SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
very nice collection there Maddy

shopping for a 26(GEN 4 OD) now to add to my 19

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:
very nice collection there Maddy

shopping for a 26(GEN 4 OD) now to add to my 19

Give that real nice lady in Mississippi a call Wink

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maddy345:
Glocks and CCR just go together.

I agree...

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TannerBoyl:
I was gifted a Glock 17 by my mother. For years, it was my only pistol. Then I found the wonderful world of Sigs, Berettas and HKs. I still love that Glock, but it remains my only Glock.

Recently, I have been thinking about getting a Glock 20SF. Why? Because 10mm is one better than 9mm! Actually, I want a nice side arm for hunting & hiking. I figured that it is lighter than a revolver and has more power than any autos that I currently have.

Hopefully, I'll place my order on Friday (barring any unforseen circumstances).

You will be a happy camper when it comes in. Happier camper still if you get into reloading. Or buy Buffalo Bore or Double Tap ammo ($$$$). Stuff off the shelf can't come close to these bad boys. All I've done to my pistol is polish the trigger mechanism and install Meprolite sights.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
One less Sig; one more Glock. Picked up a Glock 34 today. Traded my SP2022 for it.

I now have a 34, 17, 19, and 26.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
One less Sig; one more Glock. Picked up a Glock 34 today. Traded my SP2022 for it.

I now have a 34, 17, 19, and 26.

That was a great trade.... Big Grin
Never been a fan of polymer Sigs... Wink

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Sold off my P227Carry for a G41. I like the results so far.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shot a G27 Gen 4 two weeks ago. Slippery little feller. I had to regrip after every shot. The harder I gripped, the more it squirted out of my hand. GAP mag plates and a slide over rubber grip may stop that, but I did not have the opportunity to try it out.

As expected, the G27 does not point naturally for me. I have this problem with every Glock due to the grip angle. I have been told that there is a fix for that too.

I am trying to like Glocks, but they just do not fit me well. I could get a free Glock or XD/XDm right now, but I really cannot warm up enough to either to "pull the trigger" on that deal.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:
I shot a G27 Gen 4 two weeks ago. Slippery little feller. I had to regrip after every shot. The harder I gripped, the more it squirted out of my hand. GAP mag plates and a slide over rubber grip may stop that, but I did not have the opportunity to try it out.

As expected, the G27 does not point naturally for me. I have this problem with every Glock due to the grip angle. I have been told that there is a fix for that too.

I am trying to like Glocks, but they just do not fit me well. I could get a free Glock or XD/XDm right now, but I really cannot warm up enough to either to "pull the trigger" on that deal.

The only slippery Glock I've ever shot is a Gen 1 G17, due to the lack of texture on the grip.

The GAP plates will help with stability on the subcompact Glocks.

I aimed a bit high on the draw with Glocks when I first got into them.
It is easy to lower the front sight, and it became second nature after awhile.
You can try a Grip Force Adapter or just look into a Gen 4 with the various back straps.
There are MANY options to customize a Glock trigger for minimal investment.
An XD/XDM/XDS will need a $80 = $100 PRP or Springer trigger kit to make it acceptable IMHO

I've owned and sold 5 XD pistols, I still own 8 Glocks...
One of the 5..

Then again, with all your issues, maybe Glocks just aren't for you... Roll Eyes

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have recently converted 3 people to the dark side.... now they will buy a Glock.

And I am on my way to number 8 and 9!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:

The only slippery Glock I've ever shot is a Gen 1 G17, due to the lack of texture on the grip.

The GAP plates will help with stability on the subcompact Glocks.

I aimed a bit high on the draw with Glocks when I first got into them.
It is easy to lower the front sight, and it became second nature after awhile.
You can try a Grip Force Adapter or just look into a Gen 4 with the various back straps.
There are MANY options to customize a Glock trigger for minimal investment.
An XD/XDM/XDS will need a $80 = $100 PRP or Springer trigger kit to make it acceptable IMHO

I've owned and sold 5 XD pistols, I still own 8 Glocks...
One of the 5..

Then again, with all your issues, maybe Glocks just aren't for you... Roll Eyes

Glock is capable of being a hunting caliber pistol, which until Sig releases the P220-10, they do have a purpose in my arsenal. That has been and remains the sole driver of my interest to date.

I am not trying to be critical. I am actually trying to justify getting a Glock and then making it work well for me.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't bought one yet but keep looking. Big Grin When I first started looking the 27 was what I thought would be a decent first. But after looking and looking the 19 and 23 gen 4 seems to feel the best I hand.

I do kind of like the Xd line. My wife has an Xds 9mm and I enjoy it.

Posts: 814 | Location: IL along the Illinois River | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I have been meaning to not buy a Glock but through work I can get a NIB Glock 34/35/41 for about $420 shipped. It is so tempting.

Posts: 2233 | Registered: January 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sure, we understand. Her's a couple of passes to the bath house. You know, so you can clear your mind.

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
quote:
You will buy a Glock

Well almost anyway. I was seriously looking at a G42 after shooting one, but I came to my senses and went with a Sig P938.

I've come a long way, when I first saw this thread I thought no way will I ever own a stinking Glock, can't say that anymore, I may succumb yet. Big Grin

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

"Free"? Then what is the hold up. Get it, try it out and then if you don't like the feel then sell it off. I was "anti" Glock (not really anti, I just had no interest) until the Gen4 came out. At that point it changed the feel for me. Do I still like Sig more? Yes. But Glocks are great tools and toys for gun fans. Again, you said "free", so give it a try. You will probably end up enjoying it.

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

For the baby Glocks I really recommend the Pearce +0 grip extension. They make a Gen4 specific version that I really like. Actually with that +0 on there, it's my favorite grip out of all the Glocks and doesn't change printing while carrying since the rear of heel of the gun is the same exact size.

I have never liked the G27, painful to shoot. I'd try a 26 and then you'll see why it's so many people's favorite carry gun, mine included.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
One big happy family.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
^ That top one is sexy Cool

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
^ That top one is sexy Cool

Hot damn, it is!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post