SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Just a chime-in praising what has unexpectedly become perhaps my favorite Glock, the Gen4 26. Shown here in a DeSantis pocket holster (more pics to come later with its Appalachian Concealment IWB holster) along with a Magholder-brand horizontal magazine carrier (G17 mag carried in reserve).

Thanks to this thread, I've seen the light of "the Dark Side" ha-ha!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Center mass,
Armpit level...

Picture of greekfed
posted Hide Post
My first Glock. A G30S:

Brad and Mary at CCR helped make this a pistol that I can love!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: greekfed,

Posts: 3154 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: August 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
I think a FDE frame with a NP3 slide would look sick!

I dunno... I personally prefer the two-tone look of either FDE and black, or silver and black. The tri-tone FDE, black, and silver seems like a little too much.

Here's an example:

Hmmmm, looks good, but not as great as I thought it would look. Slide seems too bright. Maybe a subdued matte finish over FDE would be better.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I think that likely is kind of a matte finish. The direct sunlight kind of washes it out, though. Still, I'm not a fan of that combo after seeing it.

On that note, I'm toying with the idea of getting my gen 2 19 slide done in CPII. I love the honest wear I've put on it (it was LNIB when I got it, zero wear anywhere), but I also love the two tone look on a Glock. I've been waiting to see how the finish on my 42 holds up on it's own before doing the same thing with it. Leaning towards just doing it for the hell of it. I've tried searching for pictures to see if anyone has done a 42 slide in CPII or similar electroless finish, but have yet to find one.

Rogue, and chance you've got a pic of your 19 unholstered? May just turn the corner for me getting mine done. Big Grin

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
This was the old Cera Hide stainless I think when I got it done a few years back. I like the look, but would get CPII next time.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I tried a coated finish on a P229 and it did not hold up to carry worth a tinker's damn. Won't be trying it with a Glock. It will electroless nickel or nickel boron.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Needed something new for a Steel Plate Shoot tomorrow, so I grabbed a 34/Gen4 last night.
Already put on 10-8 rear sight, Dawson fiber optic front, stippled the top of the backstrap and a Ghost trigger job. Should be a good shooter.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
All this 10mm talk lately, has me thinking about one of these.

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g20gen4

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g20gen4

That is one always in the back of my mind as well. However, I have no .40 at all. Therefore I don't want to get one and have to reload that one as well.

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I know of one 'Glock' that I won't buy. Held one of those $1200 ZEV makeovers at a local pawn shop a couple of days ago; while the retexturing of the Gen3 frame was pretty nice, it had worst slide to frame fit I've ever experienced with any handgun. Bone stock Glocks aren't noted for ultra tight fitting to begin with, but this particular ZEV was absolutely awful; I could hold the gun by pinching the trigger guard with two fingers and gently shake the gun side to side...and observe the slide freely rattling loosely on the rail points. Not Impressed At All.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Never saw the point in those anyway. Seems like taking a Glock and trying to turn it into a 1911 when it isn't a 1911.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a new Glock 20SF coming in with a package of six mags, three Lone Wolf barrels, Mep night sights... all new... plus assorted Underwood and Buffalo Bore ammo... for a very good price.

The Glock is a proven 10mm platform. This will be a backcountry gun.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hard to go wrong.

It's a reliable, comfortable, lightweight, 15+1 capacity pistol that's easily carried all day when out in the backcountry or at the cabin.

The G20 gen4 has replaced all my other backwoods pistols/revolvers.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Latest is a Glock 21SF with a threaded barrel

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
quote:

Hard to go wrong.

It's a reliable, comfortable, lightweight, 15+1 capacity pistol that's easily carried all day when out in the backcountry or at the cabin.

Where are you guys finding 10mm ammunition? I don't think I've ever seen even one box of it around here (northern Illinois), and I'd hate to be reliant on mail order.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Never saw the point in those anyway. Seems like taking a Glock and trying to turn it into a 1911 when it isn't a 1911.

No question about, especially when the end product is more about trailer-park trashiness than anything else. Aside from the nicer trigger feel (I do like ZEV's trigger action improvements over stock) and the improved grippiness of the texture makeover, the rest of their remaining "improvements" are anything but. Both of those positives apart from the rest hardly comes close to justifying the huge price bump even if the frame and slide had been properly fitted. But charging $700 extra for a gun as poorly put together as what I saw compared to bone stock is laughable at best; hell, even if the gun had been the same price as a bone stock Glock it would be a cruel joke. That bad it was for a purportedly NIB gun.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
quote:

Hard to go wrong.

Where are you guys finding 10mm ammunition? I don't think I've ever seen even one box of it around here (northern Illinois), and I'd hate to be reliant on mail order.

The lgs I bought my Gen 2 g20 from last week had 3 boxes of Hornady xtp in stock. I bought them all. I have 1k pieces of starline brass on the way, and already have bullets, dies, primer and powder on hand.

If you want to be self-sufficient with ammo, regardless the caliber, the answer is to start reloading.

It's easy. Stop in the reloading forum, there are plenty of guys in IL/southern WI that would be willing to teach you. If you don't mind travel, I'm 2 hours north of Madison and you're welcome to come up here and I'll teach you.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:

If you want to be self-sufficient with ammo, regardless the caliber, the answer is to start reloading.

Actually, I started reloading over 35 years ago, I'm just getting lazy!

The shortage of components has kept me from reloading (and shooting, even!) for the last several years. Haven't seen any WW231 for so long I can't remember, and gun shops as far as 30 miles away quit carrying components since they couldn't restock.

IIRC 10mm uses the same dies as .40S&W, like .38/.357, so if I ever do get into 10MM I'd be amortizing over both calibers (amortizing means "convincing the girlfriend that it's really something I oughta do" Wink ).

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why do I have to be Mr. Pink?
Picture of Jagman
posted Hide Post
Just ordered two Ghost Rocket kits for my Gen4 17 and 19. Looking forward to getting them installed. Went with the Rockwt version to see what the over travel limit, lighter pull and shorter reset is like. Especially the shorter reset. After putting SRT on 20 of my 30 SIGs and enjoying the greatness of the PPQ trigger, I couldn't resist tinkering with the Glocks. I hope they work as well as others have said. The only mods I've ever done to Glocks was a 3.5 connector on a Gen 3 26 and night sights on them all.

Posts: 3734 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: March 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:

Actually, I started reloading over 35 years ago, I'm just getting lazy!

The shortage of components has kept me from reloading (and shooting, even!) for the last several years. Haven't seen any WW231 for so long I can't remember, and gun shops as far as 30 miles away quit carrying components since they couldn't restock.

IIRC 10mm uses the same dies as .40S&W, like .38/.357, so if I ever do get into 10MM I'd be amortizing over both calibers (amortizing means "convincing the girlfriend that it's really something I oughta do" Wink ).

Correct, same dies, same projectile, and I even found loads for the same powder. Only difference is primer and brass. Easy to keep a smaller inventory with common components.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post