SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of SHOOT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by SHOOT:

No, don't believe so. These are the backstraps . . .

The two on the bottom are what he was referring to..
They are beaver tail-esque... Wink

Tks and noted. They didn't look like they would extend out that much, at 1st glance and new to Glocks.

I don't think you boy's understand how serious this is . . . they killed my dog!

Posts: 917 | Registered: August 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why do I have to be Mr. Pink?
Picture of Jagman
posted Hide Post
This thread is so old I don't even remember if I've posted in it, but anyway over the years I've gone from detesting Glocks, to dabbling in them, owning no Glocks and back to present. First Glock was a 23, then a 27 and a 32. I don't own any of them today. Then I owned a 30, a 19 and a 26. They're all gone too. All of that selling and trading was usually due to some other striker introduction, (Walther P99, Smith MP, etc.) that I thought was a better pistol and in some ways they are/were. Earlier this year I bought a like new G21 Gen4 LEO trade in on impulse, right before I purchased the new P320F and HK VP9, and was very impressed with how soft a shooter the big 21 is and overall just how refined the Gen 4 felt to me. Since then I have bought a Gen 4 17 and a Gen 4 19. Next show I'll own a Gen 4 26. I REALLY like Gen 4 Glocks. As much as I love my Walther PPQ, VP9, P320 and M&Ps for that matter, the Glock has always been a pistol I could never end the relationship with. I not 100% sure why either. What I know I love about Glocks is the low recoil impulse, the better than it gets credit for trigger that set the bar for positive resets, the outstanding fit and finish as it relates to slide finish, slide to frame tight tolerances, the no nonsense all business presentation, the lack of needless front serrations that clutter the look of the pistol and the over all smooth factor of these guns. Nothing hanging off slides or frames, just a nice smooth, incredibly well assembled pistol that feel very handy. And dammit these guns are just so much fun to shoot fast. Never thought I'd type this
but I am a Glock lover. There I said it Smile

Posts: 3734 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: March 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Now you got the right ammo SHOOT.. Big Grin

Jagman, I sold my nice G21 and will try one of the Gen 4 guns when I can. Mine would hammer my trigger finger right where it connects to my hand. But it was a accurate dawggie to say the least. Plus it was green.. Cool

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jagman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Now you got the right ammo SHOOT.. Big Grin

Jagman, I sold my nice G21 and will try one of the Gen 4 guns when I can. Mine would hammer my trigger finger right where it connects to my hand. But it was a accurate dawggie to say the least. Plus it was green.. Cool

Yeah Dave, we can't have any green guns Confused

Posts: 3734 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: March 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I sold my Gen 2 G21 a couple years ago.
I missed it so much I bought another Gen 2 G21 this year...
Until yesterday, it was the only 45ACP pistol I have owned for awhile.

I'm glad those Gen 4 Glocks work for you Jagman,.
I just don't care for the grip texture..
Maybe my hands are too soft... Eek Wink

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jagman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
I sold my Gen 2 G21 a couple years ago.
I missed it so much I bought another Gen 2 G21 this year...
Until yesterday, it was the only 45ACP pistol I have owned for awhile.

I'm glad those Gen 4 Glocks work for you Jagman,.
I just don't care for the grip texture..
Maybe my hands are too soft... Eek Wink

yeah low life the G21 is an awesome shooter in .45. I too find the Gen 4 grip textures pretty aggressive, but they do smooth out some with use.

Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
Glock should offer a milder texturing in the models to help the CCW people. I had to get rid of my gen4 G26 because of it rubbing my skin raw. I now have a gen3 G19 for CCW.

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sphill:
Glock should offer a milder texturing in the models to help the CCW people. I had to get rid of my gen4 G26 because of it rubbing my skin raw. I now have a gen3 G19 for CCW.

One could always sand the texture down a little with high grit sandpaper.
I had some VZ grips on a 1911 that were a tad aggressive, a little sanding, a VERY little at a time, fixed it.
I also bought one of those Houge re-checkered P229 grips that were pretty sharp, a little sanding fixed those as well..
Only thing is sanding the texture down will certianly have an effect on resale value..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sphill:

I sent my G19 to Cold Bore and the grip texture is now perfect. Not too harsh and not too slippery.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
What's it look like?

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
I prefer the Gen 2 and 3 smoother grip texture for CCW. Especially when just wearing a light cover shirt. ON My Glock 36...

A local GS I help out at on weekends had a new VICKERS G17 RTF2 In FDE... Now that is a great grip texture if you want to take it to the range but I'd not CCW it..

Here is a link...
http://soldiersystems.net/2014...l-a-signature-glock/

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any reason to not buy a Gen 2 G17 (lightly used and reasonably priced), given improvements introduced in later models / versions?

If purchased, it would be for basic home defense and car gun.

I have Gen 3 models in 19 and 21, but would not be against going 'backwards' if there were not any significant drawbacks.

Thanks,

Rob

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
Any reason to not buy a Gen 2 G17 (lightly used and reasonably priced), given improvements introduced in later models / versions?

I have Gen 3 models in 19 and 21, but would not be against going 'backwards' if there were not any significant drawbacks.

Thanks,

Rob

I'm a big fan of Gen 2 Glocks.
No finger grooves and no rails (I'm an anti rail pistol snob).

Even my 2 subcompacts are Gen 2.5, grooved grip but no front strap texture.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:

Thanks,

Rob

Nope, no "drawbacks" and you're not going backwards.

Finger groves and rails... only difference.

Only question between the 2nd Gen & 3rd Gen is "Are you putting a light on it?"

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MHolland
posted Hide Post
I need a Gen4 G19.
That is all. Smile

Posts: 3317 | Location: SC Lowcountry | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G22 has been issue for all of the 16 years I've been here. I still have yet to buy one even though I recommend people just buy a G19 if they are going to buy an off duty gun.

They sent me to Glock Armorer course twice and I still prefer SIGs or 1911s by far.

Full disclosure, if I was to buy one, I would like to have a G20 for out in the woods. 16 rounds of a hot 10 mm is hard to argue with.

-TS11

Don't hate me just because I'm a better shot than you...!

Posts: 63 | Location: North West | Registered: November 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking about picking up 2 more Blue Label Glocks next month, a G30SF and a G20SF.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
I've been on a Glock binge lately buying up all the Gen 3's I can afford as I'm not as big a fan of the Gen 4's.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Broke down and bought a gen 4 G26 after about 10 years without one in my safe, mainly because I have about 15 or so Glock mags leftover from my past Glock days.

Love it so far. Easy to CCW because of light weight.

Does a 2-round extension Pearce grip reduce the reliability of the stock mag?

Thanks.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
Broke down and bought a gen 4 G26 after about 10 years without one in my safe, mainly because I have about 15 or so Glock mags leftover from my past Glock days.

Love it so far. Easy to CCW because of light weight.

Does a 2-round extension Pearce grip reduce the reliability of the stock mag?

Thanks.

I've not had any problems using the Pearce extensions on any of my 9mm or 40S&W magazines, well aside from getting the factory base plates off without mangling them a bit, that is...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post