SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Professor Smack-Down
Picture of Protein anchor
posted Hide Post
I did yesterday. Check it out.

I have had a Glock previously; it's nice to have one again.

----------------------------
Tony

Guns in my collection:

Awaiting next purchase

Posts: 4107 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Uh huh. I see. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I got another...G17 RTF2 with gills. Taking it to the range tomorrow :-D

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kholm:
quote:
Originally posted by 1clearshot:
No I won't.

You sure? They compliment Sigs very nicely! Or is it the other way around...

I agree. My EDC P228 W German fits nicely with my bedstand, TLR-wearing, home-defense Gen4 17. What a pair!

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always hated the feel and swore never would get a Glock, that was about 6 months ago.I never fired more than a handful of shots through it so my assesment was made just handling it in the local gun store. I got a G17 as trade for some work and gave it some range time and found that while the grip feels uncomfortable compared to my 239 or 1911 I actually shot it better than any other gun I have had. I now have a 19, 21, and 26 to go with it.

Posts: 158 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ralt33
posted Hide Post
I had a 30 with night sites about 10 years ago for about 6 months until the friend I bought it from wanted it back. I quite liked it.
4.5 years ago I needed to get a gun for a job. I was 95% sure I wanted a .45 and 90% a Glock. I touched my first Sig and it was all over. A 229 was my first Sig. Sig fits me well and so far is my favorite and I don't see that changing.
Until today my only other and current Glock has been a 23 GBB airsoft. I figured some day I might go for a 17, 19 or another 36. I did not like the 23 gen4. I shot a 32 gen3 almost as well as my 229 in the same caliber.

I am picking up a 29 today. $500 LE/EMS package. I still don't think it fits me quite so well as a Sig but, obviously, I think there is something there worth getting with some promise.
10 mm is the only fairly common semi caliber I didn't have. Now I need dies, loads, holsters etc. I wonder if the wife will like it.

Posts: 2901 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: June 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Sad Day ! I put the last Glock I will buy for a long time. I now have all that I need

G 27 x2
G22 - Gen2, and Gen4
G23 gen4 x2
G34 gen3
G19 gen3
G26 gen4 (layaway) did not have time will get it sometime this week.
G36

Sad I can't think of another model I need. I just sold my G32 and do not want another caliber or I would have a SF29.

Glock - truly the best deal that comes out of the box.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dyingtime:
Sad Day ! I put the last Glock I will buy for a long time. I now have all that I need

G 27 x2
G22 - Gen2, and Gen4
G23 gen4 x2
G34 gen3
G19 gen3
G36

Sad I can't think of another model I need. I just sold my G32 and do not want another caliber or I would have a SF29.

You clearly need a G35...

and a G17...

and a lot more Gen 4s after that!!

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
If anyone has a g19 and/or g32 gen 4 in the Dallas area I'd love to shoot it for eval. I will let you shoot my 229 &/or 239 in 40 or .357sig in exchange. I want to run about 50 rounds through the latest 19 and 32.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally found a 17L, will pick it up this week.
Think he has a few left.
http://summitgunbroker.com/glocks.html

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried once and don't like the trigger. Nothing ageist who likes Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 4 | Registered: September 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCCR2006:
I always hated the feel and swore never would get a Glock, that was about 6 months ago.I never fired more than a handful of shots through it so my assesment was made just handling it in the local gun store. I got a G17 as trade for some work and gave it some range time and found that while the grip feels uncomfortable compared to my 239 or 1911 I actually shot it better than any other gun I have had. I now have a 19, 21, and 26 to go with it.

You have discovered what many other "shooters" on Internet forums always seem to overlook. You have to actually go to a range and shoot the dang thing to form any useful opinions. Congrats. Welcome to the forum.

One of my favorites is how certain things "feel". The "feel" of a gun doesn't matter. How it performs on the range does.
Ditto for grips and triggers. Same thing for sight preferences. Paper doesn't lie.

I'm an instructor and an experienced shooter. Bought my first Glock (G34) last year, primarily in preparation for advancing arhtritis in my fingers. At some point I probably will have problems with my DA/SA Sigs and maybe with thumb safeties on my 1911's. Thought I'd prepare in advance. Never shot a Glock before. First time out at my LGC, our defensive handgun group was running fast drills from the holster. After a number of mixed drills at seven and 10 yards, nearly all my shots were in a two inch group. The damn thing shot slightly better than the guns I have shot for decades.

If you asked me beforehand what I thought about the "feel" of the Glock, I would have said "Not crazy about it." If you asked me now, I would say "Who the hell cares?" Beauty is as beauty does.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by targetshooter99:
I tried once and don't like the trigger. Nothing ageist who likes Big Grin Big Grin

The Glock trigger is one of the easiest and cheapest triggers to adjust.
A combination of polishing, connectors, and trigger springs can give one a multitude of trigger weights.
I'd take my Glock trigger over ANY other polymer pistol.
I like a 3.5# connector with a stock trigger spring.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TacticalCity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spdski:
quote:

G 27 x2
G22 - Gen2, and Gen4
G23 gen4 x2
G34 gen3
G19 gen3
G36

and a G17...

He clearly needs those two and a Glock 20 and 21... and then a second of everything just to be sure he covered all the bases.

I honestly do not think you can have enough Glocks.

Posts: 45 | Location: California | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I honestly do not think you can have enough Glocks.

Oh, yes you can...especially if you have to answer to your spouse. Razz

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of molson3530
posted Hide Post
I see one (or several) joining my collection in the very near future. It was a bad idea for my wallet to have tried my friends G23 right after my SP2022 as I shot the Glock soooo much better. Thinking G32 and G33 pair.

Kind of upsetting that I can pick up a gun that I have never fired before and shoot it better than a gun that I have been practicing with and carrying for almost three years.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Tidewater, VA | Registered: August 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by molson3530:
......Kind of upsetting that I can pick up a gun that I have never fired before and shoot it better than a gun that I have been practicing with and carrying for almost three years.

A common complaint among first time Glock shooters. Big Grin

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i quite like my G19

www.mimeocase.com custom iPhone cases

Posts: 29 | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spdski:
quote:

G 27 x2
G22 - Gen2, and Gen4
G23 gen4 x2
G34 gen3
G19 gen3
G36

and a G17...

Naw I really only need the 2 G27's and I may have the G35 is it the one in 40? Really would not mind selling down to just the 27 & 23's.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would never own a Glock. Why would I ever need one? Maybe they are good. So what? They aren't any better than Sigs. I like my sigs, thank you very much.

Posts: 40 | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post