SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hickory Shampoo:
Ah yes. I'm planning on TruGlo TFO sights and a Vickers TD extended slide release.

You might give the Vickers/TD extended mag release a shot as well. I think it's a nice improvement over the stock Gen 4 release (which is already a huge improvement over the Gen 3 release). But it doesn't protrude as far as the OEM Gen 4 extended release; it's "just right".

I have them on several of my personal Glocks, and just wish I could get permission to install one on my duty gun as well.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I'm generally not a fan of stippled guns, but that looks great, Hickory.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by David Lee:
Ah yes. I'm planning on TruGlo TFO sights and a Vickers TD extended slide release. Probably no trigger work beyond the polished internals.

I'd also look into TruGlos new version on the TFOs, the TFX..
White outline on the front sight, smaller in size than the TFO..

TruGlo TFX sights..

These are the low, you will need the high for your G21..

Amazon TFX Low

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Ooooooh! I like. May have to snag a set for my 19. I know people have had issues with the fiber optic rods falling out with the TFO's, but I figure a little added epoxy injected down into the bottom and down the sides of the cutout oughta be enough extra insurance. Wink

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Dumb Animal At
The End Of The Leash
Picture of Hickory Shampoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
You might give the Vickers/TD extended mag release a shot as well. I think it's a nice improvement over the stock Gen 4 release (which is already a huge improvement over the Gen 3 release). But it doesn't protrude as far as the OEM Gen 4 extended release; it's "just right".

I ordered the Vickers tonight and threw in the mag release. This is intended to be my duty weapon and I wear thick gloves when searching (for the leash burn). Some of those controls are less than tactile with gloves.

quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

Thanks. As I mentioned above, I'm less concerned with aesthetics than function. I found the out-of-the-box texture didn't grab my glove palm.

quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

These are the low, you will need the high for your G21.

No lows? Forgive my ignorance. I've never replaced sights on anything.

Posts: 2728 | Location: Halfway between EYQ and IWS. Not very close to PPT, at all. | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raidersrule
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I ordered the Vickers tonight and threw in the mag release. This is intended to be my duty weapon and I wear thick gloves when searching (for the leash burn). Some of those controls are less than tactile with gloves.

quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

Thanks. As I mentioned above, I'm less concerned with aesthetics than function. I found the out-of-the-box texture didn't grab my glove palm.

quote:

These are the low, you will need the high for your G21.

1) LightFighter does great work. Before our policy changed and I had to hang my Gen 3 G22 up for good it had been stippled and gave it just the right amount of feel.

2) You will love the Vickers mag release. All of my Glocks have them and they're absolutely perfect in my opinion.

3) I love the slide releases as well but be VERY careful when installing. Seems they have a tendency to go squirrel-y if you aren't careful.

4) Cut some front cocking serrations in that baby. I love them on my guns.

-----------------
"What if... What if grasshoppers carried .45s? Then maybe birds wouldn't **** with them so much?"

Matt Graham, Graham Combat
Discussing what if scenarios regarding cover/crowding

"Our wonderful citizenry expect the worst from police and the great majority of the time, they simply get the best."

Posts: 2873 | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

The rear sight for a Glock 45ACP and 10MM (20, 21, 29, 30, 31, 32, 36) is 6.9mm (0.27in) AKA TRUGLO HIGH.
The rear sight for Glock 9mm, 40cal, 357sig, 380, and 45GAP (17, 19, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 33, 34, 35, 37, 38, 39, 42) is 6.5mm (0.256in) AKA TURGLO LOW.

GLOCK rear sights

I guess my point was these new TFX sights can be found cheaper than Truglo's MSRP if you shop around.. Wink

I bought my Trijicon HD sights, for my G33, on Amazon for about $130.

Amazon - Trijicon Glock HD Night Sight Set

They retail from Trijicon for $157.00:

Trijicon HD sights

I've never been a fan of TFO sights because they are so damn long.
But I might just get a set of those TFX sights for that G26 that is going to be designated to be a, locked in the console safe, truck gun...

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damnit Hickory, now I got to go and spend MORE money!

I really like that stippling job!

I just tossed out a few bucks on my G-21 & G-30. Guide rods, spring packages and Vickers Mag Releases.... Looks like it might be heading off to LiteFighter. Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8340 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Damnit Hickory, now I got to go and spend MORE money!

I really like that stippling job!

I was thinking the same thing until I emailed them to find out how much it cost. 185 plus return shipping.

They must be on crack!

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Thinking about a 26. Is the gen 4 worth the little extra cash?

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:

Truly depends on your individual wants and needs..
I don't like the Gen 4 texturing, others seem to love it.

My G26 is a Gen 2.5.
Finger grooves, but a smooth face on them..

I highly recommend the Glock GAP Finger Rest Extension for the "Baby" Glocks...
I have them on my G26 and G33..

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

In my opinion, yes.

-Different (better) grip texture
-Larger magazine release
-Interchangeable backstraps

quote:
I highly recommend the Glock GAP Finger Rest Extension for the "Baby" Glocks...

Agreed.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Gen 4 will come with 3 mags instead of 2 mags with the Gen 3. So that will help offset the cost a little.

And I buy the Gen 4 mainly because of the bigger mag release. Its a huge improvement over the tiny Gen 3 release.

Then as others said, the interchangeable back grips. I never use mine. But some people love them.

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Are the Gap extensions better than the Pierce extensions?

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are the Gap extensions better than the Pierce extensions?

I think so, they aid stability without adding grip length..

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
It looks to me that with the Gap your pinky still dangles. Correct?

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

You didn't have to make it sound so sexy, but yes it does... Big Grin

It folds up under the bottom of the grip, much like it would with the stock base.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Correct. But it gives your hand more stability, since the extended baseplate snugs up against the bottom side of your ring finger, which makes your grip feel more secure. All without adding any extra length over the stock baseplate. (If you're going to stick a Pearce extension on your G26, you might as well just carry a G19.)

Banned for trolling
posted Hide Post
I swore I would never own a Glock but I found this on the night stand a few days ago. Puzzling.

Posts: 148 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: April 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you're going to stick a Pearce extension of your G26, you might as well just carry a G19.

Well stated, RogueJSK.. Wink