one. The Taurus OSS can be Decocked. Manufacturers need to get on board with this. That Glock 23 G2 with 3 13-Round Magazines (and 300 rounds of FMJ) was traded for this beautiful Taurus PT92CS that came with 4 12-Round Magazines and $150.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for trolling
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

(The way I figure it- if someone comes into this thread yammering about a Taurus, they're just asking for it, so...)

I have to wonder about some of you guys. You buy pistols, keep them for a whole three weeks, then buy a Beretta clone and say that you're all set. Tell me- just what are you going to buy when you decide the Taurus ain't all that? Maybe get you one of those new Turkish Crank things, huh?

And the Taurus haters come out of the woodwork like cockroaches in a dark kitchen.

If you have never owned a Taurus, you really have no leg to stand, or comment on. Should your Sig need some repair, enjoy paying that price. Taurus has a lifetime warranty for a reason. That warranty is on the pistol, not the original owner. Taurus makes a fine firearm and the earlier models, IMHO, are even better made than a new one. And that's why I don't own a Taurus that was made in the last 20 years.

Many of my forum friends have in excess of 20k rounds on their PT9x series pistols - and never a flaw or replaced part.

Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

And the Taurus haters come out of the woodwork like cockroaches in a dark kitchen.

If you have never owned a Taurus, you really have no leg to stand, or comment on. Should your Sig need some repair, enjoy paying that price. Taurus has a lifetime warranty for a reason. That warranty is on the pistol, not the original owner. Taurus makes a fine firearm and the earlier models, IMHO, are even better made than a new one. And that's why I don't own a Taurus that was made in the last 20 years.

Many of my forum friends have in excess of 20k rounds on their PT9x series pistols - and never a flaw or replaced part.

Roll Eyes

Here we go again.....

It was nice knowing you buddy

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post