SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
recently picked up a lnib Gen 2 G17 (1992). especially satisfying purchase, as i still have 'G17 stuff' i saved from the one i sold many years ago.

Posts: 866 | Location: Southern California | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
260 pages, WOW! Think I'll buy another Glock just too celebrate!
Gen 4 22 here I come! Dale
Couldn't find any Gen4 17s so I went with a 22 instead. But I still prefer the 9mm.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Badkarma 1,

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've said before that I sold my P226 when I got a G35 as I didn't use the SIG any more.
I can't understand people's "inaccurate" claim - My G35 is a real tack driver. It mightn't be my Walther GSP, but in all honesty, it's not all that far behind. I easily keep all shots in the black on a standard ISSF target at 25 metres.

Anyway, it might be ugly, but I lubs me my Glock - and this week I'm going to pick up a G17 Gen 4. I just can't help it... Big Grin

Posts: 277 | Location: Malta, Europe | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
The Cap sights for my G30S arrived yesterday.
I bought them on recommendation of others here.
Had I-dots on a G19, but I think I'm going to like these better.
Hope to get them installed over this 3 day weekend.
Finally get to use that Glock pusher I bought last year..

I installed the CAP sights on my 30s and love the simplicity and accuracy of these.

Posts: 191 | Location: TX,USA | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been a month ow since I sold my Glocks and I still haven't ought another Glock.

I did pickup a Sig RCS 1911 yesterday.

Posts: 323 | Registered: October 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mkh:
It's been a month ow since I sold my Glocks and I still haven't ought another Glock.

Who gives a shit?

Posts: 107462 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

Who gives a shit?

Just friendly banter and mild resistant on my part. Wasn't intended to piss you off.

Posts: 323 | Registered: October 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

Who gives a shit?

Just friendly banter and mild resistant on my part. Wasn't intended to piss you off.

But you did buy one (or more), hence the title of this thread... Roll Eyes

You will buy a Glock

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cliveb:
I've said before that I sold my P226 when I got a G35 as I didn't use the SIG any more.
I can't understand people's "inaccurate" claim - My G35 is a real tack driver. It mightn't be my Walther GSP, but in all honesty, it's not all that far behind. I easily keep all shots in the black on a standard ISSF target at 25 metres.

Anyway, it might be ugly, but I lubs me my Glock - and this week I'm going to pick up a G17 Gen 4. I just can't help it... Big Grin

I for one, never claimed Glocks aren't accurate, my nephew, a LEO can shoot his as issued Glock and cut the black center out of a target, makes a black quarter in paper.

I can't hit jack shit with one. I don't know why. It is me though, I've got too many friends and family that are deadly accurate with Glocks and wouldn't carry any other.

I will give them a try again some day. The Glock I shot was at a shooting range. They let you try all different kinds of handguns. Who knows what the round count through it was. It was a rental. Who knows when or if it was cleaned?

I should try my son-in-laws he's former LEO as well. Or my nephew's if he comes over from Indy to shoot again.

NO SIGnature

Posts: 2050 | Location: London, OH | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Well, she'll have another chance. Cool

I'll be helping my best friend's father learn how to shoot his first pistol; a NIB hand me down Gen 1 Glock 17 from his brother. Eek

I haven't even been around a Glock (personally) in probably two years, but I understand the first Glocks are real classics.

Posts: 6311 | Location: Orlando, Florida, U.S. | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyBones7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slimcakes:

I'll be helping my best friend's father learn how to shoot his first pistol; a NIB hand me down Gen 1 Glock 17 from his brother. Eek

I haven't even been around a Glock (personally) in probably two years, but I understand the first Glocks are real classics.

Prediction: It will shoot pretty much like most other Glocks: You pull trigger, it goes bang. Hole is pretty much where it ought to be on target.

I'd be shocked if it turned out any other way Smile

Enjoy!

Regards,

Bones

Posts: 474 | Location: PA | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
It will shoot pretty much like most other Glocks: You pull trigger, it goes bang. Hole is pretty much where it ought to be on target.

...after my instruction of course. Wink Big Grin

Posts: 6311 | Location: Orlando, Florida, U.S. | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bmo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slimcakes:

Wow, maybe he should just buy a gen 3 or 4 and keep that one NIB. You don't see a NIB gen 1 everyday.

Posts: 2653 | Registered: November 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow, maybe he should just buy a gen 3 or 4 and keep that one NIB. You don't see a NIB gen 1 everyday.

He's not a gun guy, wouldn't do it. Our only hope is that the same brother also handed him down a Taurus clone of the 92FS (reliable, so I hear), so were going to do some dry-firing and some basic fundamentals before we even hit the range. He's sorta partial to safeties, so we'll see.

Whatever he's more comfortable with, he'll keep for his HD.

Picture of kone
posted Hide Post
Another Glock is going to keep my Glock 19 Gen 4 company.

Just bought a Glock 26 Gen 4 OD Green with Night Sights. Can't wait to get it!

NRA Life Member

Dan Wesson CBOB 1911
Remington 1911 Government R1
Glock 43 BFG w/ICE Claw night sights
Glock 19 Gen 5
Colt LE6920CMP-OD bullet button removed
Mossberg 500 20g 18.5
Mossberg 590 Shockwave 20g
Mossberg 500 12g 20
Mossberg 930 HD 18.5

Posts: 352 | Location: Near Northtown, Nevada | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GT4point6
posted Hide Post
On my 10 day wait, LGS had a G30 Gen 3 and I have been waiting for months for a Ruger KLCR with no deliver in sight so just used those monies and got the Glock. More practical anyway for me since I don't carry.

Before I bought it, they had one for rent so I shot it and liked it. I have shot Glocks before but not much.

I was considering the XD45 and the Glock 21/30/36. Only interested in 45's. Not starting a battle here, I'm sure I'd like either but Glocks are coming back on the shelves, haven't seen a XD45 in some time here in SoCal.

Gen 4 Glocks are not Ca legal, and XDM's are not Ca legal. XDS is not Ca legal. So if you want a gun in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornication, you can't be too picky...

Kevin, USN (Ret)

Posts: 412 | Location: Ramona, Ca | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT4point6:
On my 10 day wait, LGS had a G30 Gen 3 and I have been waiting for months for a Ruger KLCR with no deliver in sight so just used those monies and got the Glock. More practical anyway for me since I don't carry.

Before I bought it, they had one for rent so I shot it and liked it. I have shot Glocks before but not much.

I was considering the XD45 and the Glock 21/30/36. Only interested in 45's. Not starting a battle here, I'm sure I'd like either but Glocks are coming back on the shelves, haven't seen a XD45 in some time here in SoCal.

Gen 4 Glocks are not Ca legal, and XDM's are not Ca legal. XDS is not Ca legal. So if you want a gun in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornication, you can't be too picky...

Man, I feel your pain! Only place in Kalifornication I ever liked was San Diego. I spent 4 years in Uncle Sam's canoe club as well. FTG3 Tonkin Gulf Yacht club USS Newport News CA-148

Thanks for your service Chief.

NO SIGnature

Posts: 2050 | Location: London, OH | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a gen4 G19. I am a happy man.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
USS Newport News CA-148.

"Grey Ghost of the East Coast"

Thank you for your service...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of naza2004
posted Hide Post
After years of denial I finally purchased a Glock, G34 to be precise for range fun and an attempt to start competition. I even wrote on this thread around page 60 that I preferred my XDM, which has been sold long ago!

So I guess I fall right smack in the middle of the bell curve! Very interested to see how it shoots!

Posts: 109 | Location: Chester County,PA | Registered: February 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post