SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
While looking at Kayaks yesterday, I stopped by a local outfitter that has a small firearms section. They always have some high quality brands and models displayed but their prices are usually so ridiculously high that I never pay much attention to them.

However, yesterday they had a sign advertising a "GLOCK SALE" with about one of each of the more popular models and even a couple being in FDE.

For a price of $475 I couldn't help but pick up a nice little Gen 4 G26 complete with three mags. All my other Glocks are Gen 3 so I can't wait to take this little blaster out to the range for a run. Pretty happy. Life is beautiful.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
While looking at Kayaks yesterday, I stopped by a local outfitter that has a small firearms section. They always have some high quality brands and models displayed but their prices are usually so ridiculously high that I never pay much attention to them.

However, yesterday they had a sign advertising a "GLOCK SALE" with about one of each of the more popular models and even a couple being in FDE.

For a price of $475 I couldn't help but pick up a nice little Gen 4 G26 complete with three mags. All my other Glocks are Gen 3 so I can't wait to take this little blaster out to the range for a run. Pretty happy. Life is beautiful.

That is a GREAT price on a Gen4 - congrats!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by Blacksport:
I did buy a Glock....a 17, 22 years ago...did lots of mods, including the Aero-tek laser, wired thru the frame....never really liked it though, sorry...missed my S&W 659 true DA with exposed hammer...now I have the beautiful P226 Platinum Elite, 40 cal, with true double-action and smooth de-cocker...oh, and the 22LR conversion with threaded barrel....so sweet...good-bye, Glock.

Laser sights... Roll Eyes
That says a lot about you right there... Razz

Nice to see someone is buying the over priced gimmick Sigs with your Platinum Elite, in 40cal no doubt... Big Grin
And a threaded barrel 22 conversion..
Ohhhh, that sounds exciting.. Eek

And welcome to the forum..
Just a heads up, a Glock isn't a DA pistol... Wink

Easy there Captain. Some of us love CT's!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

AMEN.

The older I get the more important and useful my laser equipped Glocks & Sigs become.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the laser comment gentlemen..
I'm just not a fan..

I handled some Gen 4 Glocks at a gun show today.
I'm not going to poo poo on the texture anymore.
I could see it possibly working for me eventually..

Whispers 'I did finally handle and dry fire a P320 compact. It was kinda nice'.. Wink

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
I did buy a Glock....a 17, 22 years ago...did lots of mods, including the Aero-tek laser, wired thru the frame....never really liked it though, sorry...missed my S&W 659 true DA with exposed hammer...now I have the beautiful P226 Platinum Elite, 40 cal, with true double-action and smooth de-cocker...oh, and the 22LR conversion with threaded barrel....so sweet...good-bye, Glock.

Laser sights... Roll Eyes
That says a lot about you right there... Razz

Nice to see someone is buying the over priced gimmick Sigs with your Platinum Elite, in 40cal no doubt... Big Grin
And a threaded barrel 22 conversion..
Ohhhh, that sounds exciting.. Eek

And welcome to the forum..
Just a heads up, a Glock isn't a DA pistol... Wink

Aero-Tek is not a laser like the ones available today...had it built into the gun in 1992, nothing like today's inexpensive grip or rail lasers...and yes, the 22LR conversion is pretty cool...I have an indoor range in my business and it's a blast to shoot anytime you feel like it....and here's the sweet part, lowboy...we don't even wake the dogs! Hmmmm, I just took a look at my Sig P226 and looked for anything gimmicky....let's see, aluminum frame, nice stainless slide, simple takedown, Sig's sweet decocker, a very nice stock trigger that's even better than the $120 upgrade on my Glock...Oh, and don't forget the most important thing: an exposed hammer and true double action...ah, feels so good...
BTW, did I say Glock was DA? Go back and re-read my post, I was referring to my old SW 659...

Posts: 15 | Location: Ft Lauderdale | Registered: July 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Though I prefer Sigs over Glocks (even though I EDC a 19Gen4), I still don't understand why people want to come on to a Glock post and try to poo on people's parade…especially within their first few posts. Then they wonder why people respond harshly…yet they initiated it.

Doesn't. Make. Sense.

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not "pooing" on anyone's parade, Sugarwater...the title of the post is "You will buy a Glock", and then "and you'll love it." All that's true, owned one for 23 years, and did love it at lot...except for it not having an exposed hammer...IMO, and of course, that the opinion I care about, Glocks are too dangerous to carry with a chambered round...other than that, loved everything about my 17....

