SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well...Got bit by the Glock bug recently.

Never had much interest in Glocks and always figured I'd rather spend my hard earned bucks on SIGs. Ran into a friend at the SCI annual convention and he mentioned that he had a Glock 17 he was trying to sell. We hashed it over and I ended up taking it off his hands.

Ended up with a "like new" Gen 3 model 17 with 10, count 'em...10, high cap mags. He also upgraded the trigger to the Ghost 3.5 pound trigger and added an extended slide release. I'll visit the range this weekend and see if it's destined to stay in the stable or go up for sale.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

P238 Equinox
P232SL
P239
P226 (W. Germany - 9mm)
P226R (357 SIG)
P220R SAO
P220 Sport
1911 STX
P229 Equinox
P229R
P226 Stainless Elite (9mm)

Posts: 82 | Location: Idaho | Registered: April 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by icedruid:
Well...Got bit by the Glock bug recently.

Never had much interest in Glocks and always figured I'd rather spend my hard earned bucks on SIGs. Ran into a friend at the SCI annual convention and he mentioned that he had a Glock 17 he was trying to sell. We hashed it over and I ended up taking it off his hands.

Ended up with a "like new" Gen 3 model 17 with 10, count 'em...10, high cap mags. He also upgraded the trigger to the Ghost 3.5 pound trigger and added an extended slide release. I'll visit the range this weekend and see if it's destined to stay in the stable or go up for sale.

I thought I liked the 3.5# connectors, but recently found I liked the stock 5# better for CCW and HD.

If one can only own 1 Glock it should be a G17 or G19..IMHO..

If anything, you could probably sell 5 or 6 of your mags and that would pay for the pistol.. Big Grin

There is a plus to having a pistol with a consistent trigger pull.
Glock wins that place in my household..

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He gave me the stock parts so I can change it back to the heavier trigger pull if I decide I don't like the lighter one. I'll have to see how she runs.

Honestly, the number of high cap mags is what really sold me on it. Glock pistols and high cap mags are nowhere to be found around here. The high cap mags that do show up for sale are going for over $50 each. I could recoup half the cost of what I paid for it by selling 5 of the mags. Smile

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

P238 Equinox
P232SL
P239
P226 (W. Germany - 9mm)
P226R (357 SIG)
P220R SAO
P220 Sport
1911 STX
P229 Equinox
P229R
P226 Stainless Elite (9mm)

Posts: 82 | Location: Idaho | Registered: April 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
A brand new G26 gen4 has had FTE problems from the very first trip to the range. No, limp wristing was not a factor. Less than 50 rounds of 115 gr. has been put through it. My longest string of uninterrupted fire was 4 rounds.

I finally got to talk to some guy at Glock who informed me that they use the SAME recoil spring in the 9mm G26 as they do in the .40 cal. G27! At one time they were replacing recoil springs that apparently solving a FTE problem. And now one size fits all? He went on to suggest that I use 124 gr. Blazer ammo and "break it in" by shooting at least 300 rounds through it. I was welcome to send it back to them on my dime and they would "take a look at it" for me.

Yes, I'm frustrated and a more than a little chapped. I wouldn't have bought it if I had known it was going to take a bunch of scarce ammo to break it in enough to trust it. This is one of those famously reliable Glocks and it is acting like some cheap mouse gun. Fortunately we have other handguns that we can trust to function reliably.

God help the uninformed person who just buys one, loads it up and puts it on the night stand without realizing that it may not be much use in a HD situation.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a G19 and have put about 200 rds thru it from three different mags with no FTE or FTF. What I am not digging is the spent brass to the forehead. How can I stop this from happening?

Posts: 72 | Location: McCalla,AL | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
A brand new G26 gen4 has had FTE problems from the very first trip to the range. No, limp wristing was not a factor. Less than 50 rounds of 115 gr. has been put through it. My longest string of uninterrupted fire was 4 rounds.

I finally got to talk to some guy at Glock who informed me that they use the SAME recoil spring in the 9mm G26 as they do in the .40 cal. G27! At one time they were replacing recoil springs that apparently solving a FTE problem. And now one size fits all? He went on to suggest that I use 124 gr. Blazer ammo and "break it in" by shooting at least 300 rounds through it. I was welcome to send it back to them on my dime and they would "take a look at it" for me.

Interesting. I was under the impression that the RSA was a carryover from the Gen3 guns, so I would tend to doubt that the spring assembly is the problem...unless you just got a bad one. Really hadn't heard of any widespread problems with the subcompact RSA, but I have heard of a few issues with regards to the extractor.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaSig75:
I bought a G19 and have put about 200 rds thru it from three different mags with no FTE or FTF. What I am not digging is the spent brass to the forehead. How can I stop this from happening?

I also have a new G19 Gen 3 that periodically sent cases onto the top of my head. Some Glock guys don't think it's a big deal as long as the gun has no FTE/FTF issues. I wanted to alleviate this issue so I contacted Apex Tactical (Randy Lee/Scott Folk) and they sent me their machined Failure Resistant Apex Extractor. I also replaced the 336 ejector with the 30274 ejector as suggested by Randy at Apex Tactical. NO MORE BRASS TO THE HEAD.... I'd rather spend some money to fix it myself than to send it back to Glock and have to pay for overnight shipping and possibly have it returned without the problem solved.

