SIGforum
You will buy a Glock

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/5941074751

February 09, 2013, 08:04 AM
soggy_spinout
You will buy a Glock
quote:
The 27 is not what I would consider pleasant to shoot.

Personal perception, I feel. I used to think that way...before I actually shot one. Felt recoil is not all that much different than my G23s.
February 09, 2013, 08:50 AM
AH.74
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
If you want a Glock in .357 go up a size to the 32.

Unless you want a subcompact.

I have no issues with my 33; it's a great shooter and not too much to handle at all.

February 09, 2013, 11:48 AM
amc
quote:
Originally posted by feedramp:
amc, what made you veer off course from your original thinking ? "I went to a local gun shop today and while fondling a sig 1911".

There are many 1911's that carry and conceal extremely well.

I have a Gen4 19, which I alternate with a Kimber Ultra Raptor 3" 1911. Both carry well, and both have functioned perfectly from day one.

If not a 1911, the G23 or the 36 are other fine choices.

"Slim is In"

I've owned 1911s in the past and never seemed to shoot them much because I hated cleaning them. My sigs and glocks were easier to break down and clean so they saw more range time. I do shoot sigs and 1911s slightly better than glocks but not so much so that it keeps me from shooting them well. I also love the simplicity and durability of glocks.
In my mind the 1911 is like a piece of America and everyone should own one. But their 2-3x the cost of a glock to get in the entry level 1911.

I quess it comes down to practicality winning over style.
February 09, 2013, 12:14 PM
Prefontaine
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:

Personal perception, I feel. I used to think that way...before I actually shot one. Felt recoil is not all that much different than my G23s.

Totally disagree. I've shot them a number of times, actually once or twice every year for the past 10. The 27 is painful to shoot more than a couple mags through and I'm not alone on this. If it works for you great.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
February 09, 2013, 12:26 PM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:

Totally disagree. I've shot them a number of times, actually once or twice every year for the past 10. The 27 is painful to shoot more than a couple mags through and I'm not alone on this. If it works for you great.
My first Glock was a 27, bought back in the summer of 1995 IIRC.

Kept it a couple of years, didn't really like it. Traded it in on something, maybe a SIG P228.

Probably why its has been 18 years until I got another one...
February 09, 2013, 02:19 PM
akcopnfbks
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Bought one more on Tuesday, happy birthday present to myself. Picked up a new Gen-4 31, fullsize .357Sig. The truly sad part is, it really isn't what I wanted. I was hoping to either get a Gen-4 23, 19, or 32 but they didn't have any of those. They had a Gen-3 23C that tempted me, but I've been wanting a Gen-4 and the 31 was the only Gen-4 they had in stock. It was my birthday, a 90 mile round trip to the store, and I damn well wasn't planning on going home empty handed!

In addition to the new 31, I currently have a 21SF, a 34, and a 23 that are all Gen-3 models. I have had in the past a 30SF, a 33, and two 19's. I may sell my 23 and will probably sell the new 31 down the road. What I really think I want is two consecutive S/N mid size ones. Just haven't decided whether they will be 19, 23, or 32's. Oh, and maybe a 26 too. I also kinda like the 36, but I decided I didn't need a compact .45 which is why I sold the 30SF. Then again, the 36 is single stack and since they won't make a single stack 9mm, it may be the next best thing.

I don't know, maybe I should just seek professional help instead...

Of all the guns I've bought & sold over the years, the only one I wish I had back is the G-31. Great platform for the .357Sig IMHO.....be careful, it'll grow on you quickly! Big Grin

February 12, 2013, 10:51 PM
1lowlife
Well, I bought a G30S on Gunbroker yesterday, mailed the check today..
Paid more than I should have, but I have no patience to wait for them to hit the LGS around here.
Even when they do show up, they are going to want a pretty penny for them..

Looking forward to getting it a couple weeks... Big Grin
Now, do I still want that G36 or not... Confused
February 13, 2013, 01:10 AM
soggy_spinout
quote:
The 27 is painful to shoot more than a couple mags through and I'm not alone on this. If it works for you great.

Like I said...personal perception. Not really any worse for me.
February 13, 2013, 07:32 AM
Gundawg
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
I don't know, maybe I should just seek professional help instead...

Lol, as I was reading your second paragraph, I had two thoughts.

1) This is a sickness.
2) I know this because I have this sickness.

I'm now sort of on the hunt for my third Glock, and in less than two months. They're all meant to cover different bases, I swear! Big Grin

Enjoy that new 31, Boss. Smile

it's alll about the bases i know, for me it's the G19 (because veryone should own one) or G30S (because i don't have a glock or a .45)

February 14, 2013, 09:15 AM
parabellum
Last night, this thread passed a half million page views.

Can you....DIG IIIIIT!!!

February 14, 2013, 10:50 AM
2ndAmVA2
The first time I fired my husband's Glock, a Glock 22, it had a horrible trigger-slap. Stung my trigger finger every time! Then, the plastic recoil spring guide broke. He bought a metal spring guide. Ended up getting rid of the Glock 22. I still like the Sigs more than the Glocks. A friend is lending us a Glock 17, 2nd Gen. Will try that next. Maybe that could overcome my hesitation with Glocks.

Sig P6
Sig P228
Sig P226
Sig P220
February 14, 2013, 11:12 AM
1lowlife
quote:
Originally posted by 2ndAmVA2:
The first time I fired my husband's Glock, a Glock 22, it had a horrible trigger-slap. Stung my trigger finger every time! Then, the plastic recoil spring guide broke. He bought a metal spring guide. Ended up getting rid of the Glock 22. I still like the Sigs more than the Glocks. A friend is lending us a Glock 17, 2nd Gen. Will try that next. Maybe that could overcome my hesitation with Glocks.

My Gen 2 G17 and G19 are my favorites..

I've also found I like a smooth faced trigger over the grooved one if you think that will help..
I buy a smooth faced triggers for all my Glocks..

Welcome to the forum.. Big Grin
February 15, 2013, 02:57 AM
B-RadZ
I've got two glocks, I've had a few more over the years. None have ever had names besides 17, 26, 30 etc.

THey're good guns, I like some of my other guns better though.

Brad
February 15, 2013, 03:01 PM
Maestro
You were right....you were right about me. Tell your sister......you were right....
February 16, 2013, 04:16 PM
Sig-2012
Ok, I just can't fight this feeling anymooooooore.

Or I couldn't anyway. I just bought a brand new G19 Gen4 with Ameriglo sights. Can't wait to take it out to the range and try it out. It really fits my hand nice too. Should be a ton of fun.

BeerMan

--------------------------
Yep!
February 16, 2013, 04:45 PM
1lowlife
quote:
Originally posted by Sig-2012:
Ok, I just can't fight this feeling anymooooooore.

Or I couldn't anyway. I just bought a brand new G19 Gen4 with Ameriglo sights. Can't wait to take it out to the range and try it out. It really fits my hand nice too. Should be a ton of fun.

BeerMan

February 16, 2013, 06:30 PM
Pupulepeter
They multiply! G23 just ended up in the safe, tucked in all cosy next to the G17. So cute.

If I could afford a P-51 Mustang I wouldn't bother with sidearms.
February 16, 2013, 06:54 PM
redwood25
I'm currently on the list at a local Police supply store for a Glock 19. This will be my first personally owned Glock. My duty weapon is the Glock 22.

--------------------------------------
February 16, 2013, 06:56 PM
parabellum
One of us. One of us...
February 16, 2013, 08:47 PM
Czechvar
You lack the will to resist...The Dark Side calls...