SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
New G30 made it home on Saturday.

Already installed the Warren Tactical SCY-11 night sights.

Comparison to it's big brother, a G21.

v/r,

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Dumb Animal At
The End Of The Leash
Picture of Hickory Shampoo
posted Hide Post
Slide departed today for Fire 4 Effect. I went with the Tier 1 serrations (eight forward serrations that match the OEM; do not extend over the top; no top edge bevel). I'm desperately trying to keep this function > form as much as possible. I decided the bevel is superfluous and has no actual function that I can tell, plus it saved me $150. The logo engraving is pure frivolity. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
NP3 is nice I guess, I hear it is slick to the touch.
I've have several guns refinished by CCR.
Brad does great work.

I'll definitely consider CPII. I knew I didn't want Cerakote. One of my coworkers has Cerakoted G22 that's already showing plenty of holster wear after just a year.

My 33 could use a refinish, too. I carry in a pocket holster 99% of the time and it's showing some wear. Yours looks great, though I don't know how much you carry it.

Posts: 2728 | Location: Halfway between EYQ and IWS. Not very close to PPT, at all. | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:
New G30 made it home on Saturday.

Already installed the Warren Tactical SCY-11 night sights.

What do you think of the Warren setup? I ordered the Warren/Sevigny green front/plain rear on Sunday (also for a G30). The rear appears to be dehorned enough to minimize snags.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:

What do you think of the Warren setup? I ordered the Warren/Sevigny green front/plain rear on Sunday (also for a G30). The rear appears to be dehorned enough to minimize snags.

I love the Warrens. I had a set of all 3 green dot trijicons on a G17, and I was always missing which one was the front sight. I love the 1 dot in the rear, very small yellow, and 1 bright green up front. I have the same set, none sevigny on the 21 pictured.

I have not had an opportunity to try out the holster, since it has been delayed cause of the snowstorm here on the east coast. I know the Sevigny Carry is supposed to be machined for less snags, but since this is my first foray into concealed carrying, I can't comment on snags good or bad, since I have never experienced one.

For 107 dollars on Amazon, it wasn't that bad of a deal.

How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
There are only two kinds of gun owners:
1. Those who have bought a Glock.
2. Those who haven't bought a Glock yet.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have bought a few Glocks this year. I picked up a 23 gen 3 27 gen 3 and a
30S gen 3.
The G30s is probably my favorite one so far.

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I love the Warrens. I had a set of all 3 green dot trijicons on a G17, and I was always missing which one was the front sight. I love the 1 dot in the rear, very small yellow, and 1 bright green up front. I have the same set, none sevigny on the 21 pictured.

I have not had an opportunity to try out the holster, since it has been delayed cause of the snowstorm here on the east coast. I know the Sevigny Carry is supposed to be machined for less snags, but since this is my first foray into concealed carrying, I can't comment on snags good or bad, since I have never experienced one.

For 107 dollars on Amazon, it wasn't that bad of a deal.

I contemplated a three dot configuration but decided against it for similar reasons. My brother (who steered me to my first Glock) recommended a front only, as he has an Ameriglo setup with a plain rear on his G26.

I figured I'd give it a shot. Unfortunately, Brownells still may not have the bugs worked out from their move. No shipping confirmation yet.

The concept of a screw tightened front sight is foreign to me. Is there a torque setting for the front, and is Loctite required (blue, purple)?

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
The concept of a screw tightened front sight is foreign to me. Is there a torque setting for the front, and is Loctite required (blue, purple)?

The screw is so small I'm not sure there's a torque wrench that works with them, or that there's even a spec.

I went looking for a bit but it would have been a special order. I went with one of the Ameriglo sight tools. There are other tools as well if you want one more like a screw-driver. This one works well enough to get it "finger-tight."

Link.

I use a tiny bit of red loctite, applied with a tooth-pick. Not required, I use it just in case.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
I am not aware of a spec for it. I just applied ablittle blue loctite and cranked it down til the front site wouldn't wiggle anymore.

