SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of stephensgroup
posted Hide Post
Any news about a Glock 29S? It turned out great in the .45. Really hopeful.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

Posts: 278 | Location: West Oklahoma City, Oklahoma | Registered: November 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'm not a Glock guy by any means. But I now own TWO Glocks! Heavens. How could this happen.

I've owned a few off and on over the years, but never more than one at a time.

Fact is, I sorta kinda have three of them. A friend moved back in state a year ago and I took possession of his Glock while he awaited the permission of the king to even touch it. Frown

So there are THREE Glocks in my house and only one SiG. What's the world coming to.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
A question to those who are interested:

Does the introduction of the P320 change the basic premise? Is there now no particular reason to buy a Glock? Can the P320 do whatever you'd get a Glock to do?

I haven't had a chance to try the P320. It may be the equal of, or superior to, a Glock. However, Glock continues to have an important advantage, at least for the time being: aftermarket support. There are more holsters, magazine holders, sights, parts, and accessories available for the Glock than the P320. Also, the P320 hasn't been around long enough to determine if it's as reliable as a Glock, both when subjected to hard use as well as over the long term.

Personally, I'm hoping that Glock takes note of this increased competition and incorporates some of the recent developments in striker-fired mechanisms into their next design for the "Gen 5" Glocks. For example, the trigger on the Walther PPQ, and reportedly the P320 as well, is superior to the Glock, which puts Glock at a disadvantage. They'll need to make some changes if they want to remain on top.

I'd say these newer guns have a better trigger but it's because they are newer. And that is the only advantage.

Glorps still have less parts inside.
Glorps can be worked on by the end user. Full detail strip, not just a field strip.
Parts are cheaper, everything inside the gun.
Magazines are a lot cheaper.
More accesories and holsters, by far as mentioned, because they've been on the market long time.

Glorps are still lighter and hold as much or more rounds in the magz. They are also still smaller in dimensions. If you weigh the pros and cons I'd still take the Gen4 Glock. The triggers on the Gen4's are excellent.

So P320 and VP9 have a better stock trigger, that's it really, everything else mentioned < Glock.

I just picked up 2 more 33rd Glock 18 magazines for $28 each. They don't make anything like these for those other mentioned guns. The 17 is now my HD weapon of choice due to being able to have a hand free. 34 rounds of 135gr +p, WML w/integrated activation switch. No SBR needed.

So I changed over to the platform one year ago now and if I was making the switch today I'd still go the same route. If I decide to buy a 357sig Glock makes it, HK does not. If I want a 10mm Glock makes it, Sig does not. It will be quite awhile before Sig has all their configurations of the P250, sorry the P320 Big Grin , on the market. Same for HK, they don't have a subcompact or compact available. Just their G17 version. Both platforms are still new and will need a year, two, or three. And both are really late to the game, by many years. Why would I buy Sig's or HK's version of a Glock? For a trigger? I have no complaints with the Gen4 trigger.
So let's flip it. What does the 320 or VP9 do that a Glock can't? Nothing.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Room. My name is Mike. And I'm a Glockaholic.

I bought two today. A new Gen4 Glock 35, and it's little brother, the G27. Kudos to Top Gun Supply for having night sights in stock and already in the mail for these.

Posts: 489 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sr_Bull:
Hi Room. My name is Mike. And I'm a Glockaholic.

I bought two today. A new Gen4 Glock 35, and it's little brother, the G27. Kudos to Top Gun Supply for having night sights in stock and already in the mail for these.

Welcome to the addiction, 'er, I mean the thread... Big Grin

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
So let's flip it. What does the 320 or VP9 do that a Glock can't? Nothing.

Bingo. You got all the rest right, but you knocked it out of the park with this statement.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
I'm not a Glock guy by any means. But I now own TWO Glocks! Heavens. How could this happen.

So there are THREE Glocks in my house and only one SiG. What's the world coming to.

It's ok, you're among friends here. You can admit it. Just accept it.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

I've owned a few off and on over the years, but never more than one at a time.

Fact is, I sorta kinda have three of them. A friend moved back in state a year ago and I took possession of his Glock while he awaited the permission of the king to even touch it. Frown

My Glocks outnumber my Sigs 5 to 1...
Or really 10 to 2.... Big Grin

Now there was a day I owned 6 Sigs and no Glocks, then I came to my senses... Wink

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why do I have to be Mr. Pink?
Picture of Jagman
posted Hide Post
Another range trip today with a Glock17 Gen4, HK VP9, SIG P320 and Walther PPQ. I'll leave the PPQ out of this because since the first day I shot it, it's been my favorite pistol to shoot. Long time owner of a P99, which I liked but never loved.
The HK is pretty, feels so good in the hand, is very accurate slow or fast, I just can't shoot it very fast. The reset is clunky and IMO the gun handles recoil the worst. I really don't know what it is about the gun but it just isn't fun for me to shoot. The HKP2000 and USPc .45 work better for me in TDA.

The P320. Maybe I just need to shoot it more, but after shooting the Glock it feels top heavy, the metal trigger I praised now kind of bothers me and actually feels to far set back. Reset is good but nothing great. It does manage recoil nicely, but again feels like it lacks balance to me.
It too is very accurate and I can shoot it faster than the HK, but still something lacking.

The Glock 17. To me a good predictable trigger with outstanding reset. Gen 4 ergos in my hand are outstanding. The lower bore axis really matters to me, and muzzle flip on the Glock is the least of all these guns. It is not adorned with any large take down levers, slide catches or really anythingSmile. It can be shot very fast in my hand and is nearly as accurate slow fire.

