SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Just added two more to my collection!

Me too! A G34 and a G29 to keep my G26 and G20 company Cool

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe Para should have named this thread - You will buy multiple Glocks!

I do see another in my future.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's all about crossing the threshold into the City of the Damned. Once within its walls, all is lost.

Posts: 107578 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yatedog66
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Good...Good

West German P226
Sig P250SC

Posts: 126 | Registered: July 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy to report I have my new Gen4 23 and 27 combo (they both came in after over 2 months of waiting).

My LGS says that they have received more Blue Labels in the last 2 weeks than they have all year. They had no idea what the hold up was.

I also have a 23/27 Gen3 combo, so it will be interesting to compare them. Out of the box, however, Glock has done some work on the triggers from gen4 introduction. They are much improved and for those reset fans, it actually seems crisper with less "bounce" on break than my gen3s.

And IMO this is the best forum about Glocks. People get fair answers to questions, with both good and bad.

-----------------------------
NRA Certified Instructor, Glock Certified Armorer - http://firearms.fortreg.com

Posts: 2174 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
You will buy a Glock

Lord knows I'm trying... If anyone has a line on a Gen 2 Glock 19, please let me know. Wink

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
You will buy a Glock

Lord knows I'm trying... If anyone has a line on a Gen 2 Glock 19, please let me know. Wink

Just recently had an opportunity to purchase an honest to goodness G19 Gen 2, factory compensated. But due to too many recent gun purchases, had to pass on it. It didn't last long.
'Course I already have a really nice G19 Gen 2, but probably shoulda bought that one.

Posts: 29 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
You will buy a Glock

A little beat up but the only one I could find..

Gunbroker Gen 2 G19

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
medlem
posted Hide Post
Damnit. I did it. I just new I would never own a Glock, but there it is, flying through the air via UPS 2nd Day Air, headed in my direction. For some reason I just "needed" a Gen 4 G20. Honestly, it was the draw of the 10mm more than anything. Then again, Glock works in mysterious ways.

Hoping to pick it up Saturday, but I always get delayed, so I'll plan to spend the next few days scouting for ammo instead of cleaning my new toy.

Posts: 2242 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: September 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The idea of 15 rounds of 10mm is appealing, no? Wink

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
You have been Assimilated... Smile

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
medlem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The idea of 15 rounds of 10mm is appealing, no? Wink

I was powerless to resist. It seemed even easier than the others to get the wife on board with too. The fact that it is one more than 9 is all the reasoning it took.

Posts: 2242 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: September 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Now, get the factory 6" barrel, a good WML like a Surefire, and some full power loads, and you'll have the bitchinest house gun ever.

Oh yeah, don't forget the Trijicons.

Picture of Micomiles
posted Hide Post
Yup...... I bought a Glock 19 Gen4 yesterday at my LGS. I just could not say "NO" and walk away!!!

Shoots really nice too!!! Big Grin

Posts: 69 | Location: Virginia  | Registered: January 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micomiles:
Yup...... I bought a Glock 19 Gen4 yesterday at my LGS. I just could not say "NO" and walk away!!!

Welcome to the Light of the Dark.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Success! After a long search, I finally located a Glock 19 Gen 2 at a price that I could live with. It should be in my grubby little paws next week.

It's one of the early ones with a two letter prefix on the seral number, so I'll have to double-check that is has had the "6 part recall" upgrade performed. If not, I'll have to either get with our Glock armorer to have it done, or ship it off to Glock for inspection/upgrade.

Now to find a Glock 26 and complete the trifecta...

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread is starting to drive me nuts. Began reading it about three years ago out of idle curiosity. Crap... should have known better. Thought Czechvar's hypnotic wheel was silly. Thought Para was getting commissions from Glock. Thought Glocks were ugly. Thought Glock grip was too big (until Gen4).

THEN...drum roll! I actually BOUGHT a Gen4 G34 in 2011 - solely as a fallback for my deteriorating arthritic paws. At least when it got worse I'd be able to shoot something. Crap...first time at the range I was shooting it as well as the Sigs and 1911's I've had for decades. Really pissed me off.

NEXT...I bought a Gen4 G19 last week. Ran about 150 rounds at the range yesterday. Mix of ball, +P+ and mid range reloads. Zero malfunctions, all brass at 3 o'clock in a 2 1/2 foot circle. Fist size groups at seven yards - two hands, strong hand, weak hand. Just like my G34. Crap...everything works.

Really, really pissed off now. I'm sitting here with over $8,000 worth of Sigs, 1911's, Sparks leather and spare mags. Crap...now I have to think about what I'm going to do with some of this expensive stuff. Do I really need three different platforms?

Started to ponder this all and went out to the SF. Crap...all I saw was Czechvar's hypnotic wheel spinning. You veel buy more Glocks...you veel buy more Glocks. NAH - I bought only ONE Glock...until I bought a second. Gotta go now - getting dizzy...

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kone
posted Hide Post
This thread started back in 2009. I was still living in Texas, knee deep in everything else BUT Glock.

Now 4 years later, I've recently purchased a Gen 4 G19 and a Gen 4 G26. I may also be looking for their Gen 3 counterparts soon, also.

NRA Life Member

Dan Wesson CBOB 1911
Remington 1911 Government R1
Glock 43 BFG w/ICE Claw night sights
Glock 19 Gen 5
Colt LE6920CMP-OD bullet button removed
Mossberg 500 20g 18.5
Mossberg 590 Shockwave 20g
Mossberg 500 12g 20
Mossberg 930 HD 18.5

Posts: 352 | Location: Near Northtown, Nevada | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Human, All
Too Human
posted Hide Post
I just bought another Gen3 G19 with my annual GSSF certificate. This is my sixth Glock.

and here is where I bitch...

Took it to the range and got the 'now expected' 2 or 3 in 15rds of brass to the head. This one actually hit me with a bit more force than what I consider tolerable.

My last three Glocks, which are all post-2010 Gen 3's, have had this issue.

I called Glock. Yeah, I may have been limp wristing, and it may have been bad ammo. But, it doesn't seem to affect my early Gen 2 Glock(s), my older Gen 3, my P225, P228, CZ75B, Beretta 92, 1911, Model 41, or CZ Kadet. To Glock's credit, they did offer to take a look at it. Provided I ship on my dime. I didn't want to bother the shop I got it from either, mostly because it isn't their issue, and I have two others with the same problem.

They are outstanding with exception to that single BTF problem. Glock, it's users, and any internet browser will already know about it, and it is real. No, I won't send them back to 'maybe' solve the BTF issue, and I wish I could just buy the older type extractor from Glock. It pisses me off, but I'll adapt.

Bitch off.

Last night, I ordered three Apex extractors, three Gen 4 ejectors, and three non-LCI spring loaded bearings. While a non issue, I decided to try the Vickers mag releases too. I'm gonna work these three over and see if I can make 'em 100%.

If it still persists, I will soon sell a Glock. Three to be precise. With full disclosure, and a box of parts.

Love Glock. Will probably buy a few more. Just thinking it'll be used, older Gen 2 and 3's from here on.

Posts: 978 | Location: Ohio | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post