SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
There are only two things I would do to a Glock. 1. Install an OEM G17 smooth trigger. 2. Night sights.

Then shoot the living shit out of it. All that other stuff is unnecessary. Glock triggers really get sweet once you run a few k through the barrel.

For night sights Glock will put them on the slide for $55. The G17 trigger should be $10.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Okay, I caved.

I despise striker-fired guns, but I did cave.

LGS had a Gen2 G20 in the evil, kitteh-killing 10mm. Used, LE trade, dead night sights.

I was told in my poll thread (Should I buy it?) that I can send it to Glock and they'll replace the night sights, so I'll do that.

Total cost OTD was $399.85.

I'm going to shoot it for the first time tomorrow in a bowling pin shoot. We'll see how it goes.

I feel dirty. Oh, so dirty.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Staying with the P320, I really like that the polymer grip frame, which is the weakest and most easily damaged part of the gun, is a quickly, easily, and cheaply replaced part, and by so being, allows the gun to to be easily reconfigured.

And the P320 DOES have a better trigger than the Glock.

I do not deny the advantage of Glocks vast and well established third party aftermarket. But since the P320 is compatible with most of the P250's acessories, there is some support. You can get holsters, sights, etc. But, yes, not nearly as much as you can for Glock.

quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
So let's flip it. What does the 320 or VP9 do that a Glock can't? Nothing.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
No slide bite. Because of my shortened trigger finger, I have to alter my grip and the best way I can explain is that instead of the Web between my thumb and index finger being where the grip should rest, I have to have it sitting more towards my thumb. The result is a calcium deposit from repeated firing.....

I'd have to agree with the other posters. If .40 is beating you up...get rid of the .40. I have a Gen4 G19 and G34. Very manageable, even with Federal 115 gr +P+ (9BPLE). The G34 is a sweetheart.

I've made minor modifications to the grip frame area on both guns to eliminate hot spots. Nice thing about polymer. Also, you may want to look at a place like ColdBore Custom for professional grip mods and reduction.
http://www.coldborecustom.com/

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BamaCav
posted Hide Post
New Gen 4 G19 purchased this week. The're like.......kryptonite..... I keep coming back to them.....

Posts: 126 | Location: AL | Registered: December 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Here you go, David Lee. Wink

This is my newly purchased Full FDE Gen 4 G21 with TLR-1s. It was my Christmas present to myself.

It came with Glock night sights, and I've added FDE Vickers/Tango Down magazine floorplates, a FDE Vickers/Tango Down extended magazine release, and a black Grip Force beavertail adapter.

It came with color-matched factory beavertails, but I prefer the Grip Force beavertail. And while Grip Force offers a tan beavertail, it's more of a light Desert Tan, so it would have looked strange. Besides, with the existing black controls and barrel, the black beavertail actually looks good.

To continue with the color theme, I have some colored Kydex holsters and mag pouches on the way from 1441 Gear and Bravo Concealment. Big Grin FDE Kydex is actually way too light when compared to Glock's and Tango Down's shade of FDE. So I went with Coyote Kydex. It's slightly yellower in color than the Glock, so it won't be an exact match, but it'll be closer than FDE Kydex.

Posts: 32432 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auxiliaryjohn
posted Hide Post
Just checked out Vickers web site. They have some really nice Glock items.

And a really nice new addition you have there Rouge.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll kill you all.
US Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Posts: 2262 | Location: Dothan, AL | Registered: August 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you don't crash, you
ain't tryin' hard enough
posted Hide Post
Won another certificate at recent gssf match so picked up this big gun today. I love my 30s, so i have high hopes for this one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Posts: 470 | Location: N. TX | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
Waiting on a G30S gen 4...

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 796 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Staying with the P320, I really like that the polymer grip frame, which is the weakest and most easily damaged part of the gun, is a quickly, easily, and cheaply replaced part, and by so being, allows the gun to to be easily reconfigured.

And the P320 DOES have a better trigger than the Glock.