End of the day for me, as with my M&P's, I'm glad I have the other polymers, but not sure how long I'll keep them. The Glock actually reigns supreme for me for the reasons noted above, but mostly it's just the most fun gun to shoot, (along with the PPQ.)

Posts: 3734 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: March 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I just can't warm up to the 320 pistol because it seems a copy of the P250 and, I despise the grip handle on this gun. I've never even held one so perhaps not fair of me. I see Sig has used this same grip profile on one of their rifles and its simply butt ugly. It looks like something that would better fit a utensil for cleaning around the house. Lip stick on a pig? It's not out there yet.

Had a frined tell me recently a Glock is a POS. I had no reply as it's his typical dumb assery. There is a reason why Glocks are as abundant as blue jeans.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one farm store that I had looked at a G29 last spring still has the same gun but has it marked down now to $450. The price keeps going lower and lower. I don't have a Glock and really don't "need" a 10mm, but if the price continues to drop I might have to seriously consider it.

Posts: 814 | Location: IL along the Illinois River | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm considering getting another Glock myself and selling my 2 Sigs. After a recent range trip, I have come to the conclusion that #1, I am better with striker fired pistols and #2, I am going to go to one set of pistols. DA/SA or striker not both.
Problem with the Glocks for me is that I am missing part of my right index finger (trigger finger) and a lot of the Glocks beat my hands up. The 19/17/22 don't but the 23 has me putting tape on my hand before shooting.
I am possibly thinking 34/35 or a 22 since it may be replacing the 226. The 239 already has a replacement, I just need to sell the Sig now.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
...The 19/17/22 don't but the 23 has me putting tape on my hand before shooting...

I'm in favor of heavier calibers myself, but if the G-23 is giving you trouble, I'd say to dump it. Almost everybody here will agree that a good 9mm round will settle a fight, so why beat yourself up over it (literally!)?

Do the 9mm+P loads hurt like the 40s&w or are you OK with them? If you're OK, I'd call it good enough.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
...The 19/17/22 don't but the 23 has me putting tape on my hand before shooting...

I'm in favor of heavier calibers myself, but if the G-23 is giving you trouble, I'd say to dump it. Almost everybody here will agree that a good 9mm round will settle a fight, so why beat yourself up over it (literally!)?

Do the 9mm+P loads hurt like the 40s&w or are you OK with them? If you're OK, I'd call it good enough.

Agreed. Don't punish yourself. Shoot what you can, comfortably. I used to be very much into .40 but really, in a Glock, the 9mm is where it shines.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Problem with the Glocks for me is that I am missing part of my right index finger (trigger finger) and a lot of the Glocks beat my hands up. The 19/17/22 don't but the 23 has me putting tape on my hand before shooting.

Where is it beating your hand up? Are you getting "slide bite" on the base of your thumb or the web of your hand?

If so, have you tried a beavertail? The Gen 4 Glocks have factory beavertail backstraps available. And there are aftermarket beavertails available from Grip Force for Gens 1/2/3/4.

I used to get slide bite from shooting my Glocks, and would have to tape up my hand with paper tape beforehand. But the beavertails prevent that now.

Factory beavertail:

Grip Force:

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I really like both of those styles of beavertails Rogue. The factory one looks as if it is more contoured to the frame. Never got bit by my G21 but all the recoil was sent right into where my trigger finger meets my hand at bottom of that knuckle. That was a Gen3 and I never got to try out a SF model yet. Are the Gen4's considered SF?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
That was a Gen3 and I never got to try out a SF model yet. Are the Gen4's considered SF?

The Gen 4s without any backstraps are the same grip size as a Gen 3 SF.

Oh, and that Full FDE G21 that you asked about a few days ago arrived yesterday. I really like the look of it. I'll try to post some photos this weekend, when I'm able to get home before it's dark.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Nice! I was going to ask but figured I had pestered you enough allready... Big Grin

I miss my G21 and it was the last to be sold. That pistol out shot a NIB USP Expert with one factory ball ammo and 1968 Olin ball. Add to that, the first round through the Expert, the slide didnt close after fireing it. The G21 was more accurate at 25 yards. Definately buy another in the future.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Where is it beating your hand up? Are you getting "slide bite" on the base of your thumb or the web of your hand?

If so, have you tried a beavertail? The Gen 4 Glocks have factory beavertail backstraps available. And there are aftermarket beavertails available from Grip Force for Gens 1/2/3/4.

I used to get slide bite from shooting my Glocks, and would have to tape up my hand with paper tape beforehand. But the beavertails prevent that now.

Factory beavertail:

Grip Force:

No slide bite. Because of my shortened trigger finger, I have to alter my grip and the best way I can explain is that instead of the Web between my thumb and index finger being where the grip should rest, I have to have it sitting more towards my thumb. The result is a calcium deposit from repeated firing. Most handguns are fine but some beat me up, Glock being one of them. My CZ does a little but the beavertail helps on that one. Sigs, Springfield and others are fine.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Since I will be getting my CCW this year, I wanted to add another 9mm to my M&P9c and M&P9.

I just purchased a Gen 3 Glock 19. Love how this feels in my hands. Can't wait to fire the beasty this weekend. Actually she is on my hip right now at home.

What are the worthwhile upgrades to do with CCW in mind?

I don't think I will get a 3.5 pound connector (too light for CCW, IMO). I will get a rounded plunger and I have a beavertail in the mail now. I did purchase two more magazines and a 5 pack of Vickers Tango Down base plates.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post