SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rln_21:
Well I still haven't bought one but I've got two more on the way from a recent GSSF match.

I'll have a G17, G26 and G34... Big Grin

G17 might go if I like the 34 enough Smile

Sounds like you and Bruce are cleaning up at those GSSF matches.

I've got a Gen4 G19 and G34. Unfortunately, I had to buy them. Smile

The G34 is a sweetheart. Very nice balance. Pretty effective for a carry gun as well. With 18 rounds of +P+ from a 5.3" barrel, it's not exactly a wuss. I carry my G34 in a Sparks VM-2. Too long for the belt though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nipper,

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Klusk2:
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
quote:
I was told today from our department range officer, that Glock was going to have the model 43, a single stack 9mm, introduced around February of 2015. This was stated directly from the Glock rep that the department uses. I'm heading to the academy range tomorrow, I'll attempt to get more info.
That's after SHOT, isn't it? I'd think they'd at least announce it if not release it at SHOT.
You're probably correct about releasing it at SHOT. I wasn't sure of the date, but it sounds like that's what Glock will do.
Not long after the G42 was released, a Glock rep publicly stated that they wouldn't be releasing a single stack 9x19 until sales of the G42 had begun to drop off because, he said, no one would buy the .380 if a similar sized 9x19 were available. That's a refreshingly candid statement, and I have no doubt that his statement is correct.

Maybe it'll show up at SHOT. Maybe it'll show up shortly thereafter. Maybe it will be another year or more. We'll just have to wait and see, but you can bet that when they do get around to releasing it, Gloc will sell tons of them.

You would no doubt know more than me. I did ask today while at the range, and according to them, they are expecting the Glock rep for the department to bring them more info and a test pistol for evaluation, as soon as it becomes available. The rep stated the timetable was after February in 2015. I'm not going to read anymore into it, I am clearly not in the "know".

On a side note, I did fire a Glock 26 for the first time. Not sure of the Generation, but I liked it. Perhaps there will be a Glock in my future after all.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I am getting a 42 regardless as it is a sweet little .380, but will also definitely get a 9mm once it comes out. Hopefully the dimensions are only slightly larger than the 42.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
I am getting a 42 regardless as it is a sweet little .380, but will also definitely get a 9mm once it comes out. Hopefully the dimensions are only slightly larger than the 42.

That is the kicker, everyone wants a single stack 9mm but everyone wants it to be the same size as the 42. I am interested in a single stack 9mm Glock but only at the right size. Make it a G19 size and I'm not a buyer.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine the 9x19 single stack being as small as the G42. This means that the development of 9x19 and .40 (and 357 SIG?) single stacks means Glock is going to have to develop yet another frame size.

That's why I think these pistols will be introduced later, rather than sooner. I've been waiting for a single stack 9x19 from Glock for twenty years. This is no exaggeration, so, get in line, gents...

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I can't imagine the 9x19 single stack being as small as the G42. This means that the development of 9x19 and .40 (and 357 SIG?) single stacks means Glock is going to have to develop yet another frame size.

That's why I think these pistols will be introduced later, rather than sooner. I've been waiting for a single stack 9x19 from Glock for twenty years. This is no exaggeration, so, get in line, gents...

Not to mention an additional magazine for each caliber too.

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I'd have to handle a single stack Glock 9mm before really getting excited about it. After shooting only double stacks, I was pretty underwhelmed with the P239. I wanted to love it and it always seemed to be a crowd favorite, but I never felt like I had a great grip on it, constantly adjusting. Hard to say if a single stack Glock would be the same.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
If Glock would do a Single Stack Glock 20 or 21, I'd be there. Or if they would do a separate frame that looked a lot like the Timberwolf frame that Lone Wolf sells, Glock would own my heart and 99% of LE contracts.

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
How many have considered a 26 for concealed carry, but bought a 30 instead?

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
I'd have to handle a single stack Glock 9mm before really getting excited about it. After shooting only double stacks, I was pretty underwhelmed with the P239. I wanted to love it and it always seemed to be a crowd favorite, but I never felt like I had a great grip on it, constantly adjusting. Hard to say if a single stack Glock would be the same.