Randy and Scott at Apex are awesome guys and their engineering skills are top notch. Call and ask for Randy (he designed the new extractor)...he will gladly discuss the issue with you...friendly gentleman who will spend time on the phone with you.

They also have the extractor for a gen 4 G19.

https://apextactical.com/store...-info.php?pid68.html

Posts: 327 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some shooters that I very much respect swear by Glocks so I am sure that they are fine firearms. With that said, the only Glock I ever held felt out of place in my hands and actually felt cheaply made to me. I do not currently see me ever having a Glock. With that said, who knows what the future may bring. Right now, there isn't a single Glock on my rather lengthy wish list.

Posts: 96 | Registered: January 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justblues:
Some shooters that I very much respect swear by Glocks so I am sure that they are fine firearms. With that said, the only Glock I ever held felt out of place in my hands and actually felt cheaply made to me. I do not currently see me ever having a Glock. With that said, who knows what the future may bring. Right now, there isn't a single Glock on my rather lengthy wish list.
So, you're buying one today, then?

Posts: 107496 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

Yep, they'll sneak up on you just when you least expect it.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

I said the same stuff. Then I shot one. Go to a range and rent one, shoot it, then decide whether they're not worth owning.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trailboss800:
Today I had a chance to buy a Glock. Instead I chose to go to my dentist and get a root canal. I didn't really need the root canal, but given the choice...

Smile

Long live the 1911

You may want a good defensive pistol at some time and not just a range pistol. Smile

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Today I had a chance to buy a Glock. Instead I chose to go to my dentist and get a root canal. I didn't really need the root canal, but given the choice...

Smile

Long live the 1911

That only tells us you make poor choices..
Your attempt to be cute was a total failure... Frown

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I hope this OK to post here..

I bought a grip plug for my G30SF on eBay.
Come to find out Glock changed the grip design in June of 2012 so it falls out of my frame.

Midway Pearce Grip Plug Glock 29SF, 30SF

NOTE: These grip plugs fit Pre-June 30, 2012 Glock 29SF and 30SF pistols ONLY. They will NOT be compatible with Glock 29SF and 30SF pistols manufactured AFTER June 30, 2012 due to a change in the frame design. Grip plugs do NOT fit standard frame Glock 29 or Glock 30 pistols, or any Gen 4 models.

The eBay seller refunded my money, I told him I would mail it back in a day or two, but he said I didn't need to send it back.
So I'm offering it up to anyone that can use it.
Just make sure it will fit your G30SF/29SF.
Email me your address and I'll mail it to you.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Smile

Long live the 1911

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Decon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:

Yes, I'm frustrated and a more than a little chapped. I wouldn't have bought it if I had known it was going to take a bunch of scarce ammo to break it in enough to trust it. This is one of those famously reliable Glocks and it is acting like some cheap mouse gun. Fortunately we have other handguns that we can trust to function reliably.

God help the uninformed person who just buys one, loads it up and puts it on the night stand without realizing that it may not be much use in a HD situation.

I had the exact same problem with a Gen 3 Glock 26 that I bought back in 2010. Glock said it was a bad recoil spring and before I sent it in I should let them send me a new RSA. They did and I ran 500 trouble free rounds down range before I sold it to a friend. Thing runs great for my friend now as well.

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1582 | Location: Houston TX | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bashman:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

Yep, they'll sneak up on you just when you least expect it.

Emailed my gunsmith/ffl about a repair on a used gun I was looking at. He operates by word of mouth mostly so he mentioned he had a G19 for sale...now he doesn't.

Posts: 139 | Location: UNITED STATES | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Decon:
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:

I had the exact same problem with a Gen 3 Glock 26 that I bought back in 2010. Glock said it was a bad recoil spring and before I sent it in I should let them send me a new RSA. They did and I ran 500 trouble free rounds down range before I sold it to a friend. Thing runs great for my friend now as well.

Sounds like I got it's twin.
I got to wondering if a .40 s&w recoil spring had found it's way into the 26, so I talked to a Glock CS rep. He told me they use the same spring assembly in both the 26 and the 27 now and they no longer send out replacement springs. He suggested that our FTE problem was caused by either limp wristing or the cheap 115 gr. ammo we were using. He went on to say that about three hundred rounds of 124 gr. ammo, which is almost nonexistent around here, should break it in. Having to break in a premium firearm doesn't interest me any more than it does Para.
The CS rep said I was welcome to return it to them on my dime and they'd "have a look at it."
We got Kel-Tec quality for the price of a Glock. It doesn't sound like either one of us will reach fanboy status. Wink

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Guess what I found. A unfired Glock 21 first gen model for the 21. Lucked out and found 3 hi caps for 30 each.

Still has the glock grease from a long time ago

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aircrewman
posted Hide Post
Well, he's right.... However, maybe he should have said for some of us, "you will buy another Glock...." I have bought another Glock. I haven't had a Glock in 15 years. However, I do have one (again) now. It is a Glock 22. I needed a 40 as I have a ton of 40 ammo with no 40 gun. Well, make that, did not have a 40 gun until yesterday. Bought a G-22, Gen 2. Not a bad price, 429, it is used but in good shape. Just
wanted a 40 to shoot. This will be it. I will
not fondle it or secretly hold it close and will not give it a stupid name (until I can think of
a really neat one)... But it will be a Glock and it will be mine!!!.... It will be my one and only!!! At least until I find another one.....

------------------------------

I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..

Posts: 455 | Location: Sutherlin, Oregon | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post