Posts: 15 | Location: Ft Lauderdale | Registered: July 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not "pooing" on anyone's parade, Sugarwater...the title of the post is "You will buy a Glock", and then "and you'll love it." All that's true, owned one for 23 years, and did love it at lot...except for it not having an exposed hammer...IMO, and of course, that the opinion I care about, Glocks are too dangerous to carry with a chambered round...other than that, loved everything about my 17....

If you say so. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
IMO, and of course, that the opinion I care about, Glocks are too dangerous to carry with a chambered round...other than that, loved everything about my 17....

First I heard about that.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
How are Glocks too dangerous to carry with a round in the chamber?

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by giz55792:

Police and military the world over need to know.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glocks are too dangerous to carry with a chambered round

Roll Eyes

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I like the 17/31 sized frames. The 26/33 don't work for my hands. Otherwise I'd have 2 or 3 more.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Let me think...touch the trigger and the gun goes boom...that little trigger safety isn't much of a safety...and the gun's cocked all the time, don't really like that...oh, and how do you "de-cock" it? (1) remove mag (2) carefully pull slide back to expel chambered round (3) pull the trigger to drop the hammer...I guess some people might chamber a snap-cap to drop the hammer, I don't know (4) pick up the round that fell on the floor and re-insert it into the magazine...

Apparently, I'm not the only one who feels this way; do not google this: "Why I hate Glocks"...

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Do us both a favor and find another thread to inhabit.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
If you carry in a Glock condition 3, you have two empty chambers.

One in the weapon... the other between your ears.

Hammer down over an empty chamber requires two hands to bring it into action.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
But aren't guns suppose to go boom when you pull the trigger?

I've owned revolvers and semi-autos with a hammer and they all went boom when the trigger was pulled, just like my Glock.

But please, take Para's advice.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Let me think...touch the trigger and the gun goes boom...that little trigger safety isn't much of a safety...and the gun's cocked all the time, don't really like that...oh, and how do you "de-cock" it? (1) remove mag (2) carefully pull slide back to expel chambered round (3) pull the trigger to drop the hammer...I guess some people might chamber a snap-cap to drop the hammer, I don't know (4) pick up the round that fell on the floor and re-insert it into the magazine...

Apparently, I'm not the only one who feels this way; do not google this: "Why I hate Glocks"...

A competent gun owner can keep his or her finger off the trigger until it is time to shoot. Maybe Glocks are too dangerous for YOU to carry with one in the pipe but the rest of us can carry chambered just fine.

Posts: 505 | Location: North East Illinois | Registered: September 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

Aero-Tek is not a laser like the ones available today...had it built into the gun in 1992, nothing like today's inexpensive grip or rail lasers...and yes, the 22LR conversion is pretty cool...I have an indoor range in my business and it's a blast to shoot anytime you feel like it....and here's the sweet part, lowboy...we don't even wake the dogs! Hmmmm, I just took a look at my Sig P226 and looked for anything gimmicky....let's see, aluminum frame, nice stainless slide, simple takedown, Sig's sweet decocker, a very nice stock trigger that's even better than the $120 upgrade on my Glock...Oh, and don't forget the most important thing: an exposed hammer and true double action...ah, feels so good...
BTW, did I say Glock was DA? Go back and re-read my post, I was referring to my old SW 659...

Sir I'm more than aware of what an Aero-Tek laser sight is.
Is was the only over priced option before the cheaper bolt and strap on lasers were available.

As to the 22, I've never been and never will be a fan of the round.
I gave up cap guns over 45 years ago.
Some love the 22, I'm not one of them.
Some like lasers, I'm not a fan of those either.

As to your P226;
I love my West German P226, and WG P220, and WG P228, and my mid 90s P225.
I use the KISS philosophy for my Sig Sauer pistols.
The slam was your Platinum Elite model you're trying to brag about, much ado about nothing.
I own Sigs, I post about them in Sig threads.

quote:
Glocks are too dangerous to carry with a chambered round...other than that, loved everything about my 17....

^ OK Plaxico....
I was chastised for raggin' you about the laser.
But it's it is gonna be a full blown dog pile on you for the chambered round statement.
Your Sig isn't any safer to carry with a round in the chamber than the Glock IF YOU DO YOUR PART..
Your Sig isn't any safer than a cocked and locked 1911, IF YOU DO YOUR PART.

Your fear of carrying a Glock chambered, only emphasizes your lack of confidence in yourself to carry a loaded firearm.
A little more 22 practice may help with that.

If guess you're right about one thing...
You did indeed, buy a Glock...
Sorry it didn't work out for you....

Good luck with your P226 PE.
I'll keep carrying my Glock that is over a half a pound lighter for all day carry.. Big Grin

Be safe my friend... Wink

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post