SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
It will be good to hear you take on it..vs the 26... and 27 set up.. I've had the 27 and 26..Prefered the 26... However in my In my 239 I prefer the 357... to 40 and 357sig it's close enough to +p+ 9mm to make 357 an easy choice. +p+ 9mm is the same cost as 357sig SD ammo...

I'm set on the 239 357 and thinking a Glock 33 might just be the ticket replacing my J frame and my Glock 36... and will simplify my Carry Ammo...

THANKS! Smile

There is a big difference between 9mm +P+ and 357 Sig. Ammo from double tap, underwood, and buffalo bore is right at 1500 FPS out of a Glock 32. You wont come close to that with 9mm +P+ out of a Glock 19.

I have a Glock 27 Gen 4 with a 357 Sig barrel (storm lake). And I recently bought a Gen 4 Glock 32 because I love the round so much.

I have started thinning out 40SW from my collection. I feel 357 Sig is superior in every way. It doesnt have the drop like the 40. The recoil isnt as violent in a polymer gun. And its cheaper to reload. All I have to do is order 9mm bullets for it.

Posts: 7395 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Got me a another glock 22 gen 4 today, makes 2 nnd one wicked gen 3 22. Just looking for a gen 3 model 33 and I will be happier.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Well, lets figure this out:
I'd first like to state that I am no ace marksman.
I shoot when I can and do ok, so keep that in mind while looking at my targets.
Also this was the last target after shooting around an hour and a half.
It was 102 outside today and the indoor range was full, and warm.
I had to wait about 15 minutes for a lane to open.
Also keep in mind all my 9mm ammo I used today is Tula or Wolf.
I bought a bunch of it during the dry times and I'm trying to get rid of it.
This range lets me shoot steel cased ammo, my other indoor range does not.

I'd say the target was around 10 to 13 yards downrange.
I ran 2 full mags out of each pistol..

G26 - 20 rds:
I like my Gen 2.5 G26.
It has finger grooves but the front strap is smooth between the grooves.
I really like my GAP mag base plates.
I got a little loose because I was trying too hard.
Also again, this is Tula/Wolf ammo...

G33 - 18 rds:
This is also a Gen 2.5.
How did it go? I LOVE IT...
I had one embarrassing flyer, not sure what happened there..
This gun is a keeper and future carry gun.
Notice how tight and sharp the holes in the paper target are.
I had issue with my G30S recoil, which is why I sold it, but I love shooting 357sig.
Even in this polymer subcompact I have no problem shooting it.
I'm going to get the slide and barrel refinished.
Either CCR's CPII, NibX, Failzero, or I'm looking an Robar's NP3+.
I mainly want to refinish to be able to tell the guns apart at a glance.
Nightsights are dead, I knew that when I bought it, I need to find another set of sights for it.
Ammo was Fiocchi 124 gr FMJ.

Glock 42 - 12 rds;
This is the second time I've shot the G42, I only ran 50 rds thru it a few weeks ago.
I learned today that the G42 DOES NOT like WWB, I think the load is too weak.
I had FTE, stovepipes, and other issues with every mag.
I was getting discouraged until I tried my Magtech ammo.
It ran 100% with the Magtech, and the Magtech seemed to have a little more kick to it.
The shots to the left where my first shots, it is a bit of an adjustment after shooting several mags of double stack to then shoot the little G42..

G34 - 34 rds:
It was odd shooting the G34 slide on my Gen 3 G22.
I felt like I was shooting a 22 pistol.
I'd probably enjoy shooting it more with better ammo.
But I think the G22 is going to spend most of it's use with the G31 barrel in it.
That barrel is on the way back from CCR.
I'm getting it done in CPII so I can tell it apart from the G22 barrel at a glance.

G27 barrel in the G33 - 18 rds:
I'm not really a big 40cal fan, but I found this barrel for $80 so I bought it.
I know last time the ammo dried up, my local Wallyworld always had 40cal in stock.
Only reason I bought a G22 instead of a G31, was I figured if I had to sell it, it would be easier to sell a 40cal.
This ammo was 180 gr FMJ Ranger T,
I bought 300 rds of it and that probably last me a lifetime being I'll rarely shoot the 40cal in either pistol..
The G33 will be running 357sig as long as I can buy it...

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
1lowlife, I dont recomend NP3 for a carry gun. I had a HK P2000 done in NP3. The slide was so slick it was hard to get a good grip to rack the slide. Again, not good for a carry gun.

And unless things have changed recently, Robar has a very long turn around time. And they are expensive. I send all my guns to CCR. Their CPII looks just like NP3 and its not slick to the touch like Robar's. And they have a very quick turn around time (if you make a reservation). And they are much cheaper.