I think you will like the plain rear. I am sorry to hear Brownells is still having trouble. I was able to find mine on amazon, with prime shipping to boot.

The nice thing about the warrens I got is that the yellow dot is very faint so it doesn't detract from the front green one at all but its still there to provide a vertical orientation if you want it.

How's your cardio?

posted Hide Post
That first Glock keeps getting pushed back. Now I need a Sig 320 in 45ACP.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
No I won't.

bumper

Posts: 1299 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AH.74:
quote:

The screw is so small I'm not sure there's a torque wrench that works with them, or that there's even a spec.

I went looking for a bit but it would have been a special order. I went with one of the Ameriglo sight tools. There are other tools as well if you want one more like a screw-driver. This one works well enough to get it "finger-tight."

Link.

I use a tiny bit of red loctite, applied with a tooth-pick. Not required, I use it just in case.

My brother told me to "be ginger" when tightening the front. Seems a bit vague, but I get the idea. The driver I have on order is from Ed Brown. Figure if it's as good as their pistols, go with it.

Fonky Honky
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am not aware of a spec for it. I just applied ablittle blue loctite and cranked it down til the front site wouldn't wiggle anymore.

I think you will like the plain rear. I am sorry to hear Brownells is still having trouble. I was able to find mine on amazon, with prime shipping to boot.

The nice thing about the warrens I got is that the yellow dot is very faint so it doesn't detract from the front green one at all but its still there to provide a vertical orientation if you want it.

Hmm. Now that I look again at the pic of your sights, the rear doesn't seem to overwhelm the overall sight picture. Guess if the plain rear doesn't appeal to me, I'll try that.

Would give me an excuse to buy another Glock. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I think that the only way I'd consider getting a Glock is if I 100% couldn't find another P320 or I really wanted a 10mm for HD and didn't want to splurge on a 1911.

Posts: 115 | Location: Santa Clara, CA | Registered: October 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Hmm. Now that I look again at the pic of your sights, the rear doesn't seem to overwhelm the overall sight picture. Guess if the plain rear doesn't appeal to me, I'll try that.

Would give me an excuse to buy another Glock. Big Grin

I don't think you will be unhappy with the plain rears.

I was primarily concerned with the fact if I had to make a precise shot in low light that I would be able to line up vertically as well as horizontally the one dot really helps that.

I will try to get a picture of them in low light and uplaod it but by my memory the yellow dot is about 1/4 the size of the front green dot and about half as bright as it so its reall unobtrusive. If you just want to use the front sight its very easy to pick up and you'll barely see the yellow unless you are looking for it.

How's your cardio?

posted Hide Post
Have to be honest, had a Glock and carried it on duty for years. Never really fell in love with it. Retired, sold the Glock and bought a Sig 1911 Tac Ops carry. Now THAT's a gun I fell in love with. So I bought a P226 X-Five Mastershop Series, and ....

I have quite a stable now, and not a Glock on sight.

Posts: 45 | Registered: August 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at them again but bought something else. But I did look again. Big Grin U think if I get one it will be a 23 or 19. They just seem to feel decent in hand.

Posts: 814 | Location: IL along the Illinois River | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
[Barry White] It's time once again for Intimate Confessions...
quote:
Originally posted by zdw111:
Have to be honest, had a Glock and carried it on duty for years...

Posts: 107461 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of confessions, I've been trying to lighten my handgun inventory. Instead, today, I added a G26 Gen4. Went out to my range, in spite of the cold, and did some shooting with my new acquisition. Nice. I am not ashamed...

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll jump in. I am not going to go out of the Sig business and will always have more of them than Glocks but.. I have had a G30 which was a great shooter. I have a Lipsey NB 22 which fits me well and a 21SF Gen3 which is turning into a G41 as soon as it comes in. I'm a good grandfather and one of the Glocks was pregnant so I am keeping the baby (DB9). Pretty? No. Dependable? Yes.

Posts: 84 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post