SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whtwolf14:
If God carried a Glock, it would be a G19... Cool

Thor would carry a 10mm. Smile

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Win Forever
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by W. Petroka:
I remember reading this post when it was originally posted and laughed my ass off. Until very recent, I honestly have never had the desire to own a Glock. I think my first ever handgun purchase of a S&W Sigma back in the mid-90’s killed it for me. Sigma… yes, I admit I owned one. But… I recently shot a Glock 34, I fell in love and had to have one. So yes I recently added a Glock 34, Gen 3 to the family. So as Para has foretold about 6 years ago, you will at some point in your life… own a Glock.

Ok, it will just not stop. After purchasing my first ever Glock back in January, I went out this weekend and bought a Glock 19 Gen 4. Love it. Damn! Smile

Posts: 691 | Location: Charlottesville, VA & Seattle, WA | Registered: May 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you have a minky on your back. Yes, a minky.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:

I reckon so.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was always a Sig man. I bought a Gen 3 Glock 29. Was enjoying it until the extractor broke. Luckily it was at the range and not while needed as a defensive weapon. I know any tool can break but this definitely killed my faith. I never had any issues with my P220 that I've had since 96.Will be selling the 29 when the 10mm Sig P220s become available.

Posts: 124 | Location: Massachusetts  | Registered: May 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:

I reckon so.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Dumb Animal At
The End Of The Leash
Picture of Hickory Shampoo
posted Hide Post
Took some of the advice I got a couple pages back. I bought and installed the Vickers TD extended slide stop and mag release. Went to YouTube for instruction, which means I'm practically a Glock armorer now. Big Grin

The appropriate TruGlo TFX sights I ordered via Amazon yesterday arrived today. Gotta love Prime!

I'm about to send off the slide to Fire-4-Effect for their Tier 3 (beveled top corners and 8 forward serrations that extend over the top). Might have him engrave a logo I designed for our unit between the ejection port and the rear sight.

Looking at Robar's NP3+ for the coating once it comes back from machining.

Posts: 2728 | Location: Halfway between EYQ and IWS. Not very close to PPT, at all. | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

No. I have seen God.

He carries twin, ivory-handled Colt Government 1911s.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pblanc:
quote:

No. I have seen God.

He carries twin, ivory-handled Colt Government 1911s.

14 posts in the last 7 years and you make this your 15th
WTF... Eek

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hickory Shampoo:
Took some of the advice I got a couple pages back. I bought and installed the Vickers TD extended slide stop and mag release. Went to YouTube for instruction, which means I'm practically a Glock armorer now. Big Grin

The appropriate TruGlo TFX sights I ordered via Amazon yesterday arrived today. Gotta love Prime!

I'm about to send off the slide to Fire-4-Effect for their Tier 3 (beveled top corners and 8 forward serrations that extend over the top). Might have him engrave a logo I designed for our unit between the ejection port and the rear sight.

Looking at Robar's NP3+ for the coating once it comes back from machining.

Looking forward to pics of the TFX sights.
I used to modify the shit of my firearms, but as I got older, I generally leave them stock.
I got tired of modding them out and then selling them at a loss..YMMV

NP3 is nice I guess, I hear it is slick to the touch.
I've have several guns refinished by CCR.
Brad does great work.

CCR's CPII (nickel boron).

recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
Looking to buy a Gen 4 G30 at the Nations gun show today. Work is going by really slowly....

It'll be my 3rd Glock.

I already ordered all the accessories and ammo next week is gonna be fun opening all the presents!

Pictures later I promise.

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
had 7 glocks. Solde them off. Now re-glocking, and up to 7. About as many times as I have dipped into this thread.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Fired my first 10mm today, my buddy's Glock 20 Gen 4. They were some PMC factory loads, and were way more controlable than I expected. I was kinda dissapointed...my vision didn't revert to black and white, the Earth didn't get knocked off it's axis, and I saw a kitten on the way home.

But the Timex watch on my wrist stopped working...coincidence?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
If they were the original Norma loadings mbinky, your watch would be up around your arm pit.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Not only will you buy them.... they will multiply. Picked up another tonight,and I stopped counting the damn things

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Fired my first 10mm today, my buddy's Glock 20 Gen 4. They were some PMC factory loads, and were way more controlable than I expected. I was kinda dissapointed...my vision didn't revert to black and white, the Earth didn't get knocked off it's axis, and I saw a kitten on the way home.

But the Timex watch on my wrist stopped working...coincidence?

That was my experience when I rented a G20 at a local range.
I didn't see what the big 10mm deal was.
I actually preferred my G21... Big Grin

posted Hide Post
In the spirit of the metathread, looking at this thread title, it is a premonition of things to come.

I was torn between the Glock 19 and the CZ P07 - I did choose the P07, and it is a great pistol. The G19 was really, really close second, though.

There is a Gen 4 Glock 19 out there with my name on it...I just have to find it and have the 5 spare Benjamins for it.

Posts: 548 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been through an number of Glocks over the years. They seem to come and go, now down to only two. A gen II 19 that I've had for 16 years and a gen III 26. Each serve me well.

Posts: 50 | Registered: March 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel lost since I haven't posted on this historical thread. But FWIW my G21 AA conversion kit showed up today so now I can send .22lr downrange from all 3 frame sizes.
Yes I will buy(own) a glock, but I'm not telling you how many but the first of two digits is not a 1.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Felt left out that I haven't posted in this thread so figured I should. I keep trying to tell myself I hate my Glocks. Then I buy another one.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post