Posts: 7395 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
1lowlife, I dont recomend NP3 for a carry gun. I had a HK P2000 done in NP3. The slide was so slick it was hard to get a good grip to rack the slide. Again, not good for a carry gun.

And unless things have changed recently, Robar has a very long turn around time. And they are expensive. I send all my guns to CCR. Their CPII looks just like NP3 and its not slick to the touch like Robar's. And they have a very quick turn around time (if you make a reservation). And they are much cheaper.

Yes, I've read that NP3 was slick to the touch.
I've been using CCR for several years, I've never been disappointed with their work.
Their communication, yes, but their work has always been top notch.
Brad, Mary, and the gang are good people...

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:

I've been using CCR for several years, I've never been disappointed with their work.
Their communication, yes, but their work has always been top notch.
Brad, Mary, and the gang are good people...

Yeah, Ill give you that. Their communication does suck.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
It ran 100% with the Magtech, and the Magtech seemed to have a little more kick to it.

Well WWB nowadays is about as wimpy as it gets. Blame WalMart and similar corporate cohorts and their cost-cutting, nickel-and-dime squeezing ways. Companies like Winchester and Federal still have to make some profit which WalMart apparently doesn't give a rat's ass about as long as they still get the price that they want. So the ammo makers are going to do and make it up in ways that don't benefit us, the end users of their now weakened, milquetoast products.

EDIT: Gawd I'm in a foul mood. Damn insomnia...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to say I am pleased in every way with a new G30 gen 4 I brought home today. I put a set of meprolight sights on it and then ran 100 rds through it. No problems of any kind. Still having trouble believing how much I like these Glock pistols.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I was getting really weak ejections with WWB on my new 21. Rangers ran just fine. Good ejection pattern.

Shooting the WWB suppressed, the case would barely make it out of the slide. Duty ammo ran fine suppressed.

My threaded barrel came in for the new 19 today. Sadly, I don't have a piston yet for my suppressor to run it. I couldn't find a factory barrel so I bought one that Gemtech sells in 1/2 x 28. Not sure who makes it for them. Storm Lake maybe?

Not going to leave the TLR-3 on it. I'll put the TLR-3 on the VP9 whenever my dealer gets me one.

I hate to admit it, but the 2mm beavertail has grown on me the more I shoot the 21/41/19. So much that I went out and bought one for my duty gun (31)

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8019 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Nice report 1lowlife...
In comparing the 33 with 40sw vs 357 sig which had more felt recoil?

How would you compare the 26 felt recoil to the 357sig. Regardless of blast from the 357...

The reason I ask is I have a sports injury in my right hand and 40sw in my older 27 hurt after a 100 rounds... for a day or so I could feel it.. I shot it well and worked through the pain.. but the 26 was never an issue no matter the round count. I also shot the 26 faster and seemed to be more accurate also the 26 was more controllable one handed strong side or weak.. I think I see my answer already but would appreciate your input... Smile
I know 40sw isn't for me in the 27 Its ok in my 239 but in that I shoot 357 sig anyways.

So was 357sig similar to 40sw in the 33?
Was 357sig perhaps a bit more but not as much as the 40 and a bit more than the 26?

What I'm hoping is that I can live with the 33 in 357sig to go along with my 239 in 357... 40sw
but I won't be disappointed if I just stick with what I know already works and that is a 26... I've yet to find a 33 to rent hence my questions.

Ps. It's been in the 100s here in sacramento as well... hate it..

Thanks.
Ranger20

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice report 1lowlife...
In comparing the 33 with 40sw vs 357 sig which had more felt recoil?

How would you compare the 26 felt recoil to the 357sig. Regardless of blast from the 357...

The reason I ask is I have a sports injury in my right hand and 40sw in my older 27 hurt after a 100 rounds... for a day or so I could feel it.. I shot it well and worked through the pain.. but the 26 was never an issue no matter the round count. I also shot the 26 faster and seemed to be more accurate also the 26 was more controllable one handed strong side or weak.. I think I see my answer already but would appreciate your input... Smile
I know 40sw isn't for me in the 27 Its ok in my 239 but in that I shoot 357 sig anyways.

So was 357sig similar to 40sw in the 33?
Was 357sig perhaps a bit more but not as much as the 40 and a bit more than the 26?

What I'm hoping is that I can live with the 33 in 357sig to go along with my 239 in 357... 40sw
but I won't be disappointed if I just stick with what I know already works and that is a 26... I've yet to find a 33 to rent hence my questions.

Ps. It's been in the 100s here in sacramento as well... hate it..

Thanks.
Ranger20

The 40 obviously had a tad more muzzle flip as 40s do.
I didn't mind shooting 40 thru it, but prefer the 357sig.
To me, the 357sig is like a 9mm+P with a little more oomph..
I love shooting the round.
I get shit for it when I say this, but the 357sig is a FUN round to shoot.
I had that one flier, but I tend to look over anyone that opens the range door when I'm shooting.
That is what broke my concentration on that 357sig target.

