SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
Almost bought another one today... a Glock 20 was just staring at me.

Maybe I will buy it tomorrow? I don't know.

I'm torn between sticking a conversion barrel in my G21 or buying another gun.

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spdski:
Almost bought another one today... a Glock 20 was just staring at me.

Maybe I will buy it tomorrow? I don't know.

I'm torn between sticking a conversion barrel in my G21 or buying another gun.

I vote conversion barrel for the existing G21... Wink

Then buy another gun... Big Grin

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of M1Lover
posted Hide Post
You're right. Bought my first Glock, a nib G22 sight unseen (it was cheap, what the Hell), opened the box, suppressed the urge to barf, promptly swapped it even for a S&W 66-4 and learned my lesson well. Never again, too many better options NOT made outa plastic. H

"Fat People Make Lousy Revolutionaries." - Me

Posts: 380 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Buy the Glock G20 and a 9X25 Dillon conversion barrel. You can shoot 9mm 125 grain at 1700 fps!

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M1Lover:
You're right. Bought my first Glock, a nib G22 sight unseen (it was cheap, what the Hell), opened the box, suppressed the urge to barf, promptly swapped it even for a S&W 66-4 and learned my lesson well. Never again, too many better options NOT made outa plastic. H
Pay attention...you are under my control...from now on, whenever you open any box...you will barf...and then disrobe at the nearest major traffic intersection while singing "Mame"...

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gosh, you don't sound very bright. You bought something you didn't want, looked at it, and then decided to get rid of it.

Is this a Special Needs holiday, by any chance? Short buses not running today?

Posts: 107472 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Q - What happened to the "You will buy a Sigpro 2022" thread?

A - He's over there.

Chorus - Splitter!

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Did the same thing with a Corvette. Ordered it from the dealer by phone. Picked it up, drove it home. Then traded it in on a 1992 Chevy Impala. Hated that plastic. Eek

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Only pistol in the world uglier'n a Glock is a LONGSLIDE Glock. Glocks is uglier than a tree full of toads. Uglier than a bucket of snot. You get the picture. 51 years old, shooting since 9. Never owned one.... Will NOT own a Glock. H.

quote:

Will NOT own a Glock huh?

But you did buy one and swapped it huh?

Maybe he was hit by the short bus.

Posts: 4983 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LimaCharlie:
Buy the Glock G20 and a 9X25 Dillon conversion barrel. You can shoot 9mm 125 grain at 1700 fps!

How hard is it to find brass and ammo for it?

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of M1Lover
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
Only pistol in the world uglier'n a Glock is a LONGSLIDE Glock. Glocks is uglier than a tree full of toads. Uglier than a bucket of snot. You get the picture. 51 years old, shooting since 9. Never owned one.... Will NOT own a Glock. H.

quote:

Wow, you sure got lots of time on your hands. You found a three year old post. Congrats, aren't you the bright one? You should change your handle to Sherlock.

Sometimes a guy just has to date a dog just to find out, but you all being perfect never once did that. And to think, all this time I thought the richard-heads were over on ARFCOM. Guess I was wrong again... H

"Fat People Make Lousy Revolutionaries." - Me

Posts: 380 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Professor Smack-Down
Picture of Protein anchor
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Wow, you sure got lots of time on your hands. You found a three year old post. You should change your handle to Sherlock. Sometimes a guy just has to date a dog just to find out... H

quote:

Wow, you sure got lots of time on your hands. You found a three year old post. Congrats, aren't you the bright one? You should change your handle to you Sherlock.

Sometimes a guy just has to date a dog just to find out, but you all being perfect never once did that. And to think, all this time I thought the richard-heads were over on ARFCOM. Guess I was wrong again... H

We have dick heads here too - you're here, right?

Relax, man.

----------------------------
Tony

Guns in my collection:

Awaiting next purchase

Posts: 4107 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Just a suggestion for some of you guys- if you're going to go out of your way to participate in this thread, perhaps you shouldn't bother. Usually, it doesn't work out to well for you if you're not in this thread to have fun.

No one is forcing you to participate in this thread. You come in here of your own free will. Just remember that when things don't go how you planned.

Posts: 107472 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Decon
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Wow, you sure got lots of time on your hands. You found a three year old post. Congrats, aren't you the bright one? You should change your handle to Sherlock.

Just chill out, Richard! Its a fun thread so just go with it.

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1582 | Location: Houston TX | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
quote:

How hard is it to find brass and ammo for it?

If you reload, it is 10mm brass necked down to 9mm. Double-Tap and Underwood sell the ammunition. Double Tap and Lone Wolf sell the barrels in either standard length or six inch version.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Has the "You Will By A Glock" thread killed more memberships by self-Sig Forum-suicide than any other thread? It does seem to be dramatic, kind of a Sig Forum Seppuku with Para as the second, chopping off the head after the guts flow.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
Has the "You Will By A Glock" thread killed more memberships by self-Sig Forum-suicide than any other thread? It does seem to be dramatic, kind of a Sig Forum Seppuku with Para as the second, chopping off the head after the guts flow.

Seppuku is an honorable death. This is more like a pack of whiney little Marie Antoinettes bitchin' at the Headsman for his choice of clothing and surprised to wake up with their heads in a basket... Smile

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was also considering going non-traditional in caliber and going .460 rowland or .400 corbon.

I want a bear gun of a glock...

We'll see how it goes. Any experience there? How does the Dillon compare?

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:

Seppuku is an honorable death. This is more like a pack of whiney little Marie Antoinettes bitchin' at the Headsman for his choice of clothing and surprised to wake up with their heads in a basket... Smile

Very good point. So instead of our Mighty War Eagle with a Katana we dress him in a black hood and give him a guillotine. Big Grin

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone picked up a 30S yet, and if so, what are your impressions?

tks, c4

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post