239 needs a grip. Hogue or my personal favorite, a CT laser grip.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
First Glocks I've owned. FDE G19 and G26 followed me home a few days ago.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
My first Glock was the 10 mm, really enjoy shooting it, then I bought a g23 off a member on here, I really like shooting the 23. Seems like everybody likes the Glock 19 so I think that will be my next purchase!

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
LGS had Glocktoberfest today. Their prices are already outstanding but due to the sale today 9mm Glock magz were $18.XX. The 12 round factory G26 mag and the 33 rounders were $28 flat. Then they had Gen 2 Pmagz for $9.XX. I walked by the ammo isle and saw FHST 124+p for $20.XX and said shit. You are trying to get all my money. I loaded up a basket and went to the gun counter remembering to buy stuff now, while its quiet (nod to Para there).

Took a friend up there to finger bang some pistols and maybe buy. Springfield XD, M&P compact, Shield, G19, G26, P320, and VP9 were all brought out. He picked the 19 stating it felt the best out of them. Then moving parts were discussed, accessory availability, magazine cost, years of on the market and tested banter, and all the other typical things like weight and size. He ordered a 19.

I played with the VP9 and P320, dry fired, finger banged, etc. The new strikers have slight trigger improvements over the Stock Glock but nothing that major to me, just a slight improvement.
Marketing as usual, X10 of the reality. The Sig felt like a normal Sig grip to me and the VP9 just felt odd, would definitely have to jack with all the panels at length. Neither was some revelation. Both very nice guns though. Finish and build quality looked superb and I'm sure both are going to do very well for their mfr's. I stood there and said to myself "you can buy either one right now, no big deal, just put your basket away" I then looked at my basket, laughed, and went to the checkout line.

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
I carry my G34 in a Sparks VM-2. Too long for the belt though.

Not necessarily. I have found the new AKER Nightguard (model 167 for the Glock 20/21) fit my Glock 34 with an X300 perfectly.

If you carry a Glock 17/22 20/21 or 34 with a light you will want to check out this line of OWB concealed carry holsters. Amazingly comfortable and even the largest gun disappears.

(They make em for SIGs too).

Oh, and I just bought a Glock 42. Big Grin

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
Still no Glocks but I'm circling the drain closer and closer.

Went from all metal DA/SA and SAO, to all metal DA/SA only, to then poly frame DA/SA only, to now all poly frame DA/SA and a new poly frame striker.

I don't see a role for one to fill right now, but I'm sure I'll end up with a Glock when I have the money to buy guns for the hell of it.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Just go ahead and find a 17 or 19 of your flavor gripframe and surrender. It's a short, easy fall. I promise.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
LGS had Glocktoberfest today. Their prices are already outstanding but due to the sale today 9mm Glock magz were $18.XX. The 12 round factory G26 mag and the 33 rounders were $28 flat. Then they had Gen 2 Pmagz for $9.XX. I walked by the ammo isle and saw FHST 124+p for $20.XX and said shit. You are trying to get all my money. I loaded up a basket and went to the gun counter remembering to buy stuff now, while its quiet (nod to Para there).

Took a friend up there to finger bang some pistols and maybe buy. Springfield XD, M&P compact, Shield, G19, G26, P320, and VP9 were all brought out. He picked the 19 stating it felt the best out of them. Then moving parts were discussed, accessory availability, magazine cost, years of on the market and tested banter, and all the other typical things like weight and size. He ordered a 19.

I played with the VP9 and P320, dry fired, finger banged, etc. The new strikers have slight trigger improvements over the Stock Glock but nothing that major to me, just a slight improvement.
Marketing as usual, X10 of the reality. The Sig felt like a normal Sig grip to me and the VP9 just felt odd, would definitely have to jack with all the panels at length. Neither was some revelation. Both very nice guns though. Finish and build quality looked superb and I'm sure both are going to do very well for their mfr's. I stood there and said to myself "you can buy either one right now, no big deal, just put your basket away" I then looked at my basket, laughed, and went to the checkout line.

Twenty bucks for 50 round boxes of Federal HST? What is the regular price there? It's $1 per round here.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
That was regular price. Ammo wasn't on sale.

Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Did he get a Gen 3 or Gen 4?

Was he given an ETA on it?

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I bought a PPQ instead.

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post