I've posted this before but my problem with the G30S wasn't so much the recoil (maybe a little).
It was the percussion of the 45ACP in a small light polymer pistol is what I didn't care for.
I have none of that with my G21, P220, or G33.

I haven't shot 9mm +P in a long time, I carry 147gr 9mm in my carry 9mms.
But if you can handle 9mm+P in your G26, I don't think you'd have a problem with a sub-compact Glock in 357sig.

According to specs:
A loaded G33 weighs in at 26.65 oz
Glock 33
A P239 w/mag (I'm assuming an empty mag) is 29.5 oz, and I just weighed 8 rds of 357sig to be 3.5 oz for a total of 33 oz.
Sig P239
So you're looking at a 6.35 oz difference in weight to help with recoil with the P239.
But you're gaining 2 rounds with the G33 and that is 6.35 oz lighter to carry around all day..

IMHO, if you like your P239 in 357sig, you'll like the G33.
As stated, I don't really care for the 40 either.
I only bought the G27 barrel in case ammo dries up again, I don't intend to use it on a regular basis.
Same for my G22, either the G31 barrel will reside in that slide, or I'll be shooting better ammo with the G34 slide.
The 40 round is noting but a back up for me...

I wish you were closer and we would head to the range and you could shoot my G33.
Maybe we could stand on a corner in Winslow, Arizona and shoot it out.
That is about halfway from my house to yours..... Wink

One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wish you were closer and we would head to the range and you could shoot my G33.Maybe we could stand on a corner in Winslow, Arizona and shoot it out.That is about halfway from my house to yours.....

1lowlife.... That made me laugh... Too bad we're not closer....

Thanks for taking the extra time and providing input not only for me but for this thread...
Like You I really really like the 357sig in the 239... I find it similar to my +P+ Ranger T ammo. in my old 239 9mm... but with more blast... I live outside Sacramento in the country and I like the flat shooting 357... it's just fun to shoot.. It costs no more than 45acp here and while more than 9mm I don't mind 10 extra bucks a box. I just don't.
I do realize that someday I will have to transition to 9mm in a G26/G17 which is a just fine.. but for now I'll give the 357sig it's season... I started with 10mm for 23 years. then 9 then 45... now 357... it's 10mm light Smile

OH Ya you said recoil in the 30s... My main CCW is a Glock 36. I shoot it well and the 45acp doesn't bother my hand at all. Odd that the 40 does...

Thanks again..
This is my favorite thread on Sigforum Thanks Para for letting us ramble on...

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks again..
This is my favorite thread on Sigforum Thanks Para for letting us ramble on...

No problem Ranger.
I also thank Para for the leniency on not only "buying a Glock" but also "owning a Glock"... Big Grin

If you can do the +P+ ranger T in a P239, you should have no problem with the G33...

Did you sell your G27?
You can easily drop a G33 barrel into it and , of course, use the same mags.. Wink

LWD G33 barrel $144.98 + shipping

I'm guessing you already dumped it.
I don't keep guns around that I don't like to shoot...

I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife

You heard wrong.
If my wife who has RA can easily rack the slide on both the 226 and 220 that have NP3 on them, those that find it too tough need to turn in their man card.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1lowlife, Now that's not a picture that I needed to see this early in the morning.

c4

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
I did sell the 27. It was coated NIBX. It was a bit slicker sure, but I had no issues with it being to slick to rack the slide. Nor did my dainty gals in our family. It smoothed up the action and it sure cleans easy. If they made it in a dark color I'd prefer it. A little to fancy for me. Lol

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RANGER20,

Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife

You heard wrong.
If my wife who has RA can easily rack the slide on both the 226 and 220 that have NP3 on them, those that find it too tough need to turn in their man card.

The serrations on a Sig is wider and deeper than on a Glock or HK, genius.....

Think before you open your mouth.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Easy on the insults.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I earned my
bombasticity
Picture of Psychobastard
posted Hide Post
Anyhoo...

I see that the average price for a "good" Gen 2 G19 is around $300 give or take. If that remains consistent (and I remain employed) I may pick up a couple. After I get my hands on a second Hi Power of course.

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men."
- St. Augustine

Posts: 25964 | Location: Wearesoscrewedistan | Registered: October 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Psycobastard... Agreed...
The G19 Gen II have always been excellent for my big old hands without the finger grooves... A great buy when found.. They are scarce in our area as most people hold on to them.. here in Sac they go for around $400... so $300 is a steal IMHO... Good for you!

After owning a few hundred handguns I always go back to GLOCK... Proven...durable reliable and fully trustworthy especially in 9mm I can't say that about many other makes... Well ok SIG and HK... Smile