I do not deny the advantage of Glocks vast and well established third party aftermarket. But since the P320 is compatible with most of the P250's acessories, there is some support. You can get holsters, sights, etc. But, yes, not nearly as much as you can for Glock

Well if the Glock frame got damaged by normal use you'd get one for free from Glock. And that is a really a non issue with a Glock. Not something most users are going to experience or even think about.

I'll give you that the 320 has a better stock trigger but that's about it. You've got stacks of things that are < Glock, that I've already covered prior. Pretty much everything else on the menu. Glock trigger mods are also VAST, very inexpensive, and can be done by the user/owner. No need to send it off to any gunsmith. You can purchase factory parts to do this or aftermarket.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Here you go, David Lee. Wink

This is my newly purchased Full FDE Gen 4 G21 with TLR-1s. It was my Christmas present to myself.

It came with Glock night sights, and I've added FDE Vickers/Tango Down magazine floorplates, a FDE Vickers/Tango Down extended magazine release, and a black Grip Force beavertail adapter.

It came with color-matched factory beavertails, but I prefer the Grip Force beavertail. And while Grip Force offers a tan beavertail, it's more of a light Desert Tan, so it would have looked strange. Besides, with the existing black controls and barrel, the black beavertail actually looks good.

To continue with the color theme, I have some colored Kydex holsters and mag pouches on the way from 1441 Gear and Bravo Concealment. Big Grin FDE Kydex is actually way too light when compared to Glock's and Tango Down's shade of FDE. So I went with Coyote Kydex. It's slightly yellower in color than the Glock, so it won't be an exact match, but it'll be closer than FDE Kydex.

That is set up so nice Rogue without having extreme frame mods so I indeed like that. Guess I have over looked that magazine base plate and its the bunk. This grip adaptor is quite nice too. Now I really miss my 45.. Big Grin

I'd like to see the kydex gear you get for this too. Thank you Rogue, she is nice.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Thanks! The Vickers baseplates are a nice addition, but can make the butt print a tiny bit more when carrying concealed, since they're slightly wider than the normal baseplates. So while I have 5 magazines with those baseplates, I'll be keeping the factory baseplate on at least one carry magazine, for use as needed.

I'll be putting the G21 through the paces, as soon as the weather improves.

Posts: 32432 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Garrett Industries has gotten quite creative with their kydex holsters and they offer a super nice coyote color.. Big Grin Their magazine pouches aren't too shabby either.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zeme05
posted Hide Post
Well just purchased my 9th Glock yes the G 42. Took it to the range and out of 140 rds had 1 FTF after dropping the loaded mag in the dirt. I tried a variety of ammo, including Win White box, American,Aquila, Monarch Brass and Monarch Steel. All preformed great and no lock back issues. It is a great little pistol and even when/if they come out with the single stack 9mm it won't be anywhere as small as the G 42.

Posts: 1375 | Location: West Texas | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Win Forever
posted Hide Post
I remember reading this post when it was originally posted and laughed my ass off. Until very recent, I honestly have never had the desire to own a Glock. I think my first ever handgun purchase of a S&W Sigma back in the mid-90’s killed it for me. Sigma… yes, I admit I owned one. But… I recently shot a Glock 34, I fell in love and had to have one. So yes I recently added a Glock 34, Gen 3 to the family. So as Para has foretold about 6 years ago, you will at some point in your life… own a Glock.

Posts: 689 | Location: Charlottesville, VA & Seattle, WA | Registered: May 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
I keep circling the drain...ever closer.

If I see too many more pictures of two toned glocks (NP3 slide) it may well happen sooner than later.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcat:
I keep circling the drain...ever closer.

If I see too many more pictures of two toned glocks (NP3 slide) it may well happen sooner than later.

^^^^^^^ I think a FDE frame with a NP3 slide would look sick!

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Ooooh... Look at how shiny they are... Come to the dark side, jcat...

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
I think a FDE frame with a NP3 slide would look sick!

I dunno... I personally prefer the two-tone look of either FDE and black, or silver and black. The tri-tone FDE, black, and silver seems like a little too much.

Here's an example:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crni4:
Won another certificate at recent gssf match so picked up this big gun today. I love my 30s, so i have high hopes for this one.

My G21SF is one of my favorite guns, I think you will like it a lot.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